VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Cars & Coffee - Great Falls, VA Edition

515K views 4K replies 269 participants last post by  Hostile 
#1 · (Edited)
We had a thread going a while back, but it had a specific date on it and eventually got lost in the TCL abyss.
Here's a general thread of pics for the Cars & Coffee that happens at Great Falls, VA.
Any and all contributions are welcome!

Some of my pics from 04.07.2012, no particular order, non-pro photographer:

See less See more
#757 ·
Some of my favorites today...

The brakes it had were HUGE...

Loved the deep HRE wheels on that Impala...

The '64 E type was my wife's favorite today... Her father had a very similar '67 roadster.

My second car ever and my very first muscle car was a 429 Torino GT of this bodystyle.

Super clean V8 RX7...

Rapide hanging out in back...

And of course, my favorite car there and second favorite Ferrari...

Sounded so good leaving. The Bugatti made very little noise but it left in a hurry.

#772 ·

I'm embarrassed to admit this but when I saw this car I didn't give it a passing glance. I honestly thought it was a mildly restyled K1 Attack. I didn't realize McLaren was making an open top version called the 12C Spider. I'm sure it's a nice car and all. But if I hit the lottery jackpot that is one car that won't be on my shopping list.

#785 ·
Exactly what I thought....didn't wanna say it.

Boring color and the car looks like something lotus would make from the front. Def didn't look like a few 100 stacks

#779 ·
Saturday was a great day to be a car enthusiast in the DC area. Of course you can't have events like this without the dbag of the week award. This week's honor goes to the NSX crew that showed up at Reston. This is an FCA event, who organize everything and pay a handsome sum for the space. Once they were all inside the restaurant for lunch, 7 or 8 NSXs showed up, moved the barricades aside, and lined up next to all the Ferraris. I have no idea what they were thinking, but that wasn't cool.

#792 ·
Couldn't tell if this was a real R32 GTR or a GTS with a conversion
GT-Rs are vastly more common in the US than the other models. Not worth going to all that effort to import what would be a $2000 used bucket in Japan. Not to mention the standard R32 GT-R is not a rare or expensive car to begin with in its home country (or places they can be freely imported like Canada or New Zealand). Motorex imported almost all GT-Rs and a few R33 GTS25t's. The only R32 GTS-t's I've seen in the US were illegal.

I mean, it's special for being in the US, but as R32s go it's not a special car; Nissan made about 44,000 R32 GT-Rs. This isn't one of the special models like an N1 or a V-Spec, just a base GT-R.

#794 ·
Saw the Scirocco R parked in a apartment complex (not even a nice one) visitor parking off northshore road in reston. Does someone from VW get to drive it around or is it owned by someone?

#797 ·
I'll be out there tomorrow bright and early. Plan on driving out to Slummitt afterwards to watch a friend of mine run on Main. Should be a REALLY nice weather day which means some cool stuff should be out there.

If you happen upon a little blue Rabbit, that's me. Stop by an say hello. :)
I'll be there. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.