VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Cars & Coffee - Great Falls, VA Edition

515K views 4K replies 269 participants last post by  Hostile 
#1 · (Edited)
We had a thread going a while back, but it had a specific date on it and eventually got lost in the TCL abyss.
Here's a general thread of pics for the Cars & Coffee that happens at Great Falls, VA.
Any and all contributions are welcome!

Some of my pics from 04.07.2012, no particular order, non-pro photographer:

See less See more
#470 ·
Yeah, it was mu first time to this event.

I noticed last night that I had a little stream from a hose split. I ordered another one, and then trimmed about .25 in off the end where I thought the split was.

Guess it wasn't enough.

You know what else wasn't enough? The excuse I gave for missing the "No Turn on Red" signs on the way there.:(

Good show. Loved the three generations of Ferrari V12 four-seaters (330/365/FF)

#476 ·
Went out today for the first time in a while ... will put some pics up by tomorrow.
Cool to see the Tesla Model S in person, and the po-po were being ridiculous giving out a ticket to the older porsche parked on the side.

#478 · (Edited)
I was heading South on the beltway this morning from MD to the NoVa, and on the other side, just before the G-Town Pike exit, there was a completely destroyed Red Exotic that I assumed was coming back from C&C.

The front end was completely gone, and at first I thought it was a Ferrari, until I saw the rear end of it, and it might have been an R8. :confused:
It must have happened at least a half hour earlier, as Northbound traffic was already backed up past I-66.

Anyone else see that?

#481 ·
#511 ·
some pics, didn't take too many today.

Hey, that's me in front! Thanks for taking the pic. Seeing some of the cool cars there really make it worth going and love how almost everyone is so nice and love talking about their cars. As a new car owner when I go I try to park to the side...i'm sure nobody really wants to see a Fiat. :D

Hey David@vortex...it's Andy. :wave: Probably don't remember me but think back to your green Jetta GLX days and the old toilet bowl GTG's. I had the lowered black Jetta GLX with the GTI front & GTI rims. I miss that car. Knowing you go to these I'll keep an eye out for you.

#487 ·
To anyone that will be attending Cars & Coffee this weekend, or in the coming weeks:

There is a newer Mustang that I believe attends this event regularly. It's a black 5.0 with the license plate "AD1DAS." At the July 29th C&C, I watched him exit the lot in a very dangerous manner - nearly hitting a child while he was showboating his way out. Just this past Sunday, I watched the same car fly out of the Fair Lakes Kohls C&C at wide open throttle, right through the crosswalk that everyone uses to go over to Starbucks. I have also witnessed and heard several stories of him driving very aggressively and dangerously on public roads. This is not the sort of image that we want associated with the Cars and Coffee events.

If this car happens to be at Katie's this Saturday, or any Saturday in the future, and does anything stupid while entering/at/exiting the show, any sort of video/picture/report would be appreciated. Thanks.

And let's all remember that these events are a privilege. Once they are viewed negatively by law enforcement, they will soon be shut down. Let's not let a few bad apples ruin a great thing for the rest of us. :beer:

#488 · (Edited)
I've seen this guy at Katie's before. He waits until the lot is full of people, then exits through the main row of cars / people revving his car and doing these quick clutch drops the entire time while making sure everyone sees his mega-cool drop-in HIDs in reflector housings. :thumbdown:

EDIT: You must have been at C&C at the same time as me Danny. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed his stupidity. Here's my post in this thread from the 30th of July where I basically said the exact same thing as above :laugh:.

By the way...Douche of the week goes to the Mustang 5.0 with the license plate "AD1DAS." Going down the main line constantly dropping your clutch while having your HID (in reflector housing) lights on in their full glory. I think you almost hit a kid. :banghead:

#490 ·
Great point and reminder, SVTDanny. The organizers definitely do NOT promote any aggressive or showboating behaviors at this event, especially since it is a family-oriented C&C. I believe i know which Mustang you may be referring to, will be keeping an eye out for him and the like.

One of the biggest observations we have noticed over the past couple years of attending this gathering is that many of the more established folks (the ones with some truly unique or historic vehicles) have been decreasing their attendance, while more and more new supercar and modified showcar types have been swarming the lots. Everyone is welcome, and I think we can all do our part to promote a safe, all-inclusive and friendly atmosphere that isn't centered around who has the biggest wheels or the flashiest paint job or the loudest revving exhaust. As stated above, there is a reason why police presence has been increasing steadily as of late.

Stay classy, folks!

#491 ·
Hmmm I think I know who you're talking about.

My concern is that after the 458 incident on the Beltway, FFX's "finest" are going to start poking their noses around more. They were there last Sat. talking w/some of the farmer's market people. I've heard more and more people wheeling it out of there of late which really ticks people off. Also, the Salon owner and other shop owners have had it w/the parking situation and are now doing the whole cones AND chains in front of "their" parking places. Honestly don't know how much longer this thing will be able to keep going, but I'm hoping that the douchenozzles stop coming out and attempting to ruin it for everyone.

BTW last weekend's turnout was NUTS. There were some AWESOME cars there... the newer stuff got pushed to the other lots which was nice to see. :D :D

#492 ·
Hmmm I think I know who you're talking about.

My concern is that after the 458 incident on the Beltway, FFX's "finest" are going to start poking their noses around more. They were there last Sat. talking w/some of the farmer's market people. I've heard more and more people wheeling it out of there of late which really ticks people off. Also, the Salon owner and other shop owners have had it w/the parking situation and are now doing the whole cones AND chains in front of "their" parking places. Honestly don't know how much longer this thing will be able to keep going, but I'm hoping that the douchenozzles stop coming out and attempting to ruin it for everyone.

BTW last weekend's turnout was NUTS. There were some AWESOME cars there... the newer stuff got pushed to the other lots which was nice to see. :D :D
Yes... unfortunately all good things come to an end some time. I feel that time is in the near future for this event, at least at it's current location - there just isn't enough space to support the popularity that it has gained.

Jackasses like the one that I mentioned are only serving to speed up that timetable. :banghead:

#493 ·
A couple of friends and I went last year ('69 LeMans conv, '69 Camaro, '73 Vette), and while it wasn't over-the-top crowded, there were some nice cars that got bumped out of the lot for some newer, less unique autos.

Sorry to see that it's getting too big for its own good. We've been thinking about going back, but the post of late have pretty much changed our minds. That's a shame, too, as it's a beautiful early morning drive from Alexandria.

#496 ·
Katies' website used to say apr-oct... never bothered to drive up in wintertime.

I haven't gone at all this year, last year it was easy to find non-show parking in the area. But if it's getting too crowded I could see more people going to Fair Oaks and that huge lot instead. It can't feel as special, though. You really feel like a 1%er walking around Great Falls between Ferraris. :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.