VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars & Coffee - Great Falls, VA Edition

1. Global Moderator David@vwvortex's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '04 R32/83 Rabbit GTI/13.5 Jetta GLI
      09-26-2012 11:41 AM #491
      Hmmm I think I know who you're talking about.

My concern is that after the 458 incident on the Beltway, FFX's "finest" are going to start poking their noses around more. They were there last Sat. talking w/some of the farmer's market people. I've heard more and more people wheeling it out of there of late which really ticks people off. Also, the Salon owner and other shop owners have had it w/the parking situation and are now doing the whole cones AND chains in front of "their" parking places. Honestly don't know how much longer this thing will be able to keep going, but I'm hoping that the douchenozzles stop coming out and attempting to ruin it for everyone.

BTW last weekend's turnout was NUTS. There were some AWESOME cars there... the newer stuff got pushed to the other lots which was nice to see.

09-26-2012 02:05 PM #492
      Quote Originally Posted by David@vwvortex View Post
      Hmmm I think I know who you're talking about.

My concern is that after the 458 incident on the Beltway, FFX's "finest" are going to start poking their noses around more. They were there last Sat. talking w/some of the farmer's market people. I've heard more and more people wheeling it out of there of late which really ticks people off. Also, the Salon owner and other shop owners have had it w/the parking situation and are now doing the whole cones AND chains in front of "their" parking places. Honestly don't know how much longer this thing will be able to keep going, but I'm hoping that the douchenozzles stop coming out and attempting to ruin it for everyone.

BTW last weekend's turnout was NUTS. There were some AWESOME cars there... the newer stuff got pushed to the other lots which was nice to see.
      Yes... unfortunately all good things come to an end some time. I feel that time is in the near future for this event, at least at it's current location - there just isn't enough space to support the popularity that it has gained.

Jackasses like the one that I mentioned are only serving to speed up that timetable.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      69 LeMans conv; 12 BMW 328i; 12 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
      09-26-2012 02:12 PM #493
      A couple of friends and I went last year ('69 LeMans conv, '69 Camaro, '73 Vette), and while it wasn't over-the-top crowded, there were some nice cars that got bumped out of the lot for some newer, less unique autos.

Sorry to see that it's getting too big for its own good. We've been thinking about going back, but the post of late have pretty much changed our minds. That's a shame, too, as it's a beautiful early morning drive from Alexandria.

Vehicles
      a van
      09-26-2012 02:41 PM #494
      Quote Originally Posted by SVTDanny View Post
      Yes... unfortunately all good things come to an end some time. I feel that time is in the near future for this event, at least at it's current location - there just isn't enough space to support the popularity that it has gained.

Jackasses like the one that I mentioned are only serving to speed up that timetable.
      definitely not enough space, though, people don't realize there is ample parking on the other side of the village. but that's part of the charm, trying to pack a billion cars into a small area.

i'm hoping the cooler weather and waning daylight hours will drive off some of the wannabes as fall and winter approach.

and of course we dramatize things here on the boards. don't be turned off by the occasional idiot, there's still a lot of good people at this thing.
      Last edited by evosky; 09-26-2012 at 02:43 PM.
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      09-26-2012 03:39 PM #495
      I wouldn't write off this C&C just yet, although I agree that it's gotten really huge. On the upside - it'll soon be winter and that should thin the douchenozzles out considerably (to those who didn't know, the show goes on year round and there have always been people there provided the weather is clear).
      2008 VW Jetta SE 2.5 [current]
      1995 VW Jetta GLX VR6 [07.2003 - 03.2012]

Vehicles
      NB Miata, تويوتا تاكوما
      09-26-2012 03:50 PM #496
      Katies' website used to say apr-oct... never bothered to drive up in wintertime.

I haven't gone at all this year, last year it was easy to find non-show parking in the area. But if it's getting too crowded I could see more people going to Fair Oaks and that huge lot instead. It can't feel as special, though. You really feel like a 1%er walking around Great Falls between Ferraris.
      Splinter - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      I don't practice llanteria

7. Global Moderator David@vwvortex's Avatar
      Vehicles
      09-26-2012 04:01 PM #497
      Don't get me wrong. I don't thnk it will be ending soon at least, but if we get anymore stunts like the 458 idiot that wrecked and they keep tracing it back to C&C there are going to be some limits placed on there. The first time they roll through and bust people for no front tags I will be out of there.

It's all the damn "new" money freaks that show up that tick me off. It's not about being seen at this show, it's about seeing and talking to other car geeks. That's what gets me when the showboaters do stupid things.

Vehicles
      '14 Honda Odyssey
      09-26-2012 04:19 PM #498
      Quote Originally Posted by SVTDanny View Post
      To anyone that will be attending Cars & Coffee this weekend, or in the coming weeks:

There is a newer Mustang that I believe attends this event regularly. It's a black 5.0 with the license plate "AD1DAS." At the July 29th C&C, I watched him exit the lot in a very dangerous manner - nearly hitting a child while he was showboating his way out. Just this past Sunday, I watched the same car fly out of the Fair Lakes Kohls C&C at wide open throttle, right through the crosswalk that everyone uses to go over to Starbucks. I have also witnessed and heard several stories of him driving very aggressively and dangerously on public roads. This is not the sort of image that we want associated with the Cars and Coffee events.
      Quote Originally Posted by Night Train EX
      I've seen this guy at Katie's before. He waits until the lot is full of people, then exits through the main row of cars / people revving his car and doing these quick clutch drops the entire time while making sure everyone sees his mega-cool drop-in HIDs in reflector housings.

EDIT: You must have been at C&C at the same time as me Danny. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed his stupidity. Here's my post in this thread from the 30th of July where I basically said the exact same thing as above .
      I used to live near that guy. He would drive through the neighborhood like that at all times of the day and night; didn't matter if there were kids around, people walking in the parking lot, etc. He has a blue Jeep Commander that he also drives in equally-douchey fashion.

Vehicles
      NB Miata, تويوتا تاكوما
      09-26-2012 05:03 PM #499
      Quote Originally Posted by mhjett View Post
      Not sure how the cops will give you a no-front-plate ticket while your car is parked on private property.
      Park at the exit and boop you as you leave.
      Splinter - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      I don't practice llanteria

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      09-26-2012 05:09 PM #500
      Quote Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
      Park at the exit and boop you as you leave.
      Ninja edit I deleted my post, because I think if a landowner gives VA copes permission to enter, they can roam around to enforce license requirements (VA Code 46.2-102).

That said, I've seen plenty of cops wandering around the show in the past (mostly they seem to be checking out the cars) and have never heard of them handing out plate tickets.

Vehicles
      a van
      09-26-2012 05:21 PM #501
      Ninja edit I deleted my post, because I think if a landowner gives VA copes permission to enter, they can roam around to enforce license requirements (VA Code 46.2-102).

That said, I've seen plenty of cops wandering around the show in the past (mostly they seem to be checking out the cars) and have never heard of them handing out plate tickets.
      this past weekend that one cop did get out and started writing a ticket for the old porsche that was parked in front of the front fire hydrant. not sure what became of that, though the owner did move it afterwards. anyone know? cop didn't even ask people if someone knew whose it was, just started writing the ticket up.
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

Vehicles
      a van
      09-27-2012 02:13 PM #502
      Quote Originally Posted by SMG View Post
      I used to live near that guy. He would drive through the neighborhood like that at all times of the day and night; didn't matter if there were kids around, people walking in the parking lot, etc. He has a blue Jeep Commander that he also drives in equally-douchey fashion.
      found him

http://www.northernvirginiamustangcl...ad.php?t=14397

09-27-2012 02:46 PM #503
      Some 15 year old totally turned in front of me without stopping and I hit her in that same parking lot, and the officer said he wasn't allowed to issue her a ticket because its private property. I suppose the fire hydrant is an exception as it is a safety issue.

14. 09-27-2012 02:51 PM #504
      Quote Originally Posted by evosky View Post
      Yep that's the car. 430RWHP with those mods LOL
      Last edited by NightTrain EX; 09-27-2012 at 03:04 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
      I'm naming my next child NightTrain EX.
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW View Post
      You're a pretty cool dude.

09-27-2012 03:28 PM #505
      Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain EX View Post
      Yep that's the car. 430RWHP with those mods LOL
      Obvious you dont keep up with the coyote. Guys are dyno'ing 380-390whp stock. With a intake manifold, exhaust, intake, tune... 430whp is very real.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta SE
      09-27-2012 03:42 PM #506
      can someone make an account there and tell him to stop driving like a douche

09-27-2012 03:50 PM #507
      this was posted before. i had a good shot too but its on my computer at home of the state trooper on his knees taking some cool pics with his DSLR

maybe he will show up again and we can tip him off

18. Global Moderator David@vwvortex's Avatar
      Vehicles
      09-27-2012 04:39 PM #508
      Trust me.. mustang dude isn't the only one I'd like to see getting written up... Yellow 993 douchnozzle is at the top of my list after practically running me off the road on G-town Pike... !!@!@!@#@##$#@@!!

Glad that dope hasn't shown his face around lately.

09-28-2012 09:42 AM #509
      I have already reported him to the president of that club. He was very adamant about putting an end to this guy's driving habits and took it very seriously. This popped up a few days later:

http://www.northernvirginiamustangcl...ad.php?t=15427

You'll notice that our "suspect" is the only one that reponds making light of the situation, and just comes off looking like a jackass.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      1973 Porsche 911T, 1993 VW Corrado VR6, 2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup
      09-28-2012 09:56 AM #510
      Well done, SVTDanny... thank you. With the number of people, kids and pets and this event, there is absolutely NO room for error.

Vehicles
      '13 Abarth
      09-28-2012 02:16 PM #511
      some pics, didn't take too many today.

DSC_7095
      Hey, that's me in front! Thanks for taking the pic. Seeing some of the cool cars there really make it worth going and love how almost everyone is so nice and love talking about their cars. As a new car owner when I go I try to park to the side...i'm sure nobody really wants to see a Fiat.

Hey David@vortex...it's Andy. Probably don't remember me but think back to your green Jetta GLX days and the old toilet bowl GTG's. I had the lowered black Jetta GLX with the GTI front & GTI rims. I miss that car. Knowing you go to these I'll keep an eye out for you.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI & 2013 Audi Q5
      10-06-2012 02:08 PM #512
      Some pics from this morning:

Build Thread

Current Cars: APR'd 2010 VW GTI & Revo'd 2013 Audi Q5
      Soon: 2015 Audi S3 & Revo'd 2013 Audi Q5

Vehicles
      1966 Porsche 911, 2006 Audi A3
      10-06-2012 02:31 PM #513
      I got there late due to GW Parkway construction, but I didn't notice any cops on the way there or the way back. I thought there would be some after the 458 crash, but it looks like it's business as usual...

Vehicles
      a van
      10-07-2012 01:41 PM #514
      oh snap, a new Morgan!

nice to see the ole bentley out and about again

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      10-13-2012 06:59 PM #515
      Smaller turnout today but still a great time. And the best part - the cold temps seemed to reduce the douche quotient considerably.

26. Global Moderator David@vwvortex's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-13-2012 08:52 PM #516
      Quote Originally Posted by Haring View Post
      Hey, that's me in front! Thanks for taking the pic. Seeing some of the cool cars there really make it worth going and love how almost everyone is so nice and love talking about their cars. As a new car owner when I go I try to park to the side...i'm sure nobody really wants to see a Fiat.

Hey David@vortex...it's Andy. Probably don't remember me but think back to your green Jetta GLX days and the old toilet bowl GTG's. I had the lowered black Jetta GLX with the GTI front & GTI rims. I miss that car. Knowing you go to these I'll keep an eye out for you.
      Holy CRAP!!! hey dude!!! Long time no hear. Hope you're doing well. George and I were out there today. He brought 4T's R8 out and I was in my .:R.

Not that big of a turnout today which was ok... still some nice stuff there. YIKES.. it was cold. brrrrr

Vehicles
      '13 Abarth
      10-15-2012 09:30 AM #517
      Doing great! I had moved to NC for 5 years so it feels good to be back in VA. I might try to go this weekend before heading off to Renn Fest.

Vehicles
      a van
      10-15-2012 09:51 AM #518
      Quote Originally Posted by Haring View Post
      Doing great! I had moved to NC for 5 years so it feels good to be back in VA. I might try to go this weekend before heading off to Renn Fest.
      I'll prob be out there this weekend before going to the VA Gold Cup

29. 10-18-2012 07:47 PM #519
      Wow... i havent been on here in a while....

Vehicles
      a van
      10-21-2012 10:04 PM #520
      swung by yesterday for a bit, a lot of the regulars, mostly newer cars, loved the big red truck

DSC_7289

DSC_7290

DSC_7291

DSC_7292

DSC_7293

DSC_7294

DSC_7296

DSC_7297

the textures on the materials are incredible on this particular fisker

DSC_7298

DSC_7300

DSC_7302

DSC_7304

DSC_7306

DSC_7308

DSC_7310

DSC_7312

DSC_7317

DSC_7318

DSC_7321

DSC_7323

DSC_7327

DSC_7330

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      10-22-2012 09:07 AM #521
      Great shots, thanks for posting. What was the deal with those Lincolns? I saw a couple guys and a woman with name badges on asking people to look at the cars; sounded like they were factory reps.

Vehicles
      a van
      10-22-2012 09:20 AM #522
      Great shots, thanks for posting. What was the deal with those Lincolns? I saw a couple guys and a woman with name badges on asking people to look at the cars; sounded like they were factory reps.
      Yeah they looked/sounded like they were straight from Ford/Lincoln and wanted to get some potential customer feedback. I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on the new face of the MKZ when it was touted as a concept, but in person, the car is really handsome.

10-22-2012 11:36 AM #523
      I went to Katie's Coffee on Sunday for breakfast and I still saw some very cool cars: Jaguar XK120 and XKE, Triumph TR6, MGB, a couple of Porsche 911s and a bunch of sportbikes. Made me wonder if some of the locals might decide to go on Sundays instead to avoid the congestion!

The tangerine scream STs and the Lincolns MKZs look great. Would love to see the McLaren up close and personal. Looks like you have to be real careful where you park the MP4-12C to avoid getting a door ding with the adjacent cars' side view mirrors.

Vehicles
      '12 Focus SE, '72 MGB GT, '58 MGA, '15 Outback Limited
      10-22-2012 11:38 AM #524
      I was going to head out there on Saturday but just couldnt get out of bed. When is it ending for the season? Any ideas?

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      10-22-2012 12:39 PM #525
      Quote Originally Posted by MCTB View Post
      I was going to head out there on Saturday but just couldnt get out of bed. When is it ending for the season? Any ideas?
      It keeps going all year from what I know, as long as the weather is clear. Last year I kept going until November and then started going again in March, but I heard that people still showed up throughout the winter. That said, there'll be plenty of good-weather Saturdays yet this fall.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast