Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: :: ECS Tuning :: Tiguan Blind Spot Mirrors - Now Available !!!

1. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      04-19-2012 11:54 AM #1

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Tiguan Blind Spot Mirrors -

Horn blasts and sideswipe near misses during lane changes are scary stuff. If you're lucky, all you get is a massive dose of horn before swerving back to your own lane.

Where did HE come from?

Heated Blind Spot mirrors expand your rear vision area to include that guy shadowing your quarter panel.

These are easy to install, look good, and make merging with traffic a non-contact sport.

http://www.ecstuning.com
      :: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      04-19-2012 04:32 PM #2
      Where were you a month ago??? I had to pay $155.00+shipping for mine I wish I waited a little. It's nice to know you guys have them now. This is one mod everyone should do
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

Vehicles
      2012 VW Tiguan S
      04-19-2012 06:05 PM #3
      TiGSEL, I'm so used to looking over my shoulder to check my blindspot. I didn't even know these mirrors existed. Do they really eliminate the need to check your blindspot? If so, I think I'm definitely gonna order some up!

Vehicles
      04-19-2012 07:03 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by brandongomez View Post
      TiGSEL, I'm so used to looking over my shoulder to check my blindspot. I didn't even know these mirrors existed. Do they really eliminate the need to check your blindspot? If so, I think I'm definitely gonna order some up!
      Yip, these are great, it takes a few days to get used to them since the images in your left mirror are now smaller but in return you get a much wider view just like you see on the ECS advertising page. I'd say give it a try you won't regret it.
      My build thread:

Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      04-19-2012 07:51 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by brandongomez View Post
      This was the first thing I bought for my Tiguan.. they have paid for them self's about 20 times..

Vehicles
      2012 VW Tiguan S
      04-20-2012 01:06 AM #6
      Nice. Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I might have to pick up a pair soon.

Any tips on installing them? If you installed them yourselves, what'd you use to remove the original mirrors?

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 02:02 AM #7
      Your fingers. Tilt it all the way to the right (left mirror), tilt the right mirror all the way to the left, pull the old ones out push the new ones in and don't forget the heating wires. Super simple mod
      Last edited by TIGSEL; 04-20-2012 at 02:05 AM.
      My build thread:

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI
      04-20-2012 06:13 AM #8
      I have them for my Golf, they do work. However, I think the Golf ones are from the UK/right side vehicle, so they sit weird in the housings. The left is at the limit tucked in at the outside edge and the right is the opposite of sticking out on the outside edge. I would want them for the Tig since the mirrors are on the small side, but not if they are similar. I'll live with looking over my shoulder if that's the case.

ECS - are these UK spec mirrors?

Vehicles
      2012 VW Tiguan S
      04-20-2012 10:48 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGSEL View Post
      Your fingers. Tilt it all the way to the right (left mirror), tilt the right mirror all the way to the left, pull the old ones out push the new ones in and don't forget the heating wires. Super simple mod
      Didn't realize it was that simple. Thanks!

10. 04-20-2012 01:13 PM #10
      Ordered. Now please import the RLine door sills and rear cargo hatch protector and I'll buy those to

11. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      04-23-2012 09:49 AM #11
      Thanks for the orders and feedback everyone!

Correct UK spec

Andy
      Last edited by ECS Tuning; 04-23-2012 at 09:59 AM.

:: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

04-27-2012 02:59 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGSEL View Post
      Yip, these are great, it takes a few days to get used to them since the images in your left mirror are now smaller but in return you get a much wider view just like you see on the ECS advertising page. I'd say give it a try you won't regret it.
      Installed the new mirrors from ECS. Very easy install! I like the wider view, although you were right. The smaller wider view in the left mirror takes some getting used to!

13. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      04-27-2012 09:37 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by cooltiguan11 View Post
      Installed the new mirrors from ECS. Very easy install! I like the wider view, although you were right. The smaller wider view in the left mirror takes some getting used to!
      Thanks for the order!