Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Touareg V8 dies and will restart

Vehicles
      Golf R Rising Blue
      04-18-2012 06:55 PM #1
      Yesterday when I came to a stop within a few seconds the RPMs begin to drop and I feel a vibration from the exhaust as the engine cut out. I can restart the car but if I am not moving it will die again. I managed to restart the car a couple times to get it home. I had it towed to the dealer this morning and they are unable to replicate the problem. They tested fuel pressure and scanned the car. No codes and fuel pressure is good.

From what I read in the forums, this tends to be a fuel relay or fuel pump. Should I be worried that this may occur again? I have a road trip coming up soon. I was also told that something in the fuel line could have stalled the engine.

2. 04-20-2012 04:48 PM #2
      hard to tell with no codes set, but it sounds like yo could keep it running with the accelerator depressed, but engine would stall at idle. All I can suggest is to check all vacuum hoses.

Not sure if broken intake runner control arms could cause this, but check those in fornt of intake manifold. The horizontal rods connected to the vacuum controls should rotate and the plastic arms should not be broken. This is a common problem, but doesn't seem to always cause stalling.

Vehicles
      Golf R Rising Blue
      04-20-2012 05:15 PM #3
      I picked up my car from the dealer. They ran fuel pressure checks while driving and couldn't find any anomalies. One this I did notice was a lower idle RPM, in Drive it sits at 500 RPM. Is this normal, I haven't pay attention to this before?

I don't know the problem, but it hasn't repeated itself. Should I have any trouble driving on the highway if it's fuel related? I don't want it to stall at highway speeds and lose power steering.