Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 20/20 swap.

Vehicles
      2005 Mk4 Jetta 8v 1966 Mercedes-Benz W110 'Heckflosse'
      05-09-2012 04:59 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by CodeMan View Post
      A $300,000 muffler? It better pleasure me with the sensation of a thousand blowjobs.
      Fixed it for you.
      8v Society #270. | Meet Wendy. | Meet Charlotte. | Flickr. | IG: @amotion578

"When I came to, the general back-alley ambiance of the suite was so rotten, so incredibly foul. How long had I been lying there? All these signs of violence."

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta GT, 1998 GTI 2.0, 2012 GLI, 2012 GTI
      05-09-2012 08:57 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by VwBoy2.0L View Post
      How much actuall hp does that supercharger provides you I might change my mind? Will i be able to add a intercooler for it? I just recently brought me a dual magnaflow muffler. i think the muffire is a 2.25 outlet. Im gonna have to get the 2.25 piping for it. That muffler itself cost me $350 billz. Ima go back for the installation of my catback exhaust. What is the C2 tune. is that the flash? I thought Neuspeed made a flash for the charger? is 170WHP 221HP on an auto tranny with the supercharger?
      Is the supercharger rough on engines more than 180K or more?
      Look, bud. I can't put this simpler. You won't even NOTICE the parasitic drain from the supercharger. If you buy a Neuspeed kit and keep it at recommended boost levels, you don't NEED an intercooler, you'll be fine without one.

Return that muffler asap. 2.25" piping is too small for a FI 2.0, and you got ripped off for that muffler. bad. A 2.5" magnaflow system is 500. A 60mm (2.4") Neuspeed system is 500. A MBS 2.5" system is 500. All stainless steel.

C2's tune is exactly what it's called. It's a tune by a company named C2. It's a reflash for MK4's. You'll need to use their 30 or 42#/hr injectors, and their MAF, but other than that you're good to go and it's better than Neuspeed's tune.

Neuspeed DOES make a tune for their S/Cer, but the C2 tune is much better.

WHP is tough to guess. I'd say about 220hp will be around 170whp.. Maybe. Not too sure, I'm tired and remembering drive-train loss isn't my forte.

Just because you have high miles doesn't mean squat. My friend has a 95 GTI 2.0 turbo with 245k on it.
      With 180k, you should be fine with low boost on the Neuspeed S/C kit.

Will an automatic hold up? No. It'll be obliterated. It won't release boost pressure during shifts, so theoretically you might be faster, but maybe for a day. You'll need a 5 speed swap for any FI upgrade on your car.

That is as simple as I can make it, bud.. Check out the thread in my sig for more information about your motor, maybe it'll help you out.

Vehicles
      2002 Volkswagen Golf 4 dr 2.0L
      05-09-2012 11:53 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
      Look, bud. I can't put this simpler. You won't even NOTICE the parasitic drain from the supercharger. If you buy a Neuspeed kit and keep it at recommended boost levels, you don't NEED an intercooler, you'll be fine without one.

Return that muffler asap. 2.25" piping is too small for a FI 2.0, and you got ripped off for that muffler. bad. A 2.5" magnaflow system is 500. A 60mm (2.4") Neuspeed system is 500. A MBS 2.5" system is 500. All stainless steel.

C2's tune is exactly what it's called. It's a tune by a company named C2. It's a reflash for MK4's. You'll need to use their 30 or 42#/hr injectors, and their MAF, but other than that you're good to go and it's better than Neuspeed's tune.

Neuspeed DOES make a tune for their S/Cer, but the C2 tune is much better.

WHP is tough to guess. I'd say about 220hp will be around 170whp.. Maybe. Not too sure, I'm tired and remembering drive-train loss isn't my forte.

Just because you have high miles doesn't mean squat. My friend has a 95 GTI 2.0 turbo with 245k on it.
      With 180k, you should be fine with low boost on the Neuspeed S/C kit.

Will an automatic hold up? No. It'll be obliterated. It won't release boost pressure during shifts, so theoretically you might be faster, but maybe for a day. You'll need a 5 speed swap for any FI upgrade on your car.

That is as simple as I can make it, bud.. Check out the thread in my sig for more information about your motor, maybe it'll help you out.
      I finally found a Golf Mk4 4dr 1.8T hatch that i wanted. I am soo ****** elated, it has a 5 speed manual, moon roof, and 150K. Im linda skeptical about it but it is the only 1.8T i was lookin for!!! the price is 4995 stacks. But the ****** up part is that it is in ****** FL it has a front bumber license plate holder. If i get it i'm going to take it off so i can put my german license plate on my front bumper

Vehicles
      97 Black GLX, RIP 97 White 8vT Jetta Trek
      05-09-2012 11:59 PM #144
      You just over trolled. We now know!
      Quote Originally Posted by root beer View Post
      It's Timmy with mmmmMojo, i have returned
      8VALVETURBO - RIP White Jetta

5. Member
      Vehicles
      92 Jetta GLI 1.6TD Ripper (VNT20 Turbo), 86 GTI (Wolfsburg Golf), 86 Audi Coupe GT
      05-10-2012 12:12 AM #145
      I finally found a Golf Mk4 4dr 1.8T hatch that i wanted. I am soo ****** elated, it has a 5 speed manual, moon roof, and 150K. Im linda skeptical about it but it is the only 1.8T i was lookin for!!! the price is 4995 stacks. But the ****** up part is that it is in ****** FL it has a front bumber license plate holder. If i get it i'm going to take it off so i can put my german license plate on my front bumper
      didnt know Golfs came in any other style, besides hatchback...

i believe the Golf sedans were called JETTAs, but i could be COMPLETELY WRONG..

and why do you talk soo ghetto? whenever i read one of your posts, i feel like im in south-central LA, listening to a group of wanna-be gangsters talk about STUPID SH*T..

or are you just trying to sound like a COMPLETE IDIOT when you speak?

6. 05-10-2012 02:19 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by Glegor View Post

and why do you talk soo ghetto? whenever i read one of your posts, i feel like im in south-central LA, listening to a group of wanna-be gangsters talk about STUPID SH*T..

Agreed. This guy seems stupider than a rock.

Vehicles
      05-10-2012 03:29 PM #147

Mann i told you it is my Brooklyn slang. I cant do **** about it!!! its how i was brought up b. In south Central LA they dont say son they mainly say gotta catch a fade. Thats the west coast slang. so dont get it twisted.
      you are completely wrong because the only time a Golf and a Jetta will be the same car is if the Golf ****** the Jetta and gave birth to a JTI. If it has a Jetta front and rear hatch its a girl. If it has the Golf front and truck it is a male. 2 door or 4 door

Vehicles
      05-10-2012 03:30 PM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by Beniamin View Post
      Agreed. This guy seems stupider than a rock.
      well atleast im solid

Vehicles
      05-10-2012 06:03 PM #149
      Is a "bill" 100 dollars? That's what I was taught. I also thought a "stack" is 1,000 dollars.

This thread is just.. fail. Full of it. Why aren't the mods doing something about this?

If you really want a Golf 1.8T, go buy one and go to the MK4 forum. You'll fit in there. This "Build" is never happening.

Vehicles
      05-10-2012 07:56 PM #150
      Is a "bill" 100 dollars? That's what I was taught. I also thought a "stack" is 1,000 dollars.

This thread is just.. fail. Full of it. Why aren't the mods doing something about this?

If you really want a Golf 1.8T, go buy one and go to the MK4 forum. You'll fit in there. This "Build" is never happening.
      never say never

11. Member
      Vehicles
      92 Jetta GLI 1.6TD Ripper (VNT20 Turbo), 86 GTI (Wolfsburg Golf), 86 Audi Coupe GT
      05-10-2012 08:29 PM #151

you are completely wrong because the only time a Golf and a Jetta will be the same car is if the Golf ****** the Jetta and gave birth to a JTI. If it has a Jetta front and rear hatch its a girl. If it has the Golf front and truck it is a male. 2 door or 4 door
      dude, anywhere in my post did i say that they were the SAME CAR? open your RETARDED EYES and read what is being typed. dont read the first 3 words i wrote, and ignore the rest of the post, and base your response on context..

you sir, are DUMBER than a rock..

and you are probably WHITE too? because you try and talk like a wanna-be gangster.. dont try and be black, its not cool dude.

i was simply stating that you CAN NOT get a golf in any other body style, besides a HATCH BACK!

and im simply saying that you CAN NOT get a jetta in any other body style besides a SEDAN

(unless you are talking about a Jetta SportWagen, but were NOT talking about those)

this thread is soo full of fail.. this is FAR BETTER than any troll thread ive EVER seen on Vortex..

just goes to show you that the moderators/admins DO NOT pay attention to the forums any more..

12. Member
      Vehicles
      05-10-2012 08:31 PM #152
      and by no means, was any of my post (even the reference to black and white) was no way at all meant to be taken seriously..

it was merely a comparison.. nobody get all worked up because i said BLACK.

Vehicles
      05-10-2012 08:50 PM #153
      and by no means, was any of my post (even the reference to black and white) was no way at all meant to be taken seriously..

YOU SAID BLACK!

To the OP - what exactly to you plan on doing with this "build"? You say you don't have money, yet you spend 350 dollars on a freaking MUFFLER! You can get the exact same sound with a universal magnaflow muffler for 70 dollars. A whole exhaust kit for under 500. If you're really getting this 1.8T, PLEASE go to the MK4 forum. If you REALLY want to build a 2.0 - I've given you all of the information you need. Glegor, 911_fan, and I are all pretty good people to ask for advice for 2 liters. Maybe I'm the most patient, though.

14. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf
      05-11-2012 02:03 AM #154

and you are probably WHITE too? because you try and talk like a wanna-be gangster.. dont try and be black, its not cool dude.
      He is African American.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf
      05-11-2012 02:06 AM #155
      YOU SAID BLACK!

To the OP - what exactly to you plan on doing with this "build"? You say you don't have money, yet you spend 350 dollars on a freaking MUFFLER! You can get the exact same sound with a universal magnaflow muffler for 70 dollars. A whole exhaust kit for under 500. If you're really getting this 1.8T, PLEASE go to the MK4 forum. If you REALLY want to build a 2.0 - I've given you all of the information you need. Glegor, 911_fan, and I are all pretty good people to ask for advice for 2 liters. Maybe I'm the most patient, though.
      Your a good guy

Vehicles
      turbo wagon
      05-11-2012 03:28 AM #156
      Why aren't the mods doing something about this?
      mods? 2.0 forum? hehe

Please don't ever let this thread disappear! I love coming back to it

son
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I read this in Samuel L. Jackson's voice to make it more interesting. That's all I got.
      2005 VW Passat Wagon 1.8T 4Motion 5M/T [Current]
      2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Q/MT [Sold]
      2000 VW Golf 2.0 [Sold]

05-11-2012 03:30 AM #157
      Any person who says "jolf" or "jti" should be shot on site.

Kid, give up.. Seriously. Every post you make gets bashed because of your poor decision making and your lack of research skills. So please, do us and yourself a favor, And stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      97 Black GLX, RIP 97 White 8vT Jetta Trek
      05-11-2012 04:21 AM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by vento86 View Post
      Any person who says "jolf" or "jti" should be shot on site.
      Don't forget Getta! Or Golf Hatch..........

Also.. Sig'd!
      Quote Originally Posted by root beer View Post
      It's Timmy with mmmmMojo, i have returned
      8VALVETURBO - RIP White Jetta

05-11-2012 04:22 AM #159

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 04:46 PM #160
      YOU SAID BLACK!

I took my muffire back earlier today. Ima just get that 3 in magnaflow exhaust. I got my bread back so i'm gucci famz.

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 04:59 PM #161

So why the hell did it even bring it up? it doesnt have anything to do with race!! Out here i see alot of whites trying to be black and alot of blacks trying to be white all the ****** time.

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 05:10 PM #162

Look at Emnenem, lil whyt, and Paul Wall. They are white rappers!! They have some slang when they talk. Emnenem raps about how he hates his mother all the time, and one of the best rap battlers. Lil whyt raps about ****** people up in the mosh pit. Paul Wall Raps about grillz and drinking on dat purple lean, and owns a jewlrey store that sales grills, and custom jewlrey!!!!

So not all blacks are what you think they are,and not all whites are what you think they are. We are all gods children. Only god can judge us!!!!!

23. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf
      05-11-2012 05:18 PM #163
      Look at Emnenem, lil whyt, and Paul Wall. They are white rappers!! They have some slang when they talk. Emnenem raps about how he hates his mother all the time, and one of the best rap battlers. Lil whyt raps about ****** people up in the mosh pit. Paul Wall Raps about grillz and drinking on dat purple lean, and owns a jewlrey store that sales grills, and custom jewlrey!!!!

So not all blacks are what you think they are,and not all whites are what you think they are. We are all gods children. Only god can judge us!!!!!

Amen!

Vehicles
      02 vw golf, 88 Toyota Hilux, 93 4runner(sold), 97 VR jetta(sold)
      05-11-2012 06:32 PM #164

Please just log off vortex and never come back... your threads are some of the worst I have ever come across and you are an embarrassment to our whole community

05-11-2012 06:40 PM #165
      This the 2.0 forum, not a race war.

Vehicles
      02 vw golf, 88 Toyota Hilux, 93 4runner(sold), 97 VR jetta(sold)
      05-11-2012 06:44 PM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by vento86 View Post
      This the 2.0 forum, not a race war.

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 07:25 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by 02vwgolf View Post
      Please just log off vortex and never come back... your threads are some of the worst I have ever come across and you are an embarrassment to our whole community
      no u are the embarrassment of this whole community... You get all frustrated when a ************ like me ask for some tips on what to do with they're car. i like German engineering. I will not drive anything that isnt German!!!! like i posted before. VwBoy2.0L is back!!!!!! I have my opinions and my dicisions in life! I told you that took my muffler back because i am tryin to get that Magnaflow 3 in catback exhaust. What is this the ****** Lion king? "Run Away Scar And Never Return"

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 09:08 PM #168
      i like German engineering. I will not drive anything that isnt German!!!! like i posted before. VwBoy2.0L is back!!!!!! I told you that took my muffler back because i am tryin to get that Magnaflow 3 in catback exhaust.
      Magnaflow makes a 3" system? I don't think so.

Go to MandrelBendingSolutions.com and get a MK4 2.0 exhaust kit. Mandrel bent 3" systems from like 400/500 dollars. They delete the cat, too. The muffler that comes with them is just a generic one. You can buy a universal magnaflow muffler (look at the system to see if it's center/center or center/offset) for 70 dollars @ summitracing.com, and they have free shipping for this sale.

If you want to make power, the cheapest way to go is the Neuspeed charger. I've already talked about it to you. They can be had for around 1500 dollars. Very easy install (changing an intake manifold, basically).

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 12:47 AM #169
      Magnaflow makes a 3" system? I don't think so.

Go to MandrelBendingSolutions.com and get a MK4 2.0 exhaust kit. Mandrel bent 3" systems from like 400/500 dollars. They delete the cat, too. The muffler that comes with them is just a generic one. You can buy a universal magnaflow muffler (look at the system to see if it's center/center or center/offset) for 70 dollars @ summitracing.com, and they have free shipping for this sale.

If you want to make power, the cheapest way to go is the Neuspeed charger. I've already talked about it to you. They can be had for around 1500 dollars. Very easy install (changing an intake manifold, basically).
      http://store.42draftdesigns.com/VW-M...ck_p_191.html#.

Vehicles
      80 Rabbit(DEAD), 94 Golf
      05-12-2012 11:01 AM #170
      A 3" exhaust on an NA 2.0 automatic??? Good luck with that..
      Tradition is the art of making the same mistake repeatedly, on purpose.

FS:MkI low back front seat upholstery(new)

31. Member
      Vehicles
      05-12-2012 01:39 PM #171
      Race war!!!!!!

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 02:54 PM #172
      Quote Originally Posted by ps2375 View Post
      A 3" exhaust on an NA 2.0 automatic??? Good luck with that..
      that way it can be forced induction ready. For Neuspeed supercharger or Kinetic Stage 1 or 2 snail kit.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      05-12-2012 03:14 PM #173
      that way it can be forced induction ready. For Neuspeed supercharger or Kinetic Stage 1 or 2 snail kit.
      but its going to absolutely suck ass until then..

and then your only gonna be able to make good use of that 3" pipe for about 6.5 hours before your trans blows up..

AUTOS SUCK

DONT MOD YOUR CAR WITHOUT FIRST DOING A 5 SPEED SWAP!!!

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 09:15 PM #174
      Don't bother putting the exhaust UNTIL you put the turbo/supercharger on. 3" exhaust on a stock aba is WAY too big.

If you want the Neuspeed charger, the whole build including a 5 speed swap would be about 1500+500+1000.
      For the turbo, it'd be 3000+1000+500

Give or take, and of course this is no labor.

Vehicles
      80 Rabbit(DEAD), 94 Golf
      05-12-2012 11:47 PM #175
      I must once again unsubscribe this thread, 5 pgs of this nonsense is too much to handle.
      Tradition is the art of making the same mistake repeatedly, on purpose.

FS:MkI low back front seat upholstery(new)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast