Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My 85 Wolfsburg

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      1985 VW Cabriolet Wolfsburg, 2003 Acura RSX Type S
      04-12-2012 03:19 PM #1
      Hey everyone. My names Brandon and I just recently purchased my Cabby and I love it. I've always been a Honda enthusiast, but I've had a soft spot for VW's for as long as I can remember. My daily/"fast" car is my 03 Acura RSX Type S that I use for AutoX and back roading and it's gotten to the point that any legitimate modification is going to ruin it as a daily, and I wanted a summer cruiser. So, when the wholesaler who works through the dealership I work for had a Mk1 Wolfsburg Cabriolet on our back lot I knew I had to get it. So a few days later the keys landed in my hands. It's a blast to drive and I can't wait to fiddle with it more. On to the pics.

it's got a little damage to the front end and a rust hole in the passenger rear quarter.

Plans for it so far are to get it up to date on maintenance and flush all the fluids, replace the top, get some new suspension(The drivers side sits lower than the passenger side ), get euro bumpers, have it repainted fresh OEM Flash Silver, get wheels of some sort and enjoy cruising to all sorts of shows/meets in it this Summer. Open to any suggestions you guys may have or any advice. If I decide to keep it for the long term I'd like to get air suspension and shave/tuck the engine bay.

And for good measure, the daily.

Last edited by Mk1WolfsburgCabby; 04-12-2012 at 03:41 PM.

2. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      04-12-2012 03:21 PM #2
      Oh, and the cabby only has 74,xxx miles

3. Member
      Vehicles
      1985 20V K04 Cabriolet
      04-13-2012 10:35 AM #3
      wonderful find! I too have a 85 Wolfsburg and has been my daily driver for two years now. I absolutly love it. great gas mileage and when I get out form work I put the top down and head home. great for cuises to teh beach on the weekends and can pretty much park it anywhere. Congrats on your new find. One the the best upgrades I did was H&R coilovers rides really nice now!!

4. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      04-13-2012 10:44 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Mykul01 View Post
      wonderful find! I too have a 85 Wolfsburg and has been my daily driver for two years now. I absolutly love it. great gas mileage and when I get out form work I put the top down and head home. great for cuises to teh beach on the weekends and can pretty much park it anywhere. Congrats on your new find. One the the best upgrades I did was H&R coilovers rides really nice now!!
      I agree, coilovers are a must. I have Tein SS with Pillowball mounts on my RSX and it's by far my favorite upgrade

Vehicles
      2000 Audi A4
      04-15-2012 01:33 AM #5
      ~__|__\__
      [(O)__(O)]
      LowerKlasse