Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: MK3 2dr golf/gti Rally wide body kit...Milw, WI

1. 04-14-2012 08:16 PM #1
      $400. Willing to drive a hour from Milwaukee (zip 53204) to meet.

No trades. Cash/paypal only.

Brand new condition. No cracks or chunks missing.

Actual kit (what you'll get- 2 front fender replacements & 2 complete quarter panels):

Dry fit:

Finished product (not my vehicles):

Vehicles
      '98 Widebody Jetta, '91 16VT Jetta Coupe, '04 Passat 4Motion Wagon
      04-18-2012 10:52 PM #6
      Two things:

1) is this an ABT kit, and is it fully intact (no cracks or broken bits)

2) PHATASS absolutely was NOT built using a kit. Ramon built that widebody himself, based off of the A59 kit and then put his own spin on things.

3. 04-19-2012 04:28 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by elicitvr6 View Post
      Two things:

1) is this an ABT kit, and is it fully intact (no cracks or broken bits)

2) PHATASS absolutely was NOT built using a kit. Ramon built that widebody himself, based off of the A59 kit and then put his own spin on things.
      Two concerns:
      1) It's a fiberglass konigseder kit, fully intact (no cracks or chunks missing) and brand new. The front fenders don't even have the mounting holes, that's how intact it is. I purchased the kit from dubtechnik roughly 7-8 years ago. It has been sitting in storage since then.

2) Maybe I'm confused, but it's either Fast Bumpers, ALPHAQGTI, or both who based their kit off the konigseder. I'm 100% positive that alphaqgit based his car off the konigseder and NOT the A59 kit.

I remember ALPHAQGTI had a build thread a looong time ago on it. I know he heavily modified the kit by making the quarter panels wider, but it started off as a konigseder kit. There was a silver gti in AZ a while back, but I can't find any pictures of it.

For reference I believe this was the last surviving A59 kit before it's unexpected demise, I'm not able to find the carnage pics.

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 02:30 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by southsid3 View Post
      Two concerns:
      1) It's a fiberglass konigseder kit, fully intact (no cracks or chunks missing) and brand new. The front fenders don't even have the mounting holes, that's how intact it is. I purchased the kit from dubtechnik roughly 7-8 years ago. It has been sitting in storage since then.

2) Maybe I'm confused, but it's either Fast Bumpers, ALPHAQGTI, or both who based their kit off the konigseder. I'm 100% positive that alphaqgit based his car off the konigseder and NOT the A59 kit.

I remember ALPHAQGTI had a build thread a looong time ago on it. I know he heavily modified the kit by making the quarter panels wider, but it started off as a konigseder kit. There was a silver gti in AZ a while back, but I can't find any pictures of it.

For reference I believe this was the last surviving A59 kit before it's unexpected demise, I'm not able to find the carnage pics.

What do you think the Konigseder kit is based off of? The A59.

I'm well aware of what the A59 kit was, as well as how many were in existence. I didn't say that Ramon had one of the kits and built off of that, I said that he based his design off of what the A59 kit looked like and then put his own spin on it.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you on this. I'm WELL aware of what widebody kits were available for the MK3 and who all was brave enough to take on the task of building a widebody MK3. My point was, that you were showing Ramon's car as an example of what the kit looks like and Ramon's car doesn't look ANYTHING like what the Konigseder kit would look like once on a car. The Yellow Golf that 1552 built is what the kit would look like once fitted.

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 02:31 PM #10
      BTW, I think this is a great price for this kit and hope somebody pics it up and puts it to good use. Would love to see it go on a harli. If I didn't already have a widebody MK3 I would def. be interested.

6. 04-21-2012 12:58 PM #11
      What do you think the Konigseder kit is based off of? The A59.

I'm well aware of what the A59 kit was, as well as how many were in existence. I didn't say that Ramon had one of the kits and built off of that, I said that he based his design off of what the A59 kit looked like and then put his own spin on it.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you on this. I'm WELL aware of what widebody kits were available for the MK3 and who all was brave enough to take on the task of building a widebody MK3. My point was, that you were showing Ramon's car as an example of what the kit looks like and Ramon's car doesn't look ANYTHING like what the Konigseder kit would look like once on a car. The Yellow Golf that 1552 built is what the kit would look like once fitted.

If you want to go that route...you could say all mk3 wide body kits are based/desifned off the A59. The first mk3 I posted looks more like it has the Konigseder kit than the A59. Even here on the tex' when searching Konigseder wide body kit...images of the car pop up.

Bottom line is...I'm just trying to sell this kit. I think $400 is a fair and reasonable price.

7. Banner Advertiser brad@fifteen52's Avatar
      Vehicles
      1988 BMW M3 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      04-23-2012 09:26 PM #14
      I'm just trying to sell this kit. I think $400 is a fair and reasonable price.
      It's actually a ridiculously low price for this kit FWIW, if we were to bring one in right now we'd have to charge prob 4x what you've listed yours for...

FWIW, this kit was inspired by the boxed arches of the E30 M3 and ur-Quattro (told to me by Gerhard Königseder himself) and IMO the only thing the A59 kit has in common is the vented front fenders (rear flares on A59 are not boxed at all, and are more like the Abt cup flares). Both cars pictured by the OP IMO have a very similar look, with each going a different way with custom side skirts

8. 04-24-2012 07:04 PM #15

Just say the exact same thing in the mk3 classifieds. Link provided in sig. lol

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 09:53 PM #19
      Bottom line is...I'm just trying to sell this kit. I think $400 is a fair and reasonable price.
      Sent the link to a couple folks I know that are looking for wide body kits.

10. 04-29-2012 02:32 PM #22
      is this still available ?

11. 04-30-2012 07:14 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by e_acord View Post
      is this still available ?
      Still for sale.

I'm not taking the ad down until it's sold. This kit has been collecting dust waaayy too long.

Vehicles
      04-30-2012 12:13 PM #24
      I kinda want to buy it just to hang it on a wall.

13. 04-30-2012 08:44 PM #25
      I kinda want to buy it just to hang it on a wall.
      Piece of history...lol...think about it...

I had this kit and the BBR kit hanging in my garage at one point...they looked so bad ass just chillin'. I only wish I had some pictures of both hanging up. Ahh well...

Vehicles
      05-03-2012 09:19 AM #28
      This is exactly why I never really pushed to go into production with my wide body flare kits for the MK3. Folks say they wanna go wide, but very, very few of them are willing to pay what it costs to make it happen. At $400 this kit is a steal, but only a handful of people realize that, and the market for widebody MK3s is a very limited one, unfortunately.

15. 05-03-2012 05:10 PM #29
      The funny part is when I get low-balled. You wouldn't believe the ridiculous offers I've received. It's like...

Vehicles
      94 VW Golf
      05-10-2012 02:06 AM #34
      This kit is awesome. Throwback into the 80's lol like the cabrio kits.
      Last edited by crzejkr; 05-16-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast