Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 20/20 swap.

Vehicles
      2002 Volkswagen Golf 4 dr 2.0L
      04-24-2012 11:20 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
      "eBay quality" kits are all the same. Don't expect to pay under 2 large for a well built ready to bolt on turbo kit. eBay turbos almost always have excessive shaft play, and will end up blowing up. Not to mention the entire fueling area. Do you even know what fueling is? You'll need bigger injectors, and a tune, unless you want to blow the motor up. That automatic trans will blow pretty quick, anyway..

Look, kid. I'm actually going to be serious with you.
      Just buy a 1.8T 5 speed swap. Really. Then you have a 180hp starting point instead of 115hp autotragic. It'll be much cheaper than turboing a 2.0. You don't seem to be able to change a battery, let alone install a turbo kit. A shop will screw you when it comes to labor to install a turbo.. For a 1.8T swap I think you need:
      Engine
      Trans
      Harness
      Ecu
      pedals (for standard swap)
      cluster
      axles
      exhaust (the stock 2" system will choke it)
      ...and more I'm sure I'm forgetting..

Please, just save the money and buy a 4 door with a 1.8T already in it. If you have to travel a little, so what? It's worth it. If you plan on daily driving a 2.0T, expect to have some reliability issues.

PS: Have you thought about a Neuspeed SuperCharger? They nearly double the HP to the wheels on low boost. If you can change a serpentine belt, and an intake manifold, you can install the Neuspeed charger. Really. Go that route, and save yourself the cash. A neuspeed kit is around 2500 new, you can find them for around 1500 used. Easy, cheap, reliable power. Especially paired with a bigger exhaust, maybe a 260/256 camshaft. The auto may be able to put up with it for a while, but a 5 speed swap is a much, much better way to go.
      Neuspeed supercharger isnt the way i would like to go. It isnt powerful enough. My car doesnt have a V6 or a V8. Superchargers isnt designed for 4 cyl cars. Superchargers take away power. I dont want to blow 2500 stacks on something that takes my cars hp, and cant beat anything with ya know what i am saying. I wouldn't mind getting a 1.8T. I am concerned about getting one, because most of the 1.8Ts ive seen has over 150K. I dont know if that person changed the timing built or whatever. I also heard that the 1.8Ts will give u hell in the long run, just like VR6s. I barely hear negative things about the 2.0L 8V. Ive always heard positive. "The 2.0L 8V are bullet proof", "They can handel anything you throw at them"," They are invincible". "The 2.0L 8V are the 8th wonder of the world"

Vehicles
      2005 Mk4 Jetta 8v 1966 Mercedes-Benz W110 'Heckflosse'
      04-24-2012 11:29 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by VwBoy2.0L View Post
      Neuspeed supercharger isnt the way i would like to go. It isnt powerful enough. My car doesnt have a V6 or a V8. Superchargers isnt designed for 4 cyl cars. Superchargers take away power. I dont want to blow 2500 stacks on something that takes my cars hp, and cant beat anything with ya know what i am saying. I wouldn't mind getting a 1.8T. I am concerned about getting one, because most of the 1.8Ts ive seen has over 150K. I dont know if that person changed the timing built or whatever. I also heard that the 1.8Ts will give u hell in the long run, just like VR6s. I barely hear negative things about the 2.0L 8V. Ive always heard positive. "The 2.0L 8V are bullet proof", "They can handel anything you throw at them"," They are invincible". "The 2.0L 8V are the 8th wonder of the world"
      That's the trade off though- it's the 8th wonder of the world in reliability because it doesn't go fast.

End of story. You want to go fast? No more bullet proof motor, it's expensive, and you can't be an idiot about engines (unless you have deep pockets). And dumping a bunch of money into a 2.slow is going to get you a slightly faster 2.slow.

I think your options are realistically:

Sell it for a 1.8/VR
      Swap for a 1.8/VR
      Neuspeed Charger (and yeah takes power to make power but you make more power going from < 100whp to ~ 140whp is huge)
      Forget about going fast and build a show car

You've made it clear you don't have deep pockets for a legit, solid, reliable turbo build. For the sake of saving your VW, don't get some cheap Chinese-made plastic turbo kit. You don't go that route for the same reason you wouldn't bungee jump with a nylon rope "just because it's cheaper"
      Last edited by amotion578; 04-24-2012 at 11:34 PM.
      8v Society #270. | Meet Wendy. | Meet Charlotte. | Flickr. | IG: @amotion578

"When I came to, the general back-alley ambiance of the suite was so rotten, so incredibly foul. How long had I been lying there? All these signs of violence."

