Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Moving to Edmonton Soon

Vehicles
      2007 Rabbit 2.5
      04-08-2012 07:37 PM #1
      So going to be moving to Edmonton sometime this summer and I was wondering what I should do about my car. I have a MK5 Rabbit on air. What I am wondering is will the car need an inspection to get Alberta plates and if it does will it pass with a Notch already done?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 1.8t wolfsburg
      04-11-2012 08:57 AM #2
      All vehicles coming into alberta will need an inspection done to get insurance in alberta. Not sure about the regulations of it though.
      Gt3076, integrated rods, JE pistons, Supertech valvetrain, Aem meth injection, CAT 3658 cams, built apt built transmission, dss 500hp axles

3. 04-11-2012 05:32 PM #3
      The best way to find out what rules and regulations may apply when shipping a car internationally is to contact a professional shipping company....http://www.a1autotransport.com/servi...r-shipping.php

These guys are incredibly experienced with international shipping and will be able to help you through every step of the process when moving from the U.S to Canada

4. 04-11-2012 05:35 PM #4
      Sorry for thinking you were heading from the U.S to Canada. I made that move myself and was just reminded of my own predicaments when i had to go through it. But that shipping company should still be able to help you with any question you might have about moving to Edmonton...

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyJohnson View Post
      The best way to find out what rules and regulations may apply when shipping a car internationally is to contact a professional shipping company....http://www.a1autotransport.com/servi...r-shipping.php

These guys are incredibly experienced with international shipping and will be able to help you through every step of the process when moving from the U.S to Canada

Vehicles
      turbo wagon
      04-18-2012 10:44 AM #5
      Out of Province inspection is all that's needed.

I don't know the details or what is checked, but any monkey with a wrench at Canadian Tire can do it. I'm sure they wouldn't even notice the frame, just don't have it fully slammed with the axle sitting in it haha.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I read this in Samuel L. Jackson's voice to make it more interesting. That's all I got.
      2005 VW Passat Wagon 1.8T 4Motion 5M/T [Current]
      2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Q/MT [Sold]
      2000 VW Golf 2.0 [Sold]