Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Results 126 to 150 of 177

    Thread: IL 2013 Acura ILX First Drive

    1. Member a2a4raddo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2001
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      19,818
      Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      04-23-2012 01:38 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post
      My complaint dealt with a 2.0L premium ILX to a base TSX. There is no need to pull in TSX V6 prices to detract from that. If you want to reply to my criticism, then stick to it. What exactly does a ILX premium have that a base TSX doesn't other than the few things that you mentioned? And that's less than a $1,000 difference and a 50hp handicap. Show me a similarly equipped 3-series starting that close to a similarly equipped 5-series where the 3 doesn't come with a bigger engine.
      Actually