04-24-2012 11:31 PM #108
      Superchargers take away power?

Vehicles
      04-24-2012 11:34 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by vento86 View Post
      Superchargers take away power?
      It steals it like a fat kid steals candy

"When I came to, the general back-alley ambiance of the suite was so rotten, so incredibly foul. How long had I been lying there? All these signs of violence."

Vehicles
      1996 GTI VRT, 2005.5 Jetta TDI
      04-25-2012 01:44 AM #110
      I enjoy my Neuspeed Charger. Buy it used and it's worth it.

6. 04-25-2012 06:59 AM #111
      Superchargers isnt designed for 4 cyl cars. Superchargers take away power.
      SC's are a parasitic loss to the engine, true, but to say it's not designed for a 4 cylinder is ignorance talking, not knowledge. The NS charger adds about 50% power to your engine. That's not something to sneeze at. Looking at it at a numbers perspective, a stock 2.0 puts down about 95whp/115wtq. By just adding the NS charger alone, it jumps up to 135whp/145wtq. Thats a gain of 40whp/30wtq! Now add bolt-ons to this kit; header, 2.5" exhaust, aggressive cam, bigger injectors/MAF, and a better tune than the NS's, and you gain about 15whp more, but your area under the curve increases substantially. Now add a thicker head gasket, smaller pulley to increase boost pressure, water/meth injection, and some head work.....see where I'm going with this? Yea, its an expensive route to take for not as much power as a turbo, but it's going to be dead reliable power. And for 90% of the people on here, a 2500lb car with an engine making 160-175hp...reliably...it's more than good enough.

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta GT, 1998 GTI 2.0, 2012 GLI, 2012 GTI
      04-25-2012 12:19 PM #112
      Neuspeed supercharger isnt the way i would like to go. It isnt powerful enough. My car doesnt have a V6 or a V8. Superchargers isnt designed for 4 cyl cars. Superchargers take away power. I dont want to blow 2500 stacks on something that takes my cars hp, and cant beat anything with ya know what i am saying. I wouldn't mind getting a 1.8T. I am concerned about getting one, because most of the 1.8Ts ive seen has over 150K. I dont know if that person changed the timing built or whatever.
      ...Really? Look.. You need to understand something. Your car is a 2.0 8v automatic. It isn't fast, it wasn't built to be fast. If you supercharge it, the parasitic loss isn't much at all.
      Just because it's a 4 cylinder doesn't mean it isn't meant to be supercharged. That statement makes no sense. At all.

With 135whp with the stock pulley, you can upgrade to around 10psi with Neuspeed's smaller one. You can buy a 268/260 camshaft, bigger injectors, bigger exhaust, a C2 tune, and put out around 170whp.

Just because you find a 1.8T and you don't know if the timing belt has been changed doesn't mean anything. Like really. Think about that statement for a while. If you're worried about it, change it.. What's the problem? If the timing belt snapped before, and valves are bent, you'll hear it.

All in all, there is no big difference in a Lysolm, a neuspeed kit, or a turbo kit. You're just getting more air into the cylinder for more power. If anything, the superchargers are a better route because they offer so much more power down low.

Vehicles
      Mkvi Gti
      04-27-2012 12:46 AM #113
      Is this guy serious? ...

04-27-2012 01:20 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Rpc07 View Post
      Is this guy serious? ...
      Yep

Vehicles
      Mkvi Gti
      04-27-2012 01:49 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by vento86 View Post
      Yep
      So sad...

Vehicles
      1982 Mercedes Benz 300D, 1984 BMW 318i, 1984 BMW 733i, 1964 Renault Dauphine, 1968 AMC AMX,
      04-27-2012 02:20 AM #116
      For the love of God and everything that is holy, STOP TALKING.
      "Slept in?! It's like, the middle of the night man!! Why were you sleeping in?"

"uhhh, Because i drank three bottles of champagne, and hung out all night with a stray dog under a bridge, ok? it was sweet."

Vehicles
      05-08-2012 11:57 PM #117
      ...Really? Look.. You need to understand something. Your car is a 2.0 8v automatic. It isn't fast, it wasn't built to be fast. If you supercharge it, the parasitic loss isn't much at all.
      Just because it's a 4 cylinder doesn't mean it isn't meant to be supercharged. That statement makes no sense. At all.

With 135whp with the stock pulley, you can upgrade to around 10psi with Neuspeed's smaller one. You can buy a 268/260 camshaft, bigger injectors, bigger exhaust, a C2 tune, and put out around 170whp.

Just because you find a 1.8T and you don't know if the timing belt has been changed doesn't mean anything. Like really. Think about that statement for a while. If you're worried about it, change it.. What's the problem? If the timing belt snapped before, and valves are bent, you'll hear it.

All in all, there is no big difference in a Lysolm, a neuspeed kit, or a turbo kit. You're just getting more air into the cylinder for more power. If anything, the superchargers are a better route because they offer so much more power down low.
      How much actuall hp does that supercharger provides you I might change my mind? Will i be able to add a intercooler for it? I just recently brought me a dual magnaflow muffler. i think the muffire is a 2.25 outlet. Im gonna have to get the 2.25 piping for it. That muffler itself cost me $350 billz. Ima go back for the installation of my catback exhaust. What is the C2 tune. is that the flash? I thought Neuspeed made a flash for the charger? is 170WHP 221HP on an auto tranny with the supercharger?
      Is the supercharger rough on engines more than 180K or more?

Vehicles
      97 Black GLX, RIP 97 White 8vT Jetta Trek
      05-09-2012 12:11 AM #118
      You wasted your money on the muffler.

$150 Vibrant > $300 Magnaflow
      Quote Originally Posted by root beer View Post
      It's Timmy with mmmmMojo, i have returned
      8VALVETURBO - RIP White Jetta

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 12:23 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by AJmustDIE View Post

http://banditexhaust.com/catalog/per...em-p-4966.html

full cat back, $200 more.

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 12:30 AM #120
      This guy is seeking power. I mean I know he'll never actually bite a bullet and do anything with his engine but still. That's something you're not going to get when you combine FI and a run of the mill "catback" exhaust, unless it's MBS.

3" Turboback Ftw.

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 12:41 AM #121
      This guy is seeking power. I mean I know he'll never actually bite a bullet and do anything with his engine but still. That's something you're not going to get when you combine FI and a run of the mill "catback" exhaust, unless it's MBS.

3" Turboback Ftw.
      Yeah, I was just making the comment that he grossly overpaid for just a muffler, considering what you can pay a little more for and get complete.

I even got that exact exhaust from that site for cheaper- it's cheaper in the morning for some reason. $430 (I think it was) and they have free shipping to the continental U.S.

17. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf
      05-09-2012 02:18 AM #122
      J WTF son. See i havent been on this **** in 3 ****in years, and i thought your *** has ****in changed and forgot about me. whats the ****in deal yo u missed me? Well i got good news 4 ya famz I'M BACK SON!!! and Better than ever its the SECOND COMING OF VwBoy2.0L!!!!!! YEEAAHH BUDDY !! 4 yo haten ***. You think i am a ****in multi ****in milionarie where i can just wipe my ****in ***with ****in Franklins u madd wrong kid!!!! Im not gettin rid of my car! so u can go head with that BS!!! Why dont you swapp yo ****y *** 2.0L into a 20V then since u claimin my shyt is a ****in sludge box and cant do anything to it. I am gonna do some **** to it!!!! I want to make sure that i will get the hp i want without no **** ups you know what im saying. Some folks has bills to pay, Car parts are very exorbitant and u have to have the time and money for the damn project. I want a 4 door mk4 golf with a 1.8T and 5 speed tranny but they are rare to find out here in the damn springs. but since i can not ****in find one ima customize my whips engine into the 2.0T 20V. while u still tuning your eight valve with 2.0L software I getting 1.8T software and averaging 5x more HP than ya.

I must ask dirtball, did you graduate high school?
      Come on, don't be shy with your response.

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 02:58 AM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by c3cars View Post
      I must ask dirtball, did you graduate high school?
      Come on, don't be shy with your response.
      Did u?

05-09-2012 02:59 AM #124
      I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 03:01 AM #125
      vento can't read.

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 03:03 AM #126

how the hell did i wast my bread on that magnaflow famz? it was the only one they had. I wanted to get it before anyone else got they hands on it.

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 03:11 AM #127
      [QUOTE=AJmustDIE;77302240]This guy is seeking power. I mean I know he'll never actually bite a bullet and do anything with his engine but still. That's something you're not going to get when you combine FI and a run of the mill "catback" exhaust, unless it's MBS.

3" Turboback Ftw.[/Qis

Is MBS the only exhaust company that makes 3" catbacks? The guy at our exhaust place said that i can get 3" catback for my muffler. He has to widen it

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 03:32 AM #128
      how the hell did i wast my bread on that magnaflow famz? it was the only one they had. I wanted to get it before anyone else got they hands on it.
      Sounds like you got fleeced for a muffler. Oldest trick in the book- "Oh well I have someone else looking at it and they seemed pretty interested..." Considering for not much more than you paid for that muffler, I got a purpose built cat-back system ready to install. Yeah, you got ripped off. 2.25" outlet? That's pretty small, 2.25" inlet sounds about right though.

Is MBS the only exhaust company that makes 3" catbacks? The guy at our exhaust place said that i can get 3" catback for my muffler. He has to widen it
      Nope. 42DD and GHL are the first two that come to mind when I think of a 3" TBE.

You don't want a 3" exhaust on a stock 2.slow. 3" is for FI applications, and you're far from that. Putting a 3" exhaust on your motor now will do nothing but make it near ricer level loud and ricer level slow at the bottom end.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Run a correct size exhaust for your car now if you want the performance/sound, and get a bigger exhaust later if you ever get around to doing FI. Otherwise, you're making it worse.

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 03:54 AM #129
      [QUOTE=amotion578;77303342]Sounds like you got fleeced for a muffler. Oldest trick in the book- "Oh well I have someone else looking at it and they seemed pretty interested..." Considering for not much more than you paid for that muffler, I got a purpose built cat-back system ready to install. Yeah, you got ripped off. 2.25" outlet? That's pretty small, 2.25" inlet sounds about right though.
      I gotta post it on here. How do you post pix from your phone onto here? Well atleast i still have the reciet and box.

Nope. 42DD and GHL are the first two that come to mind when I think of a 3" TBE.

You don't want a 3" exhaust on a stock 2.slow. 3" is for FI applications, and you're far from that. Putting a 3" exhaust on your motor now will do nothing but make it near ricer level loud and ricer level slow at the bottom end.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Run a correct size exhaust for your car now if you want the performance/sound, and get a bigger exhaust later if you ever get around to doing FI. Otherwise, you're making it worse.[/QUOT

The 2.25 is alot bigger than the stock system. So you are telling me that if I would have gotten the Neuspeed Supercharger that ill have to get the 3"?

Vehicles
      80 Rabbit(DEAD), 94 Golf
      05-09-2012 10:10 AM #130
      The 2.25 is alot bigger than the stock system.
      You really have no idea of what you post. Have you measured your stock system? 2.25" is about 57mm, and that is not much bigger than the stock system diameter. At the most it is about 7mm bigger, just over a 1/4".

Please do some research before you post, you might actually get some help with your "build", but then again maybe not, you seem to already know it all and burnt those bridges.
      Tradition is the art of making the same mistake repeatedly, on purpose.

FS:MkI low back front seat upholstery(new)

26. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf
      05-09-2012 12:26 PM #131
      Did u?
      I cannot understand your grammatically incorrect choice of words, that being said, I cannot answer your question.
      Upon further review of your grammatically incorrect posts/comments made on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that you in fact did not graduate high school, but instead gave the GYM coach a BJ in exchange for opting out of the PE class because of your tendency to flatulate while exerting oneself

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta GT, 1998 GTI 2.0, 2012 GLI, 2012 GTI
      05-09-2012 12:30 PM #132
      How much actuall hp does that supercharger provides you I might change my mind? Will i be able to add a intercooler for it? I just recently brought me a dual magnaflow muffler. i think the muffire is a 2.25 outlet. Im gonna have to get the 2.25 piping for it. That muffler itself cost me $350 billz. Ima go back for the installation of my catback exhaust. What is the C2 tune. is that the flash? I thought Neuspeed made a flash for the charger? is 170WHP 221HP on an auto tranny with the supercharger?
      Is the supercharger rough on engines more than 180K or more?
      I don't even know what to say. This kid is.. Well, gifted.

Mods, are you going to do anything about this? It's a waste of space.

28. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf
      05-09-2012 12:45 PM #133
      I don't even know what to say. This kid is.. Well, gifted.

Mods, are you going to do anything about this? It's a waste of space.
      Please leave this thread open. I am in the middle of writing my research paper; I need a good Ha Ha.

Last edited by c3cars; 05-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 02:00 PM #134
      The 2.25 is alot bigger than the stock system.
      Think again. Stock is 2" for all Mk4 models (AFAIK).

So you are telling me that if I would have gotten the Neuspeed Supercharger that ill have to get the 3"?
      I don't know if I'd recommend a 3" for a 'charged 2.slow. I guess it wouldn't hurt if you had supporting mods and a smaller pulley for more boost. 2.5" at least.

Honestly you don't sound like you know what you're doing in the least bit, so my humble opinion to you is to drop all ideas of performance in your 2.slow immediately. Have your muffler shop weld up a 2.25" pipe from your cat, put on the muffler, call it a day. Then, after your transmission fails (because autotragic is tragic) move on to something else, or buy a donor car and pay a shop to swap the motor/trans in for you. Or spend hundreds of hours on the internet doing research on how to swap motors (note: research is not making posts asking people "how do you do an engine swap").

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 02:00 PM #135
      I cannot understand your grammatically incorrect choice of words, that being said, I cannot answer your question.
      Upon further review of your grammatically incorrect posts/comments made on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that you in fact did not graduate high school, but instead gave the GYM coach a BJ in exchange for opting out of the PE class because of your tendency to flatulate while exerting oneself
      Damn who else you been giving BJs too? I dont need to know what you be doin on your spare time ight!!!!!!Buz thats what you do!!

31. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf
      05-09-2012 02:45 PM #136
      Damn who else you been giving BJs too? I dont need to know what you be doin on your spare time ight!!!!!!Buz thats what you do!!

Build your "Whip" and post pictures of the progress.

32. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf
      05-09-2012 03:05 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by amotion578 View Post
      Think again. Stock is 2" for all Mk4 models (AFAIK).

I don't know if I'd recommend a 3" for a 'charged 2.slow. I guess it wouldn't hurt if you had supporting mods and a smaller pulley for more boost. 2.5" at least.

Honestly you don't sound like you know what you're doing in the least bit, so my humble opinion to you is to drop all ideas of performance in your 2.slow immediately. Have your muffler shop weld up a 2.25" pipe from your cat, put on the muffler, call it a day. Then, after your transmission fails (because autotragic is tragic) move on to something else, or buy a donor car and pay a shop to swap the motor/trans in for you. Or spend hundreds of hours on the internet doing research on how to swap motors (note: research is not making posts asking people "how do you do an engine swap").

Well said. I agree!
      Let's toast to this man's knowledge

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 04:45 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by amotion578 View Post
      Yeah, I was just making the comment that he grossly overpaid for just a muffler, considering what you can pay a little more for and get complete.

I even got that exact exhaust from that site for cheaper- it's cheaper in the morning for some reason. $430 (I think it was) and they have free shipping to the continental U.S.
      was it the alluminum one? or the stainless steel? if its the stainless steel you gonna spend over 300 stacks 4 that muffler alone. Imagine how much it is 4 the whole stainless steel catback system. You want good quality and want your **** asap thats the better way to go.

Vehicles
      05-09-2012 04:57 PM #139
      was it the alluminum one? or the stainless steel? if its the stainless steel you gonna spend over 300 stacks 4 that muffler alone. Imagine how much it is 4 the whole stainless steel catback system. You want good quality and want your **** asap thats the better way to go.

All stainless steel. Mandrel-bent piping. Resonator. Shipped for free.

No, admit that you got fleeced hard for that muffler. Whoever you bought it from laughed all the way to the bank.

Oh and- it shipped from Vegas. At my door 48 hours later using UPS ground. I had the same luck when I ordered my Raceland suspension- they're out of Vegas too apparently (or have a shipping warehouse out there).

Well said. I agree!
      Let's toast to this man's knowledge
      Last edited by amotion578; 05-09-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Vehicles
      Scirocco 16v, E34 540i
      05-09-2012 04:57 PM #140
      you gonna spend over 300 stacks 4 that muffler alone.
      A $300,000 muffler? It better make me sammiches.
      The blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad.

Tschüß Gilda
      Hallo Birgit

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast