I am pretty much sold on a TDI, though I would like a manual I might have to settle for DSG as there are no manual in the Atlanta area. If I were to get the 2.5 it would be in the SE trim. To my questions:
1. Comparing the TDI to 2.5, is one more reliable than the other and is one more expensive to work on (parts and labor time)? Essentially would the fuel savings of the TDI be eaten up by repair costs, or is the TDI a tank of an engine?
2. would you expect the same lifespan from the TDI and 2.5?
3. some cars people would only consider owning while under factory or extended warranty, is the TDI one?
4. if you have a lead foot and do mostly city driving what can you expect as your MPG with a TDI?
5. Looking at a base TDI either 6spd or DSG, what is a good discount, what is an amazing discount?