Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: WTB Mk1 or 2 daily driver. Cash in Hand!

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1990 Jetta GLi
      04-11-2012 12:05 PM #1
      As the title states, I need a clean daily driver mk1 or mk2 jetta/golf. Under $3000. Car is to become a project for my young son and I to build together. However, it will also be my daily driver (I am selling my 07 Civic Si). Needs to be solid!!! And I need one fairly soon. I've been searching for months and everytime I see a great deal its already snatched up. Must be CA smog legal if outside of CA.
      Lance
      530-205-8994

Vehicles
      96 b4wag 95 vrgti 79 rabbit
      04-12-2012 01:25 AM #2
      I have one that will be for sale in the near future as long as i find a replacement for it. I agree with you on them getting snatched up, this past weekend I had called on 3 different cars in my price range only to find out they sold already within a day of being posted.

anyways a little about my car its a 1992 jetta carat black with around 235K on it, i do drive it daily and have kept up with all the maintenance stuff. I did pull the head off of it at about 230k to do valve seals and clean everything up, also replaced timing belt at the same time. it has power windows and the blue/grey sport seats out of a gti. just a good runner at the moment but i would really like to get something a bit newer, so let me know if you are interested.
      thanks
      ben

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1990 Jetta GLi
      04-23-2012 11:19 AM #3
      Thanks to all for your help. I've purchased a 90 GLi with a new motor and a bunch of Neuspeed suspension goodies.