Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Worst show ever

1. Member
      Vehicles
      14' CLA250 & 84' GTi G60 Turbo
      04-17-2012 08:07 PM #141
      I still remember my first show n go back in 2002. It was huge and the scene was amazing at that time, everyone was cool too.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      1987 VW GTI, 2001 Audi TT
      04-18-2012 01:03 AM #142
      i went, had a lot of fun, the swap meet was good to me
      saw about 10-15 cars running down the track, all but 2-3 were slow as balls
      show seemed small this year, costs at the gate were higher than i remembered
      i paid for exhibition, ended up in an area past the vendors and swap meet along with a handful of pickup trucks... i don't get it
      i remember going to spring and fall show n go and skipping waterfest sometimes because SnG was always better, now idk
      there was a time when show n go was held on the same day as honda day or american muscle test and tune and it made the track more interesting, i think i even remember a time when show n go took up BOTH sides of the track it got so big, what happened, and who is running it now that german squad isn't? makes sense now why i didn't even hear about the show, i just know its always early april so i kept searching for the announcement as spring got closer
      '87 GTI 1.8t t3 60 trim, '01 TT 180q gt28rs
      '01 GTI 1.8t
      '98 Ranger 4x4, '01 Catera, '90 GLI 16vT, '94 850 Turbo, '90 Golf, '89 Golf, '90 Mustang LX, '91 Jetta, '88 9000S, '86 Jetta, '91 Continental

Vehicles
      95 Flatshred VRGTI 88 Marine Blue Coupe 87 4Runner
      04-18-2012 01:06 PM #143
      Trophies wahhhh...Long lines wahhhhh....

Hey Mike. Why dont you build a car that functions?

I'm sure you're going to put a 1.8T in your MK3 and its going to run like ass. You'll tell everyone it runs great and polish a bunch of stuff on it. Then you'll arrive at every show with your hood off. Then you'll sit in your little fold up chair waiting for the judges so you can lie to them and tell them its the most built 1.8T ever. Meanwhile everyone else is kicking back BBQ'ing not giving a ****.
      planetcaravan

Vehicles
      mkv, mk1
      04-18-2012 06:18 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by Louie Bricants View Post

I'm sure you're going to put a 1.8T in your MK3 and its going to run like ass. You'll tell everyone it runs great and polish a bunch of stuff on it. Then you'll arrive at every show with your hood off. Then you'll sit in your little fold up chair waiting for the judges so you can lie to them and tell them its the most built 1.8T ever. Meanwhile everyone else is kicking back BBQ'ing not giving a ****.
      dude, you've always been cool to me, now all of a sudden you're attacking everything I build/do WTF?
      Air ride installs, coil over installs, general servicing, frame notching, vag com, mk1 restorations and repairs
      Email mreurowerks@gmail.com
      Instagram @rikeymobles

Vehicles
      mk4 337
      04-18-2012 08:43 PM #145
      i helpd stop the tent from furthering damage. That happend to my pops cars at a mopar show. ppl have to be smart or others will suffer. No one deserves that at a show... well, maybe that guy with the hideous blaring bmw wagon

Vehicles
      1999.5 Golf on pillows, 2013 TiguanS 4motion, 2004 R32
      04-18-2012 10:18 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
      dude, you've always been cool to me, now all of a sudden you're attacking everything I build/do WTF?
      IS this forreal?
      KDICUSTOMS MADE.

Vehicles
      04 NB, 06 GTI, 11 CC Executive, 10 Routan, 91 Cabriolet EA edition
      04-18-2012 11:21 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by Krazee View Post
      You missed his point - venue sets pricing. Pricing is based on what it costs them (the venue) to run the facilities and pay all their employees, security, and track insurance. At the end of the day, the issue is price, but operations cost will always go up. The shows you mentioned, having never been to any, are all held in parks. Parks are state, city, or town funded, so their pricing is significantly lower than a private venue like Raceway Park.

However, while Raceway sets the pricing, organization, show categories, and judging procedures can definitely be handled better by the presenting groups (whomever it may be) - Raceway Park doesn't know their audience, only the presenting sponsors do.
      While majority of what you have said is correct, all of those shows are not held at parks. Cult Classic is held at a park. VAG Fair is on the York Fairgrounds (private venue). Brokedown is held on a private airport. Brokedown was also free to get into. You just donated money to charity as your 'entry' fee. Just thought I should clarify! Carry on!

PS, we stopped going to all Show n' Go events 3 years ago. It had lost it's vibe once German Squad stopped caring as much about it. I can definitely say that we haven't missed it.
      Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.

Vehicles
      16V Turbo
      04-19-2012 10:56 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by Louie Bricants View Post

ROFL.

