Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: SAI diverter valve??

Vehicles
      2001 TTQ 225
      04-10-2012 04:48 AM #1
      may be stupid but just an idea i had. your sai as i know pumps extra air into your exhaust side of your cylinder head... extra air to heat up the catalyst.

SO lets say with a SAI delete. could you then revert back pressure to your SAI ports.

in my mind this would result in keeping the turbo spooled slightly better on quick shifts rather than reverting it to the intake.

or maybe the colder air would be bad to expose to the turbine wheel and this is just stupid

Vehicles
      AWD BT 20TH and EVO VII RS
      04-10-2012 04:58 AM #2
      During a shift, you lift off throttle, thereby making the ECU drop the requested boost to nil, opening the wastegate, and causing the DV to operate (at least I think that's how it works), so, even if you were to pump the pressurized air through the SAI port, it would just go around the turbine, rather than spooling. Novel idea, but I don't think this is something that should be really pursued. Not to mention that port is quite small in relation to an actual turbo housing, etc...

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8 BT
      04-10-2012 05:07 AM #3
      Forget this idea and instead look up wot shifting
      My Build
      My FAQ / DIY Thread -- Look here for 90% of the questions you have

Welcome to the world of racing! Budgets are ALWAYS exceeded, deadlines are never meet, end-goals never reached, and wives always unhappy... it's all worth it though!