Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: MK4 GTI Front driver's side wheel sits off center in wheel well.

1. 04-15-2012 08:08 PM #1
      I'll have to upload some photos so I can explain better, but I just noticed both front wheels sit slightly more towards the front than the other side. I have Neuspeed softsport springs (only half inch drop) and Koni Yellows. The shocks/springs have been on for about a a year and a half. I don't think I noticed it before, but could this be caused by subframe shifting? I measured the space between the wheel well and the tire on the back end of the wheel well and the gap is about a third to a half inch greater on the driver's side. Any suggestions? Subframe shifting? I searched and brought up nothing. Thanks.

2. 04-17-2012 11:20 AM #2

As you can see in the photo the wheel has a very tight gap on the bumper side of the well but a larger gap on the door/fender side. Steering wheel is straight in this picture and the other side is more centered by about a half inch. D:

3. Member
      Vehicles
      N/A
      04-18-2012 12:23 AM #3
      Misaligned subframe, and/or bad lower control arm bushings, and/or bent lower control arm.

4. 04-18-2012 10:59 AM #4
      That's what I'm thinking. I have a set of oem front bushings and r32/tt rear bushings on order and i'm going to have the shop play with the subframe when they're doing the alignment after install.

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI
      10-13-2012 12:29 PM #5
      what bumper/valance is that? looks pretty good.