Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 TT RS on order!

1. 04-29-2012 08:39 AM #36
      Has anyone that has ordered and put a deposit down on a 2013 received a comm number yet? I haven't gotten mine yet and was just curious .

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT RS
      04-29-2012 05:50 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by bloomj View Post
      Has anyone that has ordered and put a deposit down on a 2013 received a comm number yet? I haven't gotten mine yet and was just curious .
      I just got my confirmed build date. It will be built on June 4, 2012 and should be ready for pickup in Germany at the end of July!! I cannot wait!!

3. 04-29-2012 09:10 PM #38
      [QUOTE=jmofo;77114792]
      Quote Originally Posted by bloomj View Post

As far as the wing...I converted and changed my 2013 TTRS to a fixed wing...I'm glad I did...feels like the right thing to do. As far as the aluminum package with the titanium, its not offered here in the states...maybe Europe, overseas, but not here...SUX! So my order consists of:

1. Daytona grey Pearl
      2. Heated front seats
      3. Tech package
      4. Sport Exhaust Titanium package
      5. Carbon Fiber Exterior mirrors
      6. Fixed rear wing
      7. All weather TT-RS Floor mats/cargo liner
      8. All black Silk Nappa leather interior/seats

It's gonna look AWESOME...cant wait for her to come home!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by EBG913 View Post
      placed my order as well.

1. Suzaka Gray
      2. Heated front seats
      3. Tech package
      4. Ti / Exhaust package
      5. Carbon Fiber Exterior mirrors
      6. Fixed rear wing
      7. All weather TT-RS Floor mats/cargo liner
      8. All black Silk Nappa leather interior/seats

Was debating between Suzaka and Daytona...seems like you really can't go wrong!
      So the 2013 TT-RS is coming to the US? Looking at your profile it says you guys are in the United States. Though that could be inaccurate, but if they are coming tot he US then GREAT!

4. 04-29-2012 09:23 PM #39
      Order mine today

2013 TT RS - 6speed MT
      Daytona Gray
      Sport exhaust Titanium package
      Tech package
      Interior: Black (ZM)
      Heated front seats

Sale guy told me it would take 4-6 months . No need for deposit. Long wait ahead...

5. 04-29-2012 09:26 PM #40
      btw, Fixed rear wing is by default right? I saw only option to DELETE it so I assume it will be there by default?

@Jeremy
      Wait, Alcantara seat is no charge???
      Last edited by ttredline; 04-29-2012 at 09:30 PM.

6. 04-29-2012 09:55 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by ttredline View Post
      btw, Fixed rear wing is by default right? I saw only option to DELETE it so I assume it will be there by default?

@Jeremy
      Wait, Alcantara seat is no charge???
      Correct, fixed wing is standard and no charge for alcantara

Vehicles
      2007 B7 Audi S4 - Sprint Blue
      04-29-2012 11:58 PM #42
      So the 2013 TT-RS is coming to the US? Looking at your profile it says you guys are in the United States. Though that could be inaccurate, but if they are coming tot he US then GREAT![/QUOTE]

Yes its got 360hp so it's the equivalent of the TT RS Plus in Europe.

8. 05-02-2012 05:19 PM #43
      I've placed my order Feb-2012 and just missed the 2012 production cutoff date. My TT RS will be a 2013 build and just got off the phone with my dealer who got word from Germany the carbon mirror is delaying all 2013 TT RS order fulfillment. They think its a 2-3 month delay. If I cancel carbon mirrors my TT RS will start production in June, or should keep the order as is, with the car going into production in Aug with delivery in Oct-Nov...

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 B6 Audi S4, BMW 330i and 2013 Daytona Grey Pearl TTRS
      05-02-2012 09:17 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by eddiey View Post
      I've placed my order Feb-2012 and just missed the 2012 production cutoff date. My TT RS will be a 2013 build and just got off the phone with my dealer who got word from Germany the carbon mirror is delaying all 2013 TT RS order fulfillment. They think its a 2-3 month delay. If I cancel carbon mirrors my TT RS will start production in June, or should keep the order as is, with the car going into production in Aug with delivery in Oct-Nov...
      Thanks for the info! Where do you live? I'm in California and haven't heard anything other than they gave me a commission number....no word on production date or anything?? I placed my order last month...why did they say the carbon mirrors are delaying production?

10. 05-03-2012 01:07 AM #45
      I'm located in Seattle. With a deposit you get a commission number with an order status notice. Notice the request production week follow by the assigned production week is blank? You don't have a car until you get an actual build date which is the actual production week, that's when you've been confirm your car is in production and the count down begins. I just missed the 2012 cut off date by a day or two. There was another customer who purchased a week after me but is picking up delivery of his TT RS in June. Audi Germany decided to put his order into production before mine which happens not to say I wasn't pissed. I have an assigned production date of 4/16 but no build date therefore I got my dealer to escalated my concern to Audi corporate to raise hell. That's how I found out about the carbon fiber mirror causing a delay in meeting orders. Anyway, I'm going to change my order to stock mirrors in order to get my car sooner, I'm tired of the sit and wait game and want a guarantee I get my car before the cut of a 1k car production run....

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      05-03-2012 01:42 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by eddiey View Post
      I'm located in Seattle. With a deposit you get a commission number with an order status notice. Notice the request production week follow by the assigned production week is blank? You don't have a car until you get an actual build date which is the actual production week, that's when you've been confirm your car is in production and the count down begins. I just missed the 2012 cut off date by a day or two. There was another customer who purchased a week after me but is picking up delivery of his TT RS in June. Audi Germany decided to put his order into production before mine which happens not to say I wasn't pissed. I have an assigned production date of 4/16 but no build date therefore I got my dealer to escalated my concern to Audi corporate to raise hell. That's how I found out about the carbon fiber mirror causing a delay in meeting orders. Anyway, I'm going to change my order to stock mirrors in order to get my car sooner, I'm tired of the sit and wait game and want a guarantee I get my car before the cut of a 1k car production run....

I'm gonna keep my order the same with the Carbon Fiber mirrors...We'll see what happens...My thought is, since I'm ordering the car the way I want it...I'm not gonna sacrifice and be impatient...
      Last edited by jmofo; 05-03-2012 at 01:52 AM.

12. 05-19-2012 05:51 PM #47
      Not sure if you guys ever got an answer about the seats. There is a bi color option in black/silver or black/red and maybe a brown. Its a different look, not like the normal alcantera down the middle and leather on the sides. I saw some pics at AoA and it was pretty nice.

The option will cost $3k so if you like custom bi tone nappa then that is the way to go. I was going to do it at first but decided to stick with the black nappa.

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 10:00 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Eweezy27 View Post
      Not sure if you guys ever got an answer about the seats. There is a bi color option in black/silver or black/red and maybe a brown. Its a different look, not like the normal alcantera down the middle and leather on the sides. I saw some pics at AoA and it was pretty nice.

The option will cost $3k so if you like custom bi tone nappa then that is the way to go. I was going to do it at first but decided to stick with the black nappa.

Anyone know where we can see pics of these seats?

Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      05-26-2012 09:54 PM #49
      Was looking to get a Lotus Evora but the company seems to be a bit unstable at the moment (just let go of their CEO) so I'm going with a 2013 TT-RS. Waiting on the dealer to get back to me on their allotment before I can order. So far this is what I'm thinking:

1. Lava Grey Pearl (Saw it on an R8, looked incredible) (waiting to find out the cost, otherwise Daytona)
      2. Heated front seats
      3. Tech package
      5. Fixed rear wing
      6. Alcantara interior

Still torn about the carbon fiber mirrors. I would rather have body colored mirrors if that is an option. Haven't had any confirmation on that.

Has anyone tried ordering a 2013 with the Audi Suppliers program? I know some have done it on the 2012 as posted in the mega thread.

I was told it would take 107 days to get here, give or take.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      06-02-2012 05:17 AM #50
      Well....I'm happy to say that I've just heard from my dealer where I placed my 2013 TTRS order a couple of months ago that the car has been picked up and forwarded to production with an estimated arrival date in early September on the East coast...therefore mid to late September to ME!!

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT RS
      06-02-2012 09:48 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      Was looking to get a Lotus Evora but the company seems to be a bit unstable at the moment (just let go of their CEO) so I'm going with a 2013 TT-RS. Waiting on the dealer to get back to me on their allotment before I can order. So far this is what I'm thinking:

1. Lava Grey Pearl (Saw it on an R8, looked incredible) (waiting to find out the cost, otherwise Daytona)
      2. Heated front seats
      3. Tech package
      5. Fixed rear wing
      6. Alcantara interior

Still torn about the carbon fiber mirrors. I would rather have body colored mirrors if that is an option. Haven't had any confirmation on that.

Has anyone tried ordering a 2013 with the Audi Suppliers program? I know some have done it on the 2012 as posted in the mega thread.

I was told it would take 107 days to get here, give or take.
      I was going to do the same thing and opted for the tt-rs which is way better anyway lol!

17. 06-02-2012 12:08 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by southpole12 View Post
      I was going to do the same thing and opted for the tt-rs which is way better anyway lol!
      Congratulations on your TT-RS choice!

Just note that the TT-RS is very different to the Lotus you were looking at!

I am a huge fan of both.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman R; 2012 R8 V10
      06-02-2012 12:57 PM #53
      anyone know where/how we can get these seats on a US TTRS?

http://dhybridcars.org/audi-hybrid/2...terior-image3/
      As they have no airbags, the US won't allow them. You can buy them after the car is purchased and install them yourself - it's easy. However, they cost close to $10k if you can find them!

Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      06-02-2012 05:36 PM #54
      Well the Lotus has it beat on looks, rarity and exoticness. Not to mention driver feedback. It really is an awesome car to drive and is surprisingly comfortable. Not something you normally associate with Lotus. If it wasn't for the current state of the company I would have gone that route. But the TT-RS gives you dependability, better warranty, dealer network, it's faster, best looking TT, and being rare relatively speaking, it should hold its value pretty well.

I'm sure I'm going to love the TT-RS, for a couple years at least.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT RS
      06-03-2012 01:59 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
      Well the Lotus has it beat on looks, rarity and exoticness. Not to mention driver feedback. It really is an awesome car to drive and is surprisingly comfortable. Not something you normally associate with Lotus. If it wasn't for the current state of the company I would have gone that route. But the TT-RS gives you dependability, better warranty, dealer network, it's faster, best looking TT, and being rare relatively speaking, it should hold its value pretty well.

I'm sure I'm going to love the TT-RS, for a couple years at least.
      I agree with you. I don't think I would take the evora over the tt-rs but I definately would love to get the esprit or elan. Hopefully they still bring those cars on the market in 3 years because they are amazing lol!!

Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      06-03-2012 04:48 PM #56
      I agree with you. I don't think I would take the evora over the tt-rs but I definately would love to get the esprit or elan. Hopefully they still bring those cars on the market in 3 years because they are amazing lol!!
      The Elan was pushed back to 2017 at the earliest as the Evora replacement. But now with Danny Bahar potentially being dismissed, that whole 5 model plan could be scrapped. The only one that might make it out is the new Esprit since it was closest to production. Of course it also had a price tag of $200k.

Vehicles
      06-09-2012 11:23 AM #57
      Just found out my 2013 TTRS was released for production. Anyone have a clue how long it will take from this point to delivery?

Is there any way to track its progress on my own? Or only dealers can track?

23. 06-09-2012 01:27 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bill View Post
      As they have no airbags, the US won't allow them. You can buy them after the car is purchased and install them yourself - it's easy. However, they cost close to $10k if you can find them!
      I put these seats in my car.

Anyway I don't think the reason is the seats need airbags, you can buy porsche's with bucket seats which have no airbags right??

Vehicles
      06-10-2012 01:02 AM #59
      Saw a pic of bi-color seats at dealer today. They're great looking. I added them to my order. Suzuka gray with red bi-color, Ti Package, and carbin fiber mirrors....can't wait for delivery in August!

Vehicles
      06-10-2012 01:03 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      I put these seats in my car.

Anyway I don't think the reason is the seats need airbags, you can buy porsche's with bucket seats which have no airbags right??
      Where'd you get them? In US?

Vehicles
      2013 TT-RS; APR Stage 2
      06-10-2012 01:35 AM #61
      Saw a pic of bi-color seats at dealer today. They're great looking. I added them to my order. Suzuka gray with red bi-color, Ti Package, and carbin fiber mirrors....can't wait for delivery in August!
      Any way to find that image to post?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12