VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Who's rolling from nc

9K views 55 replies 31 participants last post by  d3xt3r420 
#1 ·
Just wondering who's rolling down from nc and when im leaving early friday morning in my mk1.....

#17 ·
Leaving NC around Noon, will wave as we go by if your broke down on the side of the road [might laugh at you too]. :p Just kidding, we will stop and help. On my first trip down the second year, we had to stop to check a rim when we hit a cement block on the interstate near the GA welcome center. It isn't the only time we have made road side stops. One last year on the way down for a blow out on an Mk4, one on the way back for a bad vibration on an Mk1 and a couple years ago for a broken shifter in a Mk2. I always try to carry tools. :thumbup:

#26 · (Edited)
#27 ·
Leaving NC Friday morning in our Mk4 Jetta TDI. Don't think we're caravaning this year though. Was planning on taking our mk1 but we're going to Asheville for vaca after SoWo and the mk4 is a bit more comfortable for that :laugh: Next year hopefully the mk1 will return.

#33 · (Edited)
I live in Raleigh but will be staying in Rougemont Thursday night with my brother-in-law, then leaving there Friday am. Not sure what time yet. As time gets closer, I'm thinking about leaving earlier than the past couple years. It's about 5 hours from here, so if I can get there by early afternoon instead of 5pm, I'll be happy.

#36 ·
Greenville SC Area has a group leaving at like 9am friday morning to ride down.. PM if anyone wants to jump in.. riding solo:thumbdown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.