Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 36 to 48 of 48

    Thread: Diet for an extremely picky eater?

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2006
      Posts
      3,250
      Vehicles
      2006 GTO, 1998 Saturn SC2
      04-14-2012 02:20 PM #36
      This might be the first time I've ever agreed with Saintor, at least partially. Sure you should only ever eat beef from a cow you raised yourself, feeding imported grass and holy water, but the reality is that you eat a variety of food from a variety of places. I'd like to see you visit your in-laws and not eat their lowly Walmart ground beef, or refuse to stop in and eat at Taco Bell when you drive with them to the beach.

    2. 04-15-2012 09:02 AM #37
      Nice straw man argument. There is a big difference between occasionally eating something due to a social circumstance and doing all of your grocery shopping at a place that doesn't sell quality food.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2006
      Posts
      3,250
      Vehicles
      2006 GTO, 1998 Saturn SC2
      04-15-2012 09:25 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by spoolin215 View Post


      If you eat grain fed beef you might as well off yourself now.
      I'm pretty sure you're the one who first made crazy statements

    4. 04-15-2012 06:10 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Techun View Post
      I'm pretty sure you're the one who first made crazy statements
      Ever heard of sarcasm? And if you think that eating processed foods, foods produced with chemicals and antibiotics, and made with preservatives aren't bad for you, you're just delusional. But I'm sure you'll be shocked in 15 years when you find out you have cancer.

    5. 04-15-2012 09:06 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by spoolin215 View Post
      Ever heard of sarcasm? And if you think that eating processed foods, foods produced with chemicals and antibiotics, and made with preservatives aren't bad for you, you're just delusional. But I'm sure you'll be shocked in 15 years when you find out you have cancer.
      That is alarming and crazy beliefs.

      Here is a clue for you; people never got older and healthier than now. Cancer death rates is going *down*.

      2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers

    6. 04-15-2012 09:16 PM #41
      Yeah because Cancer treatment hasn't evolved at all.

      How about number of cancer patients? Is that going down? Diabetes? high blood pressure? Obesity? Heart disease?

      You're a hack. Stop posting.

    7. 04-15-2012 09:32 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by spoolin215 View Post
      Yeah because Cancer treatment hasn't evolved at all.

      How about number of cancer patients? Is that going down? Diabetes? high blood pressure? Obesity? Heart disease?
      All those trends are related to eating too much / not burning enough (not mentioning tobacco) and to the fact that there are systematically more sickness when people get older. Zero proof of "non-quality" food causing sickness Z-E-R-O. Just crazy beliefs from your part.
      Last edited by Saintor; 04-15-2012 at 09:36 PM.
      2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers


    8. 04-15-2012 09:51 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
      All those trends are related to eating too much / not burning enough (not mentioning tobacco) and to the fact that there are systematically more sickness when people get older. Zero proof of "non-quality" food causing sickness Z-E-R-O. Just crazy beliefs from your part.
      You get sick when you get older? I thought people were living longer and healthier than ever before? That's what you just said a few posts ago. I didn't know cancer was caused by eating to much by the way. That's a new one. I also enjoyed the part where you completely ignored the fact that cancer treatment has involved hence why less people die from it.

      Also these are not "crazy beliefs on my part." Are you really trying to say that eating meat processed with antibiotics and chemicals isn't detrimental? A lot of these practices haven't been around long enough for us to understand the full impact of the long term implications. It's not a stretch to imagine that these things could be potentially dangerous, and if you were even slightly involved in the health and fitness world you would know that I'm far from the only fitness professional with these concerns.

      But then again I just wasted 3 minutes of my life trying to argue with a guy that tells people trying to get into better shape to eat McDonald's cheeseburgers.


    9. 04-17-2012 08:53 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by spoolin215 View Post
      You get sick when you get older? I thought people were living longer and healthier than ever before? That's what you just said a few posts ago. I didn't know cancer was caused by eating to much by the way. That's a new one. I also enjoyed the part where you completely ignored the fact that cancer treatment has involved hence why less people die from it.

      Also these are not "crazy beliefs on my part." Are you really trying to say that eating meat processed with antibiotics and chemicals isn't detrimental? A lot of these practices haven't been around long enough for us to understand the full impact of the long term implications. It's not a stretch to imagine that these things could be potentially dangerous, and if you were even slightly involved in the health and fitness world you would know that I'm far from the only fitness professional with these concerns.

      But then again I just wasted 3 minutes of my life trying to argue with a guy that tells people trying to get into better shape to eat McDonald's cheeseburgers.
      That's just plain dishonest.... I wrote "there are systematically more sickness when people get older". Not surprised that if you understand that part, you don't get the rest right.

      The only REAL problem with fast food is that people tend to eat too much at once of it. Otherwise, part of nutrition with various groups of food, there is no other problem except the ones that you create between your two ears.
      2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers

    10. 04-17-2012 09:46 PM #47
      You're right Saintor, eating "chicken" that's been sent through a centrifuge then loaded with ammonia and dyed is healthy.

    11. 04-18-2012 08:22 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by miscbrah View Post
      You're right Saintor, eating "chicken" that's been sent through a centrifuge then loaded with ammonia and dyed is healthy.


      Mmmm, McNuggets.... I can't stop eating them.


      You do realize that water is fluorated and was never of a better quality before? What you said is meaningless unless you prove the REAL consequences.
      Last edited by Saintor; 04-20-2012 at 08:14 PM.
      2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •