Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best replica company?

Vehicles
      cheby
      04-12-2012 05:22 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by mk41.8gti View Post
      Yea I know that I'm gonna need a new rebar, or at least modify the one I have. But I've seen more positive feedback than negative from this posts and PMs. I'm gonna take my chances and hope I get a good bumper. Thanks for sharing your experience with them though. It will probably help someone else make their decision.
      you were going to get one anyway regardless of the comments to this thread were

2. 04-12-2012 07:20 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by SoIAteAPancakeToday View Post
      you were going to get one anyway regardless of the comments to this thread were
      Oh really? Lol Why would I post this thread then?

3. Member
      Vehicles
      03 Jetta 1.8t Wolf
      04-12-2012 07:59 PM #28
      I say it's your money and do what you want with it. I need to wet sand my bumper below to get it as shiny and as dark as the rest of the car, but this is what you get from optikwerks. And hopefully you are not shy with body work.... The worst fitting piece of fibre glass ever. There was a spot next to the passenger light that the people f***** up cutting and I had to re fibre glass and body fill over it. Also the piece under the headlight and under the hood where it meets up was very bad. About half an inch of gap. So I had to body fill it enough to cover it and make it match up properly... Also where matches up the the wheel well was pretty bad so I had to body fill it so it was similar looking to the fender... So in final get it if you want to do a lot of work.

For me I had fun taking a few weeks to shave, sand and putty the bumper to make it fit. It was relaxing and to see te finished product wasn't total crap was icing on the cake. Just need to get the bumper shiny and il be done.

Total work needed: 10/10

Vehicles
      Its a ninefoot car.
      04-13-2012 08:31 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by mk41.8gti View Post
      Yea I know that I'm gonna need a new rebar, or at least modify the one I have. But I've seen more positive feedback than negative from this posts and PMs. I'm gonna take my chances and hope I get a good bumper. Thanks for sharing your experience with them though. It will probably help someone else make their decision.
      You havent researched enough yet then. Or you believe that you will be the one case out of hundreds here that have been there and done that, and know exactly how this will all go down in the end. You'll hate everything about it and be ready to toss that shiz in the trash. How about this, instead of buying one from them ill sell you mine for 1/5th the price and you pay shipping so I can get the damn things out of my garage.
      Instagram: @NINEFOOTERS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12