Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: ohio drivers

1. 04-10-2012 01:04 PM #1
      Anyone heading out of ohio and if so from when and where? Were thinkin thursday morning bright and early from mansfield area.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      MkIV Jetta | MkVI GTI
      04-19-2012 09:53 AM #2
      Columbus here. Most likely can't leave until late Thursday or super early Friday.

3. 04-20-2012 10:05 PM #3
      Trying to get a group together to cruise down on thurs bright an early. Any takers?

Vehicles
      jetta coupe...
      04-22-2012 11:16 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by dissle_dust View Post
      Trying to get a group together to cruise down on thurs bright an early. Any takers?
      I know that myself and a small group plan on rolling out from cincy sometime early Thursday... We would like to be in Helen by mid/late afternoon... I'll be in my mk1 setting a blistering pace of 65mph tho..
      | 864 Syndicate | blitzkraft | OMGHAI

3-Piece RONAL TURBO's ForSale
      ....search username or PM for details...

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      04-23-2012 03:47 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by ohiodub_99.5 View Post
      I know that myself and a small group plan on rolling out from cincy sometime early Thursday... We would like to be in Helen by mid/late afternoon... I'll be in my mk1 setting a blistering pace of 65mph tho..
      what you no come stay with me before??

Vehicles
      jetta coupe...
      04-23-2012 07:44 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      what you no come stay with me before??
      Havent fully worked out the details yet... But it may happen... Amber got more days off now, so we have more wiggle room for traveling.

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      04-23-2012 08:22 PM #7
      Havent fully worked out the details yet... But it may happen... Amber got more days off now, so we have more wiggle room for traveling.
      thats much better!

Vehicles
      98' LK4U, 97' TDI
      04-24-2012 12:24 AM #8
      theres a group of us, looking like 5-6 leaving from dayton are around 10ish thrusday.
      Kurtis.

Instagram : KTriplett

9. 04-26-2012 12:02 PM #9
      i think we were planning to leave mansfield area around 3:30ish 4am on thurs morning or maby from cbus depending on if we stay at my girlfriends house. We were told there is a group of 8 or so heading out of florence ky around 7 meeting at about 6:30. Who all are you guys rolling with? I believe i talked to NINOHALE and he is the one that informed me of that.

10. 04-26-2012 12:04 PM #10
      doc.crush is also one that will be leaving from the cbus area thurs morning if we can organize these different groups into one that would be a good group to cruise down with sounds like each person i talk to say there leaving with around 8 or more cars.

11. 05-06-2012 01:37 AM #11
      leaving columbus thursday morning for ATL (staying at families house thurs night) than ATL to helen on friday morning.

I'd love to roll with some others on the way however, i'll have a few other cars with me as well!

ill be in this, a buddy in a noggy s4, a buddy in my bmw wagon as support, my other buddy in his s2000, and maybe a few others.

Vehicles
      jetta coupe...
      05-06-2012 05:35 PM #12
      i think we were planning to leave mansfield area around 3:30ish 4am on thurs morning or maby from cbus depending on if we stay at my girlfriends house. We were told there is a group of 8 or so heading out of florence ky around 7 meeting at about 6:30. Who all are you guys rolling with? I believe i talked to NINOHALE and he is the one that informed me of that.
      We'll be rolling with niño hale (Nate ) so that's definatly doable... If you dOnt mind doing 65 the whole way... I'll be in my NA 1.6 Diesle 4-speed. So it'll definatly be slow goin...

13. 05-07-2012 03:09 PM #13
      A group of about half a dozen are rolling out from Waterford MI early thursday morning we're planning to stop in knoxville TN for the night and then roll through the tail of the dragon friday morning before making the rest of the trip to Helen.

we should be rolling through Dayton around noon if any of you guys were interested in meeting up and caravaning.

14. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1966 VW Beetle 1600
      05-10-2012 11:56 PM #14
      Hey I am looking to go Thurs morning early, I need someone to cruise with and if you guys are ok with it I will cruise with you I am in Florence Ky and would just meet up with you guys on 75

15. 05-12-2012 05:27 PM #15
      We'll be rolling with niño hale (Nate ) so that's definatly doable... If you dOnt mind doing 65 the whole way... I'll be in my NA 1.6 Diesle 4-speed. So it'll definatly be slow goin...
      I Nates number from Dave and i was going to text Nate monday and double check all the details but yeah im fine with that i dont like running my tdi more than 65 70 anyhow. How many are planning on cruising down together then? Also i seen a thread saying i-75 is closed in tn and it has one way streets for detours that are taking 1.5 hours to get around. We may want to consider taking an alternative route thru that.

Vehicles
      jetta coupe...
      05-12-2012 06:52 PM #16
      I Nates number from Dave and i was going to text Nate monday and double check all the details but yeah im fine with that i dont like running my tdi more than 65 70 anyhow. How many are planning on cruising down together then? Also i seen a thread saying i-75 is closed in tn and it has one way streets for detours that are taking 1.5 hours to get around. We may want to consider taking an alternative route thru that.
      Yeah...saw the news about the slide... I think I'm still gonna roll out earlier than the whole group, they'll catch up to me eventually... But I would like to figure out the exact location of that closure and plan accordingly to that... See what kind of route/detour that's gonna be required... May take SR25 from somewhere in mid-Kentucky down to lafollette,tn.. Then hop back on 75 down there just south of the tn/ky border... But gonna look at the maps and figure out a solid route within the next couple days.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Gti
      05-14-2012 06:10 AM #17
      Ben, the slide is south of the Jelico exit. You would be able to get off at jelico and hit US25 from there toward lafolette

Vehicles
      '06 MKV on pillows & '07 Fahrenheit GTI
      05-14-2012 10:29 AM #18
      We're meeting at the rest stop at 7:30am and rolling at 7:50. The plan is to meet up with the Louisville and Lexington groups around 9:30 off of the Man O' War exit

Yeah...saw the news about the slide... I think I'm still gonna roll out earlier than the whole group, they'll catch up to me eventually... But I would like to figure out the exact location of that closure and plan accordingly to that... See what kind of route/detour that's gonna be required... May take SR25 from somewhere in mid-Kentucky down to lafollette,tn.. Then hop back on 75 down there just south of the tn/ky border... But gonna look at the maps and figure out a solid route within the next couple days.
      Madam Bechtold's parents just went through that area and I guess they converted that section to one lane north & south to keep 75 open... I was going to map out a detiour today to get us an idea but am open to suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbowman369 View Post
      Ben, the slide is south of the Jelico exit. You would be able to get off at jelico and hit US25 from there toward lafolette
      l AirLift/ORT l APR l G1001 l

@ninohale IG

www.conduktco.com

19. 05-14-2012 10:09 PM #19
      nate was the original plan 6:30 and 7? Now were wait a lil longer n meet up with them? Thats fine by me just makin sure.... is Dave commin down later or is work not permiting?

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 10:25 PM #20
      nate was the original plan 6:30 and 7? Now were wait a lil longer n meet up with them? Thats fine by me just makin sure.... is Dave commin down later or is work not permiting?
      Original was 6:30 but with us meeting up with the KY cruise we put it back a bit.... I haven't talked to Dave about going to SoWo, who all is going from your neck of the woods?

@ninohale IG

www.conduktco.com

21. 05-15-2012 11:30 AM #21
      Chance946 is gonna be rolling with me.... He doesnt wanna spend money on fuel so hes gonna be in my car and another buddy with a stanced evo on works is going to be in my car also... he was contemplating driving his evo down but i think he will take the cheaper route as shane did and just come with me. We will be in my green tdi. Were going to stay in cbus wed night with my girlfriend n just roll from there and meet you guys in Florence. From there we will just follow you. Dave sent me something on mautofied for the tdi on the sti and we conversed at little and he said he was thinking about bringing the sti down to sowo but i havent talked to him since.

Vehicles
      05-16-2012 10:10 AM #22
      UPDATE: Due to the closing of 75S in TN we are going a diff route.

Meet at the rest stop just past Florence at 7am sharp. We are leaving at 715 to head to Louisville to meet up with them and head to Helen.

PM me if you have any questions.

@ninohale IG

www.conduktco.com