Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: ANOTHER thread on window regulator installation

1. Member
      Vehicles
      97 VW Jetta GLS
      04-08-2012 04:11 PM #1
      I know that the window regulators are a known issues with the 1997 VW Jetta models.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to replace these?

I have two windows that needs one installed. One door, the window parts minus the glass have all been removed. Right now, it's a bare inner door with only the glass and the door panel. When I received the car, I received a zip lock bag of all hardware but I have no clue how to install one of these.

the second window, has everything in place but the regulator needs switched out. (which i have). i checked my car manual and it mentioned having to have to remove ALL window parts in order to install this regulator........please tell me that's not true!!!

anyways, I would like a video for dummies or very detailed illustrations and directions on how to do this.

Can anyone please help me?

I am attaching a link to the photos of what I have. The door that has nothing on it, is what I have to figure out how to install. the photo of just the regulator, is the good one that I need to install in place of the old one that is still in the other door. The other two photos are everything I got with the car when I bought it.

http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/y...w%20regulator/
      Last edited by crankbait09; 04-08-2012 at 05:26 PM.
      1997 Jetta, GLS, 4cyl, 5 speed, 2.0

2. Member
      Vehicles
      97 VW Jetta GLS
      04-08-2012 08:12 PM #2
      no help? or bored topic?
      1997 Jetta, GLS, 4cyl, 5 speed, 2.0