Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Mid America Motorworks Funfest For Beetle- Effingham, Illinois June 1-3, 2012

1. 04-18-2012 02:49 PM #1
      This is supposed to be an air-cooled-specific Beetle event, but many New Beetles have been showing up for years, and I would suspect now, even some 2012s will be there. Is anyone here planning on going?

The more water-cooled Beetles that show up, the more likely MA Motorworks will give in and refer to this as an all-Beetle event. They used to even carry aftermarket parts for NBs but stopped around 2002 or 2003. For those who may not know, their other specialty is Corvettes, and they have an all-Vette show at a different time.

Usually, about 1200-1300 Beetles show up. In fact, this is the biggest Beetle show in the Midwest. Of those 1200-1300 Bugs in attendance, I would guess maybe 100 water-cooled Beetles come there each year as well.

Let's crash this party with modern Beetles!

Vehicles
      2014 BEETLE GSR
      04-18-2012 10:47 PM #2

KNEWBUG

3. 04-18-2012 11:10 PM #3
      yall show is kind of like our show.....except this is a VW show....but about 80% of them r beetles...

http://www.texasvwclassic.com/

someone needs to do a NATIONWIDE BEETLE show......now that would be EPIC!!!!!

4. Member
      04-19-2012 05:11 PM #4
      I went for a few years and it's a great time. Actually it's one of the only shows I'd make any effort to go to anymore just because of the variety of cars there.

5. 04-19-2012 07:19 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by 210thumper View Post
      yall show is kind of like our show.....except this is a VW show....but about 80% of them r beetles...

http://www.texasvwclassic.com/

someone needs to do a NATIONWIDE BEETLE show......now that would be EPIC!!!!!
      This show in Texas sounds like a great time. I may try to see if I can pull that off next year.