VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

UK Corrado G60 - E-Level Slow Build - Too many pics...

35K views 113 replies 26 participants last post by  RILEY UK 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I may as well start a thread on my air ride install. It's a slow burner because I rarely get any free time with work :thumbdown: But at least it should hopefully turn out ok, Hope so anyway! Sick of coilovers! :thumbup:

Also posted on the Vw Corrado G60 Forum

Check the links in my sig to see the Corrado in question.

Have spent a lot of time struggling to come up with a way to mount everything so that I can still have decent space and still use the spare wheel, I never actually run the pare in the car but I tend to throw it in there for MOT.

Anyway, here's all the toys :thumbup: Ill apologise in advance for all the pics, I always tend to take plenty incase others see something they wanna ask about etc...

Can see the digital gauge I also bought here, bagriders sent me the wrong one, it was supposed to be black but it's alloy/silver. :thumbdown:

That's all the kit, but I also picked up a VDO pressure gauge too. :thumbup:

Onto the build! I was having real problems with the skinny 5gallon tank, tried various ways but just wasn't happy with it.:thumbdown:

So I picked up a chubby 5gallon to replace it :thumbup: Can see an early template here too. Shame that bagriders sent me the totally wrong tank, it doesn't even have a damn drain port and they have done NOTHING to sort this out. :thumbdown:

Always start with cardboard:laugh:

Then cut out some wood.

And cut out some more!

Test fitting...again, and again and again...

And that's all I've managed so far...I'll try and update when I can.

Neil.

See less See more
#8 ·
Made a little more progress again, man I need to get some good time spent on it! :-(

Anyway...I got a better seal on the compressor area, made a lip that runs around the edge so a back panel will close up against it.

Then I tried mounting the ECU inline with the manifold, but I didn't have clearance at the back, the rear bench was too close to the plus/wiring.

So I started that bit again and sat the ECU lower down, still need to finish this off. The wiring also runs behind it's own connector through a little plug I made.

And it clears at the back!

And I suppose it looks ok from the front...

PS: I know it all looks a little wobbly/uneven in places, some of it is because the front panel isn't fixed yet (It straightens things up) and some I need to run over with the file to tidy edges up etc.

Neil.

#9 ·
#10 ·
Again, just a little progress, but it feels like I'm getting there now with starting on the wiring etc.

Picked up these two digi gauges, voltage for the management. And a temp gauge that has a little sensor wire which I'm gonna sit in the compressor compartment.

Made two lids, the flat one and an angled one, both removable.

Front pic...

Need to see if I can sit the sensors upwards yet...

And front shots with the digi gauges, still need to fit my tank pressure gauge yet. Above the tank.

#12 ·
Thanks mate :thumbup: glad someone thinks so because I've never done air ride before. Yeah I'm going to use plexi/perspex for the VU4 and compressor. Going to pop some lighting in there too I think, reminds me I've got a little fan that I may use as well.

Main thing for me was using the space well, I see plenty of later Vw installs on here and there seems to be a hell of a lot more room than in the ol' Corrado! I wanted to have everything easily accessible by folding the rear bench down too. :thumbup:

Have got more to come such as dynamat for inside the compressor compartment etc.

#15 ·
I figured i'd just fit them for diagnostic etc where i'd have my head stuck in the boot/trunk anyway, but I do have a digi volt gauge in the dash too :thumbup: But it's an idea as far as the temp gauge :thumbup: Still in the midst of fully deciding things as yet so things may change.

#21 · (Edited)
Thanks mate. Just done lots of reading and then got an idea in mind, doing as I go really though...

Got a cool little idea for a handle on the compressor compartment, may not work yet but I'll give it a try.

Just another small update, been really busy and my Dad also got threatened/assaulted so I had to 'sort that out'

Picked up a pair of neons...Never thought I'd be buying these lol.

Picked up two wiring blocks for power and earth. Also got some reusable tie wraps and mounting blocks for them.

Put them in place, although I still need to sort more wiring it's sort of coming together.

Here you can see where I fitted the two fuses as well, top right above the ecu.

The run of the wiring so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.