Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Need to replace trailer bunks and carpeting

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-09-2012 12:20 PM #1
      I came to the realization this past weekend that my trailer bunks need to be replaced. Not a huge deal, but does anyone know what type of carpeting is needed for trailer bunks? Is it recommended to get what Overtons carries or will pretty much any type of thin carpeting do regardless if it's listed as "Marine-grade"?

here's a pic of the boat for kicks:
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

2. 04-13-2012 11:47 AM #2
      Did that a few years back w/Fulton's (IIRC) carpet kit. Worked like a charm.

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 03:05 PM #3
      thanks for the input

i went to menards last night and picked up a stapler, stainless staples and lag screws, and also found some outdoor carpet treated with a mold/mildew/stain resistant. then i went to home depot and got some treated lumber. should be able to put brand new bunks on the trailer for about $65, so i'm happy with that. will tackle the project this weekend then
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

Vehicles
      04-19-2012 11:44 PM #4
      project complete as of last weekend