Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Squeak after Lower Help

1. 04-13-2012 09:08 AM #1
      Good Morning-

I put H&R Sport on the JSW last Friday...after the install everything was super, rode great and was quiet. I drove it a couple of hundred miles over the weekend and to work and back Monday, took it in for an alignment Monday pm and after things were lined up, there is a terrible squeak coming from the rear, passenger as best I can tell. Last night I took the spring off and lubed up the rubber and WD-40'ed the sway bar bushings. I think I am going to take the shock off tonight and make sure everything is good there. ANYTHING I am missing?

Could this issue come from the alignment? I searched and most folks are saying to look at the shock mount...doing that tonight.

THOUGHTS?

Vehicles
      ERMAHGERD_I_HAS_YELA_FROG_LIGHTS
      04-13-2012 01:55 PM #2
      this could be far fetched but from personal experience you might want to check the swaybar to see if the height change made the bushing location loose or is it causing stress in witch i would take it all out and lube it and re-install other then that I am stumped you can check the links and see if they are binding from the added stress