Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Had to say goodbye to our girl, Luna.

04-18-2012 01:22 AM #1
      On Easter night my wife and I were dropping off our Bullmastiff, Luna, at her Grandma's house for a trip out to see my father who is not doing too well at 85. Before we left Luna started coughing up blood and we rushed her to the emergency vet. Turns out she had advanced lung cancer, the x-ray was completely white. We took her to our vet on Monday and made the decision to put her down. She was happy and appeared to be pain free at the time. Our vet told us that at 10 years old she was the equivalent of 90 for her breed and that chemotherapy would not be a good option. It would make her suffer and had very low probability to help with the cancer that advanced. This was our second dog and second Bullmastiff and was just as tough as the first time. Truly the only bad thing about having a dog is that this moment will inevitably arrive.

Here is her last pic, that morning at the vet, she was as happy as always to go and see all her friends there.

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit
      04-18-2012 01:32 AM #2
      I'm sorry to hear that. I know what its like to make the decision to put a dog down that's been so close to you for so many years. I had a 12 year old American stafforshire terrier (how ever its spelled) that eventually got in pretty bad shape. We had to pick him up and put him on his feet every time he layed down just so he could go outside to pee. After awhile we had no choice but to put him down.
      Replica wheels are like fake boobs. They look good on the outside, but when it comes to quality, Nothing beats the real thing.
      Instagram: BriarGW
      YOLO is GAY
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Mkv View Post
      Low and slow my friend.

Vehicles
      13 JSW TDI, 04 Saab 9-5 Arc SC, 93 S4, 02 Ninja 250
      05-10-2012 10:44 AM #3
      sorry for the loss.

we have two dogs right now, one is a little over 9... hoping she makes it to 15 or so, and she seems healthy enough to do so, but totally not looking forward to the eventual time when we will be without her.

my neighbors suddenly lost their dog, 9yr old husky, yesterday... so this post hits close to home. not my dog but i have known him for 7 yrs and after i heard the news i got a little teary eyed and have felt down ever since. gonna miss him.
      epitome
      "Not everything you eat has to, or should, taste really f*cking awesome. Sometimes you need to eat 'boring' food to stay healthy.

2.0 TDI "BHW" engine partout - @tdiclub @vwvortex

4. 05-10-2012 04:41 PM #4
      I'm sorry for your loss, I know it's the hardest thing to do. I had to put down my pitubll 3 years ago, and to this day it hurts me. I miss him so much.

5. 05-15-2012 12:23 PM #5

Vehicles
      2012 Mitsu Evo GSR (his) & 2003 PT GT (mine)
      05-16-2012 06:48 AM #6
      Sorry to hear. But you made the ultimate responsible decision as a pet owner.

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World
      06-27-2012 10:18 PM #7
      I've only cried once in my adult life and that was while putting my Golden Retriever down. So sad.

Two months late, but sorry OP.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      2012 stg2+ GTI, 2008 mitsu EVOX IG: GTI_zks
      06-29-2012 08:31 AM #8
      thats a beautiful dog, sorry for the loss.

06-29-2012 07:53 PM #9
      I've been taking care of my father after a stroke and I finally made it home after 2 months. First time home since Luna's passing. Damn it was hard walking into the house and not see here running up to greet me.

Once again thanks for the kind words.