Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: Thule Roof Rack with Ski Carrier - Fits MKV Jetta & MKVI Golf

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2006 Jetta 2.0T
      04-13-2012 09:17 PM #1
      This Thule roof rack was purchased from Rack Attack at the start of winter and only used a handful of times for trips to the local ski hill. Sold my vehicle and no longer need it. It's in perfect condition with very little use. Still have the original packaging.

I have 2 footpacks that will fit the 2006-1010 Jetta (Mark V) and the 2010-2012 Golfs (Mark VI).
      If you don't have one of these vehicles you can purchase a footpack for your car for approximately $90 (Depending on vehicle).

This roof rack costs over $850 brand new and you can save yourself the taxes.

Full System includes;
      AeroBlade Load Bars
      Universal Flat Top Ski Carrier ( Fits up to 6 pairs of skis and 4 snowboards )
      Rapid Traverse Foot Pack
      Kit for Foot Packs ( Fits Jetta or Golf )
      Thule One Key Lock Cylinder System

Asking $750 or BO.

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2008/VW/Golf
      04-23-2012 05:14 PM #2
      Ill give ya 500 for it

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2006 Jetta 2.0T
      04-24-2012 10:40 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Golfgores View Post
      Ill give ya 500 for it
      Sorry man, the lowest that i'll go on this is $700. I cant take a hit of 450 bucks just for owning it for 3 months. It's in flawless condition, practically brand new and comes with lifetime warranty. The way i have it configured it sells for $850 plus taxes for a total of $960. Let me know.

Vehicles
      8NTTQC + MK3GTIVR6 + MK3CABRIO
      04-26-2012 02:29 PM #4
      not tryin to ruin the sale, but if you setup was purchased either from the dealer or a place like rack attack you paid way too much.

your asking price is severly inflated compared to the going rate of roof racks and accessories on this forum. search the forums and you'll see the average going prices and you can adjust accordingly

5. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2006 Jetta 2.0T
      04-26-2012 02:40 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by trixx View Post
      not tryin to ruin the sale, but if you setup was purchased either from the dealer or a place like rack attack you paid way too much.

your asking price is severly inflated compared to the going rate of roof racks and accessories on this forum. search the forums and you'll see the average going prices and you can adjust accordingly
      Thanks for your input!! Sadly it shows what these forums have become. A place for bottom feeders. I don't particularly care for what "the going rate" is on these forums. I unlike some other people on here with beat up M3's or their little project cars that have a need for a roof rack just to look cool...I prefer to drive in a late model VW, actually have practical uses for a roof rack and don't mind paying " the going retail rate" from a dealership or rack attack for nice ****! Once again...thanks for your opinion...perhaps you should adjust your attitude and understand that nice things cost money in life and there are people out there that do appreciate em! Maybe you should get a job...buy a late model VDub than fix it up and be proud of what you own...instead of providing your 2 cents worth!

6. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2006 Jetta 2.0T
      04-26-2012 02:44 PM #6

Hey trixx..wanna buy it for $200? would it make you feel great knowing that you got a steal? Maybe you can get some extra cash by flipping it and selling it to someone else? How that for a proposition?

Vehicles
      04-26-2012 05:38 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by 2URBOLV View Post
      Hey trixx..wanna buy it for $200? would it make you feel great knowing that you got a steal? Maybe you can get some extra cash by flipping it and selling it to someone else? How that for a proposition?
      seriously dude?

i purchased NEW thule racks for my audi TT from amazon.com w/ free shipping for $198 USD and rack attack quoted me over $450CDN + tax for the exact same rack.

I got thule peloton 517 bike carriers for $95 cdn each from Sporting Life (regular price) when rack attack sells them for $194.99.

my point is you're passing off inflated "rack attack" prices. don't expect to recoupe losses for overpriced goods. i was giving you free, sound advise from someone who has been on this forum and part of the community for the better part of a decade. In hind sight maybe i should have sent you an IM, but one way or another there's no reason to be such a friggin douche to someone you don't know.

i'll ignore your other attempted insults since you're completely oblivious to well... everything.

got something to say... come out to a local GTG and say it to my face... but guessing by your attitude, gtgs and local shows are probably beneath you, which begs the question, why are you on a community based enthusiast forum in the first place?

edit... didn't realize you were already on your way to making so many freinds here

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-amp-MKVI-Golf
      Last edited by trixx; 04-26-2012 at 05:44 PM.

8. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2006 Jetta 2.0T
      04-26-2012 09:08 PM #8
      seriously dude?

i purchased NEW thule racks for my audi TT from amazon.com w/ free shipping for $198 USD and rack attack quoted me over $450CDN + tax for the exact same rack.

I got thule peloton 517 bike carriers for $95 cdn each from Sporting Life (regular price) when rack attack sells them for $194.99.

my point is you're passing off inflated "rack attack" prices. don't expect to recoupe losses for overpriced goods. i was giving you free, sound advise from someone who has been on this forum and part of the community for the better part of a decade. In hind sight maybe i should have sent you an IM, but one way or another there's no reason to be such a friggin douche to someone you don't know.

i'll ignore your other attempted insults since you're completely oblivious to well... everything.

got something to say... come out to a local GTG and say it to my face... but guessing by your attitude, gtgs and local shows are probably beneath you, which begs the question, why are you on a community based enthusiast forum in the first place?

edit... didn't realize you were already on your way to making so many freinds here

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-amp-MKVI-Golf
      Didn't your momma teach you that sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say don't say nothing at all? Maybe you should have keep those comments and opinions to yourself or expressed them in an IM...but it shows that clearly seasoned enthusiast jokers like you...need to participate in such discussions because it makes your ego and D1ck feel bigger...what you wanna meet me at a show so you can pummel my face?! Is this where we're going with this?? Is this really your level of maturity? Do you have a need to feel big and strong? You found the need to research my posts../wtf..really...are you my stalker now? Clearly you have no life if you have a need, not to mention time to resort to this....unlike you I'm not interested in making friends through a computer screen and I don't have time for forums..and if this makes you feel better...just so I can give you some sort of answers for the big puzzles in your life...I'm on this forum cuz I thought it would be another resource to sell my stuff as i thought that pure enthusiasts would see the value in what im selling..but now I see how pathetic the VW forums are due to clowns like you and the other chumps.

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 10:37 AM #9
      funny how you completely sidestep the whole point that you got ripped off to begin with buying from rack attack.

the doucheyness grows stronger within you young grasshopper.

09-30-2012 11:38 PM #10
      Finally the forums have come alive...fun times with Jerry Springer.
      Where's actng 1.8?,...> paging actng 1.8
      1995 Flash Red GTI 2.8 -<< Not Bagged! - only OEM+ >> I will never be cool like the other kids.
      My new dd is a '10 PWagon, 2.0T, DSG - not cool either. Wife drives the 97 Jetta GT.

Vehicles
      2001.5 Audi S4 6spd Quattro Stage 3
      10-01-2012 10:01 AM #11
      LOL best for sale ad in a while!

Lets play a game, how about we make a for sale thread, and then insult everyone who tries to give helpful advice in it, and then still try to sell original product!

Oh, and then forget you are on a VW forum and insult the "M3's" we all drive, and then hop on on your high horse and insist that you are better than us because you have a "late model" vehicle.

Just because you didn't do your research and got ripped off on your racks doesn't mean you're smarter than all the people who have pointed this out to you! Frankly, I wouldn't pay $1000 for a rack no matter how good and "fresh" it was, if you know what I mean!
      Instagram: Ozzker / Das Parts

Das Parts -- https://www.facebook.com/dasvwparts

Vehicles
      2001.5 Audi S4 6spd Quattro Stage 3
      10-01-2012 10:04 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by 2URBOLV View Post
      Didn't your momma teach you that sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say don't say nothing at all? Maybe you should have keep those comments and opinions to yourself or expressed them in an IM...but it shows that clearly seasoned enthusiast jokers like you...need to participate in such discussions because it makes your ego and D1ck feel bigger...what you wanna meet me at a show so you can pummel my face?! Is this where we're going with this?? Is this really your level of maturity? Do you have a need to feel big and strong? You found the need to research my posts../wtf..really...are you my stalker now? Clearly you have no life if you have a need, not to mention time to resort to this....unlike you I'm not interested in making friends through a computer screen and I don't have time for forums..and if this makes you feel better...just so I can give you some sort of answers for the big puzzles in your life...I'm on this forum cuz I thought it would be another resource to sell my stuff as i thought that pure enthusiasts would see the value in what im selling..but now I see how pathetic the VW forums are due to clowns like you and the other chumps.
      LOL this is sig worth!!!
      Instagram: Ozzker / Das Parts

Das Parts -- https://www.facebook.com/dasvwparts

Vehicles
      2010 Passat Wagoneer
      10-01-2012 08:47 PM #13
      I want in too!!!

This thing is only worth $500 on amazon.ca... brand new.

you can also buy it from a man who lives in a van down by the river for $100

[IMG]http://cdn.******************/instances/250x250/20350805.jpg[/IMG]
      :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::
      ::::::: I am not living, I am just killing time. ::::::
      :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::