VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Cars & Coffee - Great Falls, VA Edition

515K views 4K replies 269 participants last post by  Hostile 
#1 · (Edited)
We had a thread going a while back, but it had a specific date on it and eventually got lost in the TCL abyss.
Here's a general thread of pics for the Cars & Coffee that happens at Great Falls, VA.
Any and all contributions are welcome!

Some of my pics from 04.07.2012, no particular order, non-pro photographer:

See less See more
#522 ·
Yeah they looked/sounded like they were straight from Ford/Lincoln and wanted to get some potential customer feedback. I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on the new face of the MKZ when it was touted as a concept, but in person, the car is really handsome.

#523 ·
I went to Katie's Coffee on Sunday for breakfast and I still saw some very cool cars: Jaguar XK120 and XKE, Triumph TR6, MGB, a couple of Porsche 911s and a bunch of sportbikes. Made me wonder if some of the locals might decide to go on Sundays instead to avoid the congestion!

The tangerine scream STs and the Lincolns MKZs look great. Would love to see the McLaren up close and personal. Looks like you have to be real careful where you park the MP4-12C to avoid getting a door ding with the adjacent cars' side view mirrors.

#526 ·
I showed up for the first time in 2 months - i actually drove one of those mkz hybrids ...really freaking nice. Also, extremely ironic for me, as im talking with the wife about trading in tje golf for a new fusion hybrid. It sold me, we'll see what happens when she drives it. It was so funny, listening to the douche marketing guy try his damndest to convince me the fusion and mkz are different cars :)

#527 ·
test drove the mkz (none hybrid one).....lots of fun also that hot chick from the dealership was great, fun talking to her

#534 ·
HUGE turnout today, with lots of new stuff. Super cold though!

Andreas from VW HQ brought out the VWVortex 500hp AWD Super Beetle project car, which I had no idea was even in the area. Somebody from Audi brought a B8 RS4 Avant; another highlight was a brand-new Morgan 3-wheeler. Talked to the Morgan owner for a while; that thing would be a total blast.

I got a handful of crappy phone shots I'll throw up later today.

#535 ·
I knew it was going to be chilly but with the clear skies I figured turnout would be stellar. Kicking myself I didn't go. Wanted to but didn't get to bed until 1am and was like, eh..... sleep is more better. :banghead:

Love the Morgan 3-wheeler and would have enjoyed seeing one up close, mostly because I wonder if I would ever fit inside one! Also would like to scope the blue 500hp Beetle.

#536 ·
The Beetle looked awesome; I really liked the color of the blue wrap in person. It was wavy on the bumpers, but that's why they're going to take the wrap off, paint them, and put it back on.

I got a lot of shots of the Morgan, including with the engine (actually trans) hood off. The guy also took the rear lid off. Pretty interesting to poke around on one of these things. Best part was when the owner and his buddy drove up this morning, they were the coldest 2 guys there. :laugh:

#537 ·
yeah, really fun time today with the variety and new faces showing up! i'll have some pics up in a bit. regarding the B8 RS4 - yeah, the Audi folks brought it out (as well as the new R8 that was sitting next to it, and an S8 and S7, and other things VW brought out), and Scott Keogh made an appearance to drive the RS4 away at the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.