Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      04-26-2012 10:44 AM #71
      I would allow that red one to come home with me

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-26-2012 11:49 AM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by 2VWatatime View Post
      Owned both Pepper & Touareg, and have seat time in the new JGC. Only in TCL is the JGC > Cayenne
      Oh, JGC < Cayenne for sure....assuming that price is absolutely no object. But when is it ever not? The JGC SRT-8 is $20k less expensive and offers most of the performance.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

3. 04-26-2012 12:11 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Oh, JGC < Cayenne for sure....assuming that price is absolutely no object. But when is it ever not? The JGC SRT-8 is $20k less expensive and offers most of the performance.
      So the next time someone posts about, say, a 917, we should really be talking about an S2000? Riiiight.

I'm simply pointing out the absurdity of JGC being brought into almost every single Pepper/Touareg thread - why not toss the JGC into every conversation?

Vehicles
      2013 WRX 2012 Mazda5
      04-26-2012 12:30 PM #74
      So the next time someone posts about, say, a 917, we should really be talking about an S2000? Riiiight.

I'm simply pointing out the absurdity of JGC being brought into almost every single Pepper/Touareg thread - why not toss the JGC into every conversation?
      The Porsche "Pepper" (douchechills) - the 917 of SUVs...

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-26-2012 01:00 PM #75

Why is that absurd? None of us, to my knowledge, occupy an economic stratum where $20k is meaningless, and I don't care what the car is, competitors and their various value propositions nearly always come into discussions around here. Like it or not, the SRT-8 is similar enough to the Cayenne that comparing and contrasting the two is not unreasonable. They're very similar cars with very similar missions and the comparison is natural, just like the CTS-V vs the M5 or the regular JGC vs. the Touareg. It's not that we "should" be talking about the SRT-8, but getting all crabby when somebody brings up one of the few other 400hp+ hot rod SUVs on the market is a bit oversensitive, eh?
      Last edited by Turbio!; 04-26-2012 at 01:07 PM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123