Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: 1994 Corrado SLC - 112k miles - $7900 - Located in Northridge, CA

1. 04-10-2012 03:48 PM #1

Sherry pearl metallic with tan leather interior.

Cold weather package, which includes heated seats (they work great!).

Sunroof works. Rear wing works.

The car has European headlights with H4 bulbs, wired with a New Dimensions *fused* wiring harness. The European “city lights” work correctly. Fog lights are New Dimensions heavy-duty OEM replacements with tempered glass, which won’t crack. (Many, if not all Corrados have cracked OEM fogs.) Other upgrades include Bilstein shocks, Autotech sport springs, Autotech front & rear sways with urethane bushings, rear shock tower brace, ABD intake with K&N cone filter, Dieselgeek short shifter, and Momo shift knob. It has Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors with Redbox pads, a low temp fan switch, and Samcos. The previous owner installed white gauge faces, which I believe are just decals that can be removed if you prefer. The stereo is disconnected, but the Alpine head unit is included (not pictured). The ADS amp is a single channel.

Other than the few modifications listed above, the car is virtually stock.

Recent parts include new sparkplugs, sparkplug wires, OEM coilpack, battery, radiator fan and an auxiliary water pump. The thermostat housing was replaced around 70k miles.

It’s had Mobil 1 every 3000 miles, and has Redline MT-90 in the trans. The coolant has been upgraded to G12 (the pink stuff). I believe I have almost all of the receipts from the past 13 years of ownership. I also have – and will include – the silver VR6 and SLC emblems, which are not currently on the car. The silver SLC emblem is unique to the ‘94, if I’m not mistaken.

The heater core recently started to exhibit a minor leak, so it’s been bypassed. The top radiator flange is starting to dribble, and needs to be replaced ($30). The front tires are new (about 3k miles on them), but the rears are wearing and probably need to be replaced soon. The car has some minor scratches and very minor dings, all common to a car of this age.

Adult owned and driven. Always garaged AND covered. I am the third owner, and bought this car in 1999. It was originally owned by a woman in Denver for two years (1994-96), and then by an Audi factory technician in Colorado Springs (1996-99). I flew out to Colorado to buy it, then drove it back to L.A. It has been a Southern California car ever since – but has not been subjected to the salt air near the beach.

This has been an absolutely wonderful car, which I babied, obsessed over, and drove very infrequently. I’m selling because I have two small kids, and don’t want them to destroy it. They can destroy our Acura.

‘94 Corrados are extremely rare, especially in this color.

Please buy this car from me before I change my mind! It absolutely kills me to part with it, but it needs to go to a new caretaker who will appreciate it as much as I have.

Interested buyers please e-mail me directly at kv4has [at] gmail.com. I’m happy to answer any additional questions. If I don’t respond within 24 hrs., it’s because we’re on vacation and I have limited Internet access. For that reason, if you post questions here on Vortex, I may not see them immediately.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      APR Stage III+ B5 S4; '92 Corrado VRT, '93 VR6 GTI Euro spec (sold) Modded '94 Golf 2.0 (sold)
      04-11-2012 09:29 AM #2
      Bump for an absolutely gorgeous Rado! GLWS man!

Vehicles
      jetta
      04-11-2012 09:35 AM #3
      Minty

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
      My Automotive Photography

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      I don't even really like driving all that much, to be honest. I just like having an obstinate, broken, machine that needs my attention but that also takes me wherever I want to go.

Vehicles
      Corrados for LIFE!
      04-11-2012 10:41 AM #4
      Having sold a 94 Sherry Pearl corrado last summer, I can say that this price is GOOD!!! GLWS!!!

5. 04-12-2012 07:32 PM #5
      I know of only two others... one owned by another guy on Vortex (perhaps it was you?), and another one I saw at a VWOA event in Irvine back in 2003 or so. I don't know exactly how many were made, but it can't be too many.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1992 VW Corrado SLC VR6, 1974 VW 412, 1974 Porsche 914, 1973 Audi 100LS
      04-13-2012 04:15 PM #6
      Have you sold yet? Would love to buy but would need to sell my '92 SLC.

Beautiful car!

Vehicles
      92 Corrado 07 Mercedes e350 04 Touareg
      04-17-2012 05:28 PM #7
      Wow, this is a gem.

Vehicles
      1993 vr6 Corrado, 2000 vr6 Jetta(sold) 1991 g60(sold) 93 BMW 318ti(sold)
      04-18-2012 01:39 AM #8
      beautiful car!! Glws great price too!!
      Wtb: fmic and piping vr6 Corrado specific please PM me
      WTB: Estyles Headers
      My build thread-->The Gift and The Curse
      If you live in PA and own a Corrado click here-> Pennsylvania's Corrado's
      Shop Spoonfed Tuning for your Corrado essentials

Vehicles
      69 Beetle 95 Corrado
      04-18-2012 01:41 PM #9
      E-mail sent but just to make sure, please contact me at vfe_slc@yahoo.com or call me at 760-712-8620. intereted in your corrado, Thanks Cesar

10. 04-20-2012 07:50 PM #10
      ...to a fine new owner. Thanks to all who e-mailed with interest.

Vehicles
      94 VW Corrado SLC, 99 Audi A6 Avant, 89 Porsche 944 - SOLD
      04-21-2012 04:25 AM #11
      Thank you to Kevin for selling me his fine C' I will do my best to take care of it!!!