Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Quick Coilover Question

1. 04-09-2012 08:58 PM #1
      I've been searching lately for new coils that I would like to get in the near future to upgrade from the racelands that I'm currently on; I'm set on getting Fk's because I'm looking to go as low as possible on coils, now i was looking at the highsports which they say drop 35mm-65mm and the fk sport edition plus which say 35mm-55mm but come with 6-levels of dampening, which the highsports I've heard that its a bouncy ride and the last thing I want is to be smashing up my fendors with my tires, so thats what brought me to the sports edition plus which have dampening which I could control the ride quality but the drop on these coils are 10mm less then the highsports. So my question is that 10mm a big diffrence, and have any of you guys had experience with these coils.

Any opinion of yours on which one to get would be greatly appreciated, what would you choose.

Heres my car btw in winter setup

Thanks in advanced

Vehicles
      2006 Jetta GLI; 1980 rabbit dirty diesel
      04-09-2012 09:00 PM #2
      FK Streetlines!!!

3. 04-09-2012 09:09 PM #3
      well i mean all i can say is get a tape measure and measure out 10mm not a huge difference but its in your preference and what you like. I have highsports and i love them, good drop and a good ride

Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '12 Beetle, '91 Passat
      04-09-2012 10:00 PM #4
      Lower it
      // Open Road Tuning
      Instagram: @bryangb
      bags and wheels = build thread

5. 04-09-2012 10:12 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by bryangb View Post
      Lower it
      hahaha trust me I cant wait to get off these racelands so I can but i just dont know what coils to go with

6. 04-09-2012 10:21 PM #6
      I'm on FK highsports and they have a comfy ride a lot better than i expected. They can go lower then what the sites say
      Skim.

Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '12 Beetle, '91 Passat
      04-09-2012 10:22 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by mk5burge View Post
      hahaha trust me I cant wait to get off these racelands so I can but i just dont know what coils to go with
      My H&R's I'm selling
      // Open Road Tuning
      Instagram: @bryangb
      bags and wheels = build thread

8. 04-09-2012 10:56 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by VW SKIM View Post
      I'm on FK highsports and they have a comfy ride a lot better than i expected. They can go lower then what the sites say
      highsports are the ones that im leaning towards right now, just worried bout the ride quality of them. The racelands im on now are terrible and i can bounce for days so i want somthing stiffer, im just wondering for 50 dollors more is the adjusted dampening worth it but a littler lower of a drop in teh sport edition plus coils