Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 12 of 12

    Thread: Dealer silliness - 2012 Tiguan Alarm Settings

    1. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2009
      Location
      Ottawa, Ontario
      Posts
      31
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan Track & Style aka Highline
      04-14-2012 04:34 PM #1
      Hello All

      Going to pick up a 2012 Tig Highline/SEL next Tuesday. Have requested the dealer to set the lock/alarm such that no audible tone is heard when you lock the vehicle, you only get a flash of the lights. This is the way my current Tig (2010) is set up.

      Dealer has advised that the horn MUST sound when you lock the vehicle for "safety" reasons. To be polite this sounds like BS to me.

      For those of you with 2012 Tigs - does your horn sound when you lock your Tiguan or not? Did you have a choice of which mode you wanted?

      Thanks in advance.

    2. Member vw_nc_dude's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2012
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      1,015
      04-14-2012 06:41 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonntagsfahrer View Post
      Hello All

      Going to pick up a 2012 Tig Highline/SEL next Tuesday. Have requested the dealer to set the lock/alarm such that no audible tone is heard when you lock the vehicle, you only get a flash of the lights. This is the way my current Tig (2010) is set up.

      Dealer has advised that the horn MUST sound when you lock the vehicle for "safety" reasons. To be polite this sounds like BS to me.

      For those of you with 2012 Tigs - does your horn sound when you lock your Tiguan or not? Did you have a choice of which mode you wanted?

      Thanks in advance.
      The horn does sound when I lock the Tiguan.

      In the Passat, there is a "Convenience Setting" in the MFD that you can change. Have not checked if we have this option in the Tiguan. Maybe others can chime in.

    3. n00b
      Join Date
      Oct 6th, 2011
      Location
      Colombia
      Posts
      8
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan TSI
      04-14-2012 06:55 PM #3
      yeap thats BS, you can handle that thru your Convenience Settings, and mine doesnt make a sound.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2011
      Posts
      466
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat V6 SEL Prem/Nav; 2012 Tiguan SEL Prem/Nav
      04-14-2012 08:15 PM #4
      Between the passat and Tig I have I forget which was what. One was the ata confirm button on the MFI. The other I had to do through VCDS.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2011
      Posts
      466
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat V6 SEL Prem/Nav; 2012 Tiguan SEL Prem/Nav
      04-14-2012 08:17 PM #5
      And now re-reading.... Based on what ncdude said it must of been my passat that was through MFI. But the option in VCDS was easy... Believe it was through adaptations not long code helper. Search the Ross tech wiki and you should find it. Now would just have to find a cable if your dealer won't make the change.

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2009
      Location
      Ottawa, Ontario
      Posts
      31
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan Track & Style aka Highline
      04-14-2012 09:26 PM #6
      Thanks everyone! - I think I'm going to buy the Ross-tech software and do my own configuration changes. Tired of explaining the obvious to dealership staff...

      I would rather spend the time driving and enjoying my Tig

    7. Member vw_nc_dude's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2012
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      1,015
      04-14-2012 09:37 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonntagsfahrer View Post
      Thanks everyone! - I think I'm going to buy the Ross-tech software and do my own configuration changes. Tired of explaining the obvious to dealership staff...

      I would rather spend the time driving and enjoying my Tig
      Just checked in my Tiguan. You should be able to change it without Ross-tech software.

      Using the MFD/MFI display using the menu selector:

      Go to Settings -> Convenience -> Uncheck ATA confirm

      That's it and the horn will not sound when you lock the car.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2011
      Posts
      466
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat V6 SEL Prem/Nav; 2012 Tiguan SEL Prem/Nav
      04-14-2012 09:47 PM #8
      I'll check mine too then. Pretty sure one was via the MFI and one via VCDS. V6 SEL passat and SEL Tig.

    9. Member vw_nc_dude's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2012
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      1,015
      04-14-2012 09:49 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by pbafire View Post
      I'll check mine too then. Pretty sure one was via the MFI and one via VCDS. V6 SEL passat and SEL Tig.
      I have a 08 Passat 2.0TFSI and 12 Tiguan SE. Both can be set via MFI.
      Last edited by vw_nc_dude; 04-15-2012 at 12:50 AM.

    10. 04-15-2012 02:20 AM #10
      You know, I kind of like the horn sounding when I set the alarm... It certainly helps me find the car when I've forgotten where I've parked it or I'm in an unfamiliar area... Not sure what I'd do if I couldn't repeatedly arm the alarm, hear the horn and be able follow the sound to the car...

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2011
      Posts
      466
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat V6 SEL Prem/Nav; 2012 Tiguan SEL Prem/Nav
      04-15-2012 02:49 AM #11
      Ah then they stripped it from the 2012 passat, that's then one I did via VCDS.
      For the OP... MFI setting on the Tig... Don't worry about the dealer sillyness or VCDS cable (except for other mods!!!)

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 22nd, 2012
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      273
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL w/boost gauge and Scangauge
      04-22-2012 11:21 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by pbafire View Post
      Ah then they stripped it from the 2012 passat, that's then one I did via VCDS.
      For the OP... MFI setting on the Tig... Don't worry about the dealer sillyness or VCDS cable (except for other mods!!!)
      The "other mods" you can do with the Ross-Tech cable are described in a thread in the Technical/VAG-COM topic in this (VWVortex) forum. Many are worthwhile if you have the hardware to support them, like (a) open/close windows with the remote, (b) auto-close windows when rain is detected, (c) sound 2 beeps when car is opened, etc.

      The link is here

      FYI, don't be tempted into buying a Chinese copy of the cable, most if not all of the software features you need to do the modifications are not available. Support Ross-Tech, they're good people.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •