Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: mk3 golf airbags

Vehicles
      2003 vw jetta gli
      04-08-2012 11:29 PM #1
      i might be getting a mk3 golf that needs airbags, it was in a little fender bender and the bags deployed, where would i have to get new airbags and what would i have to do ?

2. 04-09-2012 01:05 AM #2
      You could get them from me. Or anyone else in the classifieds.

You will need the drivers bag, the pass bag if equipped (and airbag cover), the seat belt tensioners if they deployed, and the airbag module behind the console.

If it is a 99, and one of the few with the side airbag option, you will need seats too, but thats like .05% of Mk3's if that.

Vehicles
      2003 vw jetta gli
      04-09-2012 01:45 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnStamos View Post
      You could get them from me. Or anyone else in the classifieds.

You will need the drivers bag, the pass bag if equipped (and airbag cover), the seat belt tensioners if they deployed, and the airbag module behind the console.
      yea its a 96 golf, how much would i be looking for everything ?

4. Member
      Vehicles
      N/A
      04-09-2012 07:06 AM #4
      Look in the For Sale Forum for a Vortex Member who is parting out a car. Airbags aren't worth much because it's illegal to ship them by most carriers, expensive to ship when you can find someone willing to deliver them, and there are lots of airbags available.

You should be able to get the two airbags for $50-$100. Make sure you get the airbag controlled from the same car if possible. You are supposed to replace the airbag controller when the bags are deployed. It's a little harder to find a good passenger airbag cover, because they are made to split, and often times they split even when the airbag doesn't deploy.

I have what you need, but no way to get it to you (that shipping problem).

Make sure the car is really repairable before you start sinking money into replacement parts.