Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been tuned for 3 weeks.....cars dead

Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T GLS
      05-04-2012 02:56 PM #36
      This is the second mk6 Gti I've heard about where the PCM takes a **** after receiving and APR tune. We had one here at Gebhardt a few months back. Idk about that APR business. I'm personally gonna go with united motorsports' tune on my passat. Seeing as how they have one of the top programmers in the nation.

Vehicles
      2012 CW GTI
      05-04-2012 09:17 PM #37
      Final update: I got the car back and im not paying a dime. Avalon is giving me a refund on the tune and replaced the ECM and did all the labor at no charge. As of right now the car is going back to stock and will stay that way for awhile.

As to what caused the failure is still unknown to me but to be honest, I dont care. It got handled professionally and it didn't cost me anything but a little bit of time.
      2012 CW GTI:REVO Stage 2 w/ full bolt ons

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI
      05-06-2012 12:04 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by StylinVR6 View Post
      Final update: I got the car back and im not paying a dime. Avalon is giving me a refund on the tune and replaced the ECM and did all the labor at no charge. As of right now the car is going back to stock and will stay that way for awhile.

As to what caused the failure is still unknown to me but to be honest, I dont care. It got handled professionally and it didn't cost me anything but a little bit of time.
      Glad to hear you got the car back. I hated the fact I was without mine for 4 months. Saw you cruising down Ventura about 2 hrs ago as I was walking my pup.

Vehicles
      05-07-2012 10:20 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDÜB View Post
      This is the second mk6 Gti I've heard about where the PCM takes a **** after receiving and APR tune. We had one here at Gebhardt a few months back. Idk about that APR business. I'm personally gonna go with united motorsports' tune on my passat. Seeing as how they have one of the top programmers in the nation.
      I dont think its an APR issue. We have multiple MK6 with other chip companies with dead ecu's now.

Its a risk you take when the ecu has to be opened up to have pins jumped to access flashing. If anything we can blame stupid VAG for putting all these protections on the ecu's to not allow flashing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12