Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Loose/sloppy feeling in front end of 01 GTI?

Vehicles
      '01 VW , '13 Jeep
      04-10-2012 09:42 AM #1
      I'm having a bit of a loose feeling coming from the front of my GTI when I am turning. Its almost like when I get to a certain point it gets kind of sloppy. Could it be control arm bushings gone bad? tie rods? ball joints? I've been looking at kits to replace all of these but before I go and spend the money I want to narrow it down and figure if these should help the problem...

The car has 104k miles on it, pretty sure still original control arm bushings (i never replaced them and i've had the car 8 years and got it with 36k miles on it). Tie rods have been replaced but its probably been 30k miles, and i dont even know about the ball joints.

Any help appreciated, trying to get this stuff done soon so I can enjoy driving it this season.
      follow me on IG @mr_tan

Vehicles
      '01 VW , '13 Jeep
      04-10-2012 09:32 PM #2
      anyone?
      follow me on IG @mr_tan

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09 si, JB 20th
      04-12-2012 08:33 AM #3
      Could also be struts. I just got a front end refresh kit from ecs for $120. Control arm bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, strut mounts, new stretch bolts and nuts

Vehicles
      '01 VW , '13 Jeep
      04-12-2012 09:14 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Fkrzo View Post
      Could also be struts. I just got a front end refresh kit from ecs for $120. Control arm bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, strut mounts, new stretch bolts and nuts
      did this make a noticible difference in how the front end felt for you by replacing all of that stuff?...i mean, were you having the same things as i was? kind of following cracks in the road and pulling when you go over them? and feeling sloppy?
      follow me on IG @mr_tan