Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anything be done about reckless driving by Emergency Service Vehicles? **Dieselraver captures nut job driver on video**

Marine Park/Ozone Park NYC - Current Cars: - '12 Honda Odyssey '14 Autobahn/Nav GLI 6 M/T '01 Accord
      Vehicles
      Previous Cars: '10 Subaru Outback MT '08 BMW 328XI 6MT '08 GTI 6MT '07 Rabbit 5MT - '96 Corolla
      04-17-2012 09:54 PM #1
      So I was coming home from school tonight on the Belt Parkway in a construction zone, the construction zone is 30-35mph when out of nowhere this maniac SUV gets in my rear view, keep in mind I'm in the right lane, and he's on my ass, so I pull to the middle to let him by. Turns out its one of those private town chief's. I am shocked that he/she was driving like a maniac, I mean I am no angel but this guy is in a public service vehicle driving like an asshat, doing 75-80mph at least and there obviously is no emergency because his emergency lights aren't on. So i take out my iPhone and start recording.

I want to know is there anything that can be done to prevent or report this type of ass-hattery? He is supposedly the Rescue Chief. looks to me like he's trying to inflate his rescue numbers by causing major accidents.

This occurred in Brooklyn on the Belt Parkway on 4/17/2012 at around 9:20-9:30pm right by the Drawbridge.

I apologize for the music! it was on the radio!

thoughts? comments?

2. 04-17-2012 09:59 PM #2
      In the first video you are basically doing the same thing as him, driving the same speed etc

y u no mind own business

Marine Park/Ozone Park NYC - Current Cars: - '12 Honda Odyssey '14 Autobahn/Nav GLI 6 M/T '01 Accord
      Vehicles
      Previous Cars: '10 Subaru Outback MT '08 BMW 328XI 6MT '08 GTI 6MT '07 Rabbit 5MT - '96 Corolla
      04-17-2012 10:01 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by jason_kendall View Post
      In the first video you are basically doing the same thing as him, driving the same speed etc

y u no mind own business

that was me catching up to him! lol he cut off some car that i didnt catch on video really bad, the old guy almost lost it. usually i do mind my own business but I actually whipped out my phone to capture it. (basically it takes a lot for me to even bother)

4. 04-17-2012 10:02 PM #4
      Call the plate in for reckless driving, possible drunk driver, tell the operator you're worried this maniac might kill someone? Report your location and nearest mile marker.

Oh and I, for one, appreciate the apology for that God awful music. ;0

Vehicles
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      04-17-2012 10:06 PM #5

04-17-2012 10:07 PM #6
      Is that the Outback?

I like the gauges at night.

Oh and looks like a typical NY/NJ driver to me. I don't see anything out of the ordinary
      Sent from my brat-pad while sipping weak girly drinks over fancy brunch with a view

Vehicles
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      04-17-2012 10:08 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Is that the Outback?

Oh and looks like a typical NY/NJ driver to me. I don't see anything out of the ordinary
      Pretty much this ... I give the guy a HUGE amount of leeway ... I'd want him driving the EXACT same way to get to whatever of mine might've been in trouble/burning/help needed. The quicker the better.

Vehicles
      Mustang GT
      04-17-2012 10:12 PM #8
      in Chicago that sort of driving is.... a typical Tuesday evening.
      The good news: I gave up on being one of the cool kids!

Vehicles
      04-17-2012 10:12 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by seadoo2006 View Post
      Pretty much this ... I give the guy a HUGE amount of leeway ... I'd want him driving the EXACT same way to get to whatever of mine might've been in trouble/burning/help needed. The quicker the better.

see i'd feel the same way... except this is Brooklyn. Atlantic Beach is the other direction. Also Atlantic Beach is a private or town county I believe its Nassau County not part of NYC EMS or any Emergency Response. basically this guy was either off the clock/not on duty or just using the Rescue Vehicle for his own means.

Vehicles
      04-17-2012 10:12 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Is that the Outback?

lol yes it is my outback. if you listen, you can hear my engine going. I believe I was in 4th or 5th trying to catch up to him.

11. 04-17-2012 10:32 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by dieselraver View Post
      that was me catching up to him! lol he cut off some car that i didnt catch on video really bad, the old guy almost lost it. usually i do mind my own business but I actually whipped out my phone to capture it. (basically it takes a lot for me to even bother)
      im just messing with you

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta VR6
      04-17-2012 10:33 PM #12
      This reminds me of something that happened to me a few weeks ago. I was driving down a busy two lane road (one lane in each direction) when out of nowhere in the middle of the street I see the side profile of a black and white crown vic. I had to SLAM on the breaks, barely missing this guy. The cop was coming in the other direction, when he decided it would be a good idea to just bust a u-turn in the middle of the road, without turning on his lights, not even a friggin turn signal. Then he sped off, turned on his lights and pulled someone over a little further down the road. I practically hit him, and when I hit the brakes the car behind me almost hit me. I realize he had important cop crap to attend to but this was just reckless and unacceptable.

Vehicles
      1991 GTI 16v, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
      04-17-2012 11:04 PM #13
      Um, that's about 10% of daily traffic here. 50% of traffic don't signal here in LA. Which drives me NUTS!!

Vehicles
      06 Stage 2 GTI, 82 Stage 3 G60 Rabbit, 85 F-250
      04-17-2012 11:36 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by jason_kendall View Post

y u no mind own business
      Don't forget using the phone to record video while doing it :-)
      Team Reaper of the BABE 2012 road rally proudly supports Susan G. Komen for the cure in memory of my Mother, who lost her fight with breast cancer in 2003
      Please go to our team donation page to make a donation to help end breast cancer forever!

15. 04-17-2012 11:47 PM #15
      I got cut off pretty badly a couple days ago by an unmarked impala a couple days, I saw the lights from a cop car and another car in front so I moved to the right and slowed down on the highway and then as they flew by the unmarked car just switches lane right in front of me. He must've been no more than 5 feet from my bumper when he cut me off.
      Need detailing work done, PM me...located in central jersey!

Vehicles
      That there's an RV, Clark
      04-17-2012 11:56 PM #16
      "So i'm driving near the draw bridge tonight and this ******* Rescue Chief blows past me.

That isn't even the WORST part, some ******* was right behind him absolutely flying while holding onto the steering wheel with one hand and his cell phone in the other. I think they were street racing and the tail car was making a video of it."

Vehicles
      04-18-2012 12:04 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      "So i'm driving near the draw bridge tonight and this ******* Rescue Chief blows past me.

That isn't even the WORST part, some ******* was right behind him absolutely flying while holding onto the steering wheel with one hand and his cell phone in the other. I think they were street racing and the tail car was making a video of it."
      Those damn BMW hipsters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my U S Robotics 14,400 baud modem on aol 2.5

Vehicles
      MTA
      04-18-2012 12:42 AM #18
      Send the video and your description to the police station's general contact. I've done this for local cops who were driving unsafely and ALWAYS got an email back and a thank you.

That sort of driving, especially for someone in his position, is uncalled for.

Vehicles
      1990 BMW 325i
      04-18-2012 12:59 AM #19
      I actually was really shaken up by a police car a couple months ago and I happened to be rolling video. Windows open in light rain at night, I just randomly started filming at a red light waiting to turn left onto a bridge. I got the arrow and proceeded but my attention was drawn to the right. At about 90kph, close to double the speed limit, a cop blatantly blew the red light with his lights on but no sirens. The video is pretty useless because I dropped the phone in order to react when I saw the cop coming but I was really bothered. By the time I picked up my phone he was very far away which keyed into how was he was going at night, in the rain with no siren, through a red light, towards traffic turning with an arrow...
      3 + 3 + 3 = NEIN!

20. 04-18-2012 01:04 AM #20
      Call the Department, city, city manager, etc. My dad is a firefighter of over 30 years, and I've ridden with him on many, many responses (has light/siren/opticom equipped personal use vehicle, so he gets called out while out and about with me sometimes). He doesn't drive like that even on urgent calls. Totally unacceptable and unsafe.

Vehicles
      2010 CSG GTI, 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT
      04-18-2012 01:16 AM #21
      Hey guys I was driving down the freeway tonight, and there was some nutjob driving a Subaru chasing a rescue vehicle while holding a phone. But it's okay because he made a point on the internet.
      Past: 1998 Accord V6 LX
      2007 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 2-24-11)
      2009 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 9-19-11)

22. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      04-18-2012 02:04 AM #22
      you sound like i thought you would lol

i can picture you raising your hands up and shaking your head at people

Vehicles
      66Bug, 05Cavvy
      04-18-2012 02:05 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post
      I got cut off pretty badly a couple days ago by an unmarked impala a couple days, I saw the lights from a cop car and another car in front so I moved to the right and slowed down on the highway and then as they flew by the unmarked car just switches lane right in front of me. He must've been no more than 5 feet from my bumper when he cut me off.
      If he was going faster than you, it's not cutting you off. It's just changing lanes.

24. 04-18-2012 02:10 AM #24
      A Lincoln deliberately tried to run me off the interstate. He didn't realize his car was actually slower than a 95hp Corvair, and I quickly got on his bumper to get the tag#. I called the Atlanta police and they said they would get him.

After I hung up, I realized he had not asked me where I was or which direction I was going.

Just forget about it and hope he gets caught by regular channels.

Vehicles
      2008 9-3 2.0t
      04-18-2012 06:27 AM #25
      who cares?

Vehicles
      04-18-2012 08:10 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by S0RRY View Post
      who cares?
      No offense but you should. What if he caused a huge accident? Is he above the law? Do the rules of a narrow construction zone not apply to him? I'm all for being easy going in terms of speed and such even more so for ems fdny and nypd but when your actions are aggressive, intimidating and downright careless all without a true emergency then someone should speak up and say something. As a tax payer YOU should care. As a citizen it's your duty to be a responsible one. If this guy caused an accident that put that old guy in the hospital you wouldn't be singing the same tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my U S Robotics 14,400 baud modem on aol 2.5

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      04-18-2012 08:35 AM #27
      No offense but you should. What if he caused a huge accident? Is he above the law? Do the rules of a narrow construction zone not apply to him? I'm all for being easy going in terms of speed and such even more so for ems fdny and nypd but when your actions are aggressive, intimidating and downright careless all without a true emergency then someone should speak up and say something. As a tax payer YOU should care. As a citizen it's your duty to be a responsible one. If this guy caused an accident that put that old guy in the hospital you wouldn't be singing the same tune

It's absolutely a duty to care and report dangerous driving. The problem you're running into posting this here is you didn't catch the near accidents or anything that really worried you about his driving, at least from what I've seen. Yes, he's speeding, and weaving through traffic without a signal, but you following behind him, cell phone in hand, isn't any safer.

Vehicles
      04-18-2012 08:43 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      It's absolutely a duty to care and report dangerous driving. The problem you're running into posting this here is you didn't catch the near accidents or anything that really worried you about his driving, at least from what I've seen. Yes, he's speeding, and weaving through traffic without a signal, but you following behind him, cell phone in hand, isn't any safer.

so the multiple traffic infractions he did that were captured on video is not a strong evidence of reckless driving is what you are saying? I needed to catch him actually causing an accident before it is a problem?

29. 04-18-2012 08:50 AM #29
      Send the video to the local news station they love this stuff.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      04-18-2012 09:04 AM #30
      so the multiple traffic infractions he did that were captured on video is not a strong evidence of reckless driving is what you are saying? I needed to catch him actually causing an accident before it is a problem?
      Absolutely not what I said. I think you need to breathe.

Vehicles
      Acura TSX, E90
      04-18-2012 09:15 AM #31
      You are breaking the traffic laws yourself in that video. You are not a cop so don't act like one. Call it in next time and let the NYPD do their job. BTW you recorded yourself speeding through a construction zone.

32. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 GTI Tornado Red
      04-18-2012 09:32 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      You are breaking the traffic laws yourself in that video. You are not a cop so don't act like one. Call it in next time and let the NYPD do their job. BTW you recorded yourself speeding through a construction zone.
      DING DING DING... We have a winner... This exactly... We don't need another trayvon on our hands...

Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      04-18-2012 09:38 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

Vehicles
      2013 FR-S, 2011 Outlander XLS, Gone: 10 Santa Fe, 08 Legacy, 02 Jetta
      04-18-2012 12:16 PM #34
      Sorry buddy but YOU looked to be more of a menace than him. I dare you to send that video in to the local PD. Get a dash cam if you want to be a local watchman.

Vehicles
      04-18-2012 02:34 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Khyron View Post
      Sorry buddy but YOU looked to be more of a menace than him. I dare you to send that video in to the local PD. Get a dash cam if you want to be a local watchman.
      Khyron.
      1. I am not your buddy.
      2. I looked to be more of a menace? do tell me how. Did I capture myself weaving in and out of traffic? I'd love to hear this argument.
      3. apparently reading>you. I didn't say I wanted to be a local watchman. If you learned to read you'd see why I decided to capture this guy doing what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by seroki View Post
      DING DING DING... We have a winner... This exactly... We don't need another trayvon on our hands...
      Trayvon? I didn't realize this guy had a hoodie on and was eating skittles

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      So what? This guy isn't a cop either. he is Rescue Chief. meaning he is probably a paramedic at best. not Fire Rescue or Police Rescue. simply put a Rescue Chief.

I may not be a genius but from what I remember a rescue Chief is supposed to rescue people in danger, not put them in it.

typical TCL keyboard jocky's I didn't expect much less than this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast