Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: AWE S-Flo Intake, Initial Review

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi S4
      04-17-2012 10:50 AM #1
      Quick little review, I will be making a video once my exhaust and new mic gets here as well.

Install
      Install was quick, 15 minutes or so. Everything is included, only need a few minor tools, T20, T15, pliers, flathead screwdriver. Printed instructions that came with it were very good. I really like that it looks almost stock, uses the stock airbox with a larger cone filter, and the only hint that it isn't is the large silicone hose coming from it, replacing the restricting plastic one.

Performance & Sound
      The first thing you notice right away is the supercharger. If you like the whine of a supercharger, than this is a must have, as it now becomes a bit louder, and more pronounced. I have heard both this one, and metal pipe intakes, and I prefer the sound of this one, you get a nice tone without that sound of air rushing through a metal pipe.

Performance wise, throttle response felt a hair quicker especially in dynamic mode, and around town it does feel a bit faster in the upper RPMs, although it could be the weather changing as well. Overall it was a great piece for the money, and I will get a video up soon with a mic mounted in the engine bay (I will also be doing an exhaust one in a few weeks with a mic mounted in various locations as well). Thanks to Will and Mike over at AWE for all the help in the past couple weeks of getting all my stuff on the way to me, can't wait.

2. Member
      04-17-2012 12:15 PM #2
      Which exhaust you going with? I just put a Stasis Touring on (well, my mechanic did). For me it's perfect as I did not want over the top loud, just a little more throatyness (if that's a word). Since you are local if you want to hear it let me know...

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi S4
      04-17-2012 01:10 PM #3
      It's AWE black quad tip with stock downpipes, hoping to have it here week after next.

4. Member
      04-17-2012 01:33 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Gears of Quattro View Post
      It's AWE black quad tip with stock downpipes, hoping to have it here week after next.
      Awesome. Good choice from what I have read, however was a little too aggressive sounding for my tastes. Atleast from the youtube vidoes. AWE was my next choice, but I found a killer deal on a 3 day old Stasis that a customer returned...

Vehicles
      2012 Ibis B8 S4 Prestige 6MT
      04-17-2012 04:49 PM #5
      You are gonna LOVE this exhaust.

The vids on YouTube are not accurate at all. It's very subtle at part throttle and perfect note at full throttle.

Actually - the vids for the Stasis exhaust on youtube make it sound like a canon - very loud. But I konw it's not. Most people using their cell phones or digital cameras to capture sound and it does not do any exhaust justice.

6. 04-17-2012 07:17 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by GLSVR6PWR View Post
      Which exhaust you going with? I just put a Stasis Touring on (well, my mechanic did). For me it's perfect as I did not want over the top loud, just a little more throatyness (if that's a word). Since you are local if you want to hear it let me know...
      I wish ,i could ear the touring Stasis in person but I am in So Cal !!
      How is the sound ? specialy when going up hill at 3000 rpm ?
      Do you have manual or Auto ?

7. Member
      04-17-2012 08:29 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by patinsd View Post
      I wish ,i could ear the touring Stasis in person but I am in So Cal !!
      How is the sound ? specialy when going up hill at 3000 rpm ?
      Do you have manual or Auto ?
      This thread is kind of getting off topic from the original post, I'll add this and leave it at that unless someone wants to start another exhaust thread...

Here's a quick video the installer sent me from his phone (does it no justice)...

It's a manual. Also I don't know how to answer your sound questions, you really haeve to hear it. If Gears of Quarttro wants to meet up with his video/audio equipment, I would be willing to do that.

Last edited by GLSVR6PWR; 04-17-2012 at 08:43 PM.

8. 04-18-2012 12:01 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by GLSVR6PWR View Post
      This thread is kind of getting off topic from the original post, I'll add this and leave it at that unless someone wants to start another exhaust thread...

Here's a quick video the installer sent me from his phone (does it no justice)...

It's a manual. Also I don't know how to answer your sound questions, you really haeve to hear it. If Gears of Quarttro wants to meet up with his video/audio equipment, I would be willing to do that.

Sound really good !
      I ask my service advisor at Audi to call me when he has one on site ,I am waiting .

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi S4
      04-19-2012 01:00 PM #9
      Ya I'm not sure what part you are from (not that NH is that big) but when I get it installed and figure out what day, hooking it up to another car takes next to no time. It's just a sticky pod gopro and an external mic.

10. Member
      04-19-2012 02:44 PM #10
      Ya I'm not sure what part you are from (not that NH is that big) but when I get it installed and figure out what day, hooking it up to another car takes next to no time. It's just a sticky pod gopro and an external mic.
      Manchester/Litchfield.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi S4
      04-20-2012 01:40 PM #11
      Oh haha, we may have passed each other at some point haha.