I went there to hang out with some people, walk around and see some cars, and watch a good race or two. Mission accomplished. Even parked my pile of **** in the show area so people could see a MKV with some old school ugly wheels on it. If you're going to complain about spending $25-$30 on admission because the judging sucked or whatever and you couldn't find a way to have a good time otherwise, then stay home.

This thread makes me LOL. That is all.
      Last edited by ALRDesign; 04-19-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Vehicles
      96 Jetta 2.0, VR6 with no home.
      04-19-2012 04:46 PM #149
      Lmao. Dont get too emotional, it's just the Internet.

Sent from your iPhone while I was balls deep in your sister at your moms house.

10. 04-19-2012 08:02 PM #150

Maybe it's because everytime you lower a car and slap wheels on it, yet leave the rest halfassed, BS the details of it, then expect to win every show you attend and have everyone swing on your nuts.

I'd think that's a pretty accurate guess.

You created this thread because you are butt hurt you didn't win. Whether you realize it or not, that is exactly what it is.

Vehicles
      95 Flatshred VRGTI 88 Marine Blue Coupe 87 4Runner
      04-21-2012 06:46 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by ALRDesign View Post
      ROFL.

I went there to hang out with some people, walk around and see some cars, and watch a good race or two. Mission accomplished. Even parked my pile of **** in the show area so people could see a MKV with some old school ugly wheels on it. If you're going to complain about spending $25-$30 on admission because the judging sucked or whatever and you couldn't find a way to have a good time otherwise, then stay home.

He sunk thousands into a car thats worth 3 grand in immaculate condition and bitches about admission. Lol. That is why i make fun of you Mike. I'll still High 5 ya if I see you but you'll always be an idiot.
      planetcaravan

Vehicles
      96 2.9 project Jetta, '04 A4 Avant 1.8t quattro
      04-26-2012 03:31 PM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by spitfire481 View Post
      Haha. I should start selling some of these dusty ass trophies that are sitting in my house. Might make people feel better about their cars
      My Only Fear in Life is a Bad Reputation

My First VR6 Build
      MK3 GARAGE SALE!
      IG: @Larry_Fopps

Vehicles
      2003 mk4 jetta
      04-29-2012 10:32 PM #153
      I have to agree with everyone.. I've been going to S&g for 4 years now and it's just getting worse and worse.. Between it being $50 to get in, the loud music and lack of respect for everyone.. it's just not worth it anymore. Well, besides taking home 1st in the 20th class & best motor. We should all try to make it better for next year.

Vehicles
      MKII Alpine White GTi 2.1 16V (in the works) | "MKVI" PGM 2.0L CR TDi Wagon
      07-24-2012 11:40 AM #154
      I don't think any BMWs should of been in the show area unless they were vendor cars, its called
      VW Audi Show N Go
      none of these fools listen when they're told there's no class for them to be judged, and that they can't go into the show area...

i've also seen some of these guys are sneaking in from exhibition...just sayin'
      a bad day in a Volkswagen, is better than a good day in a Honda...

MKII Alpine White GTi 2.0/1 16V (in the works)
      MKVI PGM 2.0L 6MT TDi Wagon (daily driver)

SLAM-N-EURO'Z

Vehicles
      MKII Alpine White GTi 2.1 16V (in the works) | "MKVI" PGM 2.0L CR TDi Wagon
      07-24-2012 11:41 AM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by ALRDesign View Post
      ROFL.

funny, yet true...
      a bad day in a Volkswagen, is better than a good day in a Honda...

MKII Alpine White GTi 2.0/1 16V (in the works)
      MKVI PGM 2.0L 6MT TDi Wagon (daily driver)

SLAM-N-EURO'Z

16. 05-01-2013 11:26 AM #156
      PLEASE GET RID OF THE DJ's!!!!!!!! it ruins the show by adding a ghetto factor and is a waste of your money which you could put toward lowering the the spectator only admission a bit. thanks.

Vehicles
      2000 A4, 1998 Civic, 1977 Coupe DeVille
      07-09-2013 10:10 AM #157
      The price they charge to get in to way too high. and that goes for people just coming to look around and show cars. hell they charge the same price to show a car as they do to have a vendor spot. I have got to the point that i just get a vendor spot and get a nice space all to myself
      DUB CULT l ESAD l S6 V8 6speed swapped B5 A4 l IG: mr_pq
      #hardlinesbyswoops #webuildradshiza

Vehicles
      86 Gti 92 Montana Green Gti 89 Golf gl 95 Jetta gls 00 Passat 1.8t 96 jetta gl 08 2.0t Wolfsburg
      08-12-2013 10:48 PM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
      please get rid of the dj's!!!!!!!! It ruins the show by adding a ghetto factor and is a waste of your money which you could put toward lowering the the spectator only admission a bit. Thanks.
      englishtown controls the pricing for the event not the actually people that run the show.. As far as the dj i can reach out to him and let him know to play other music ....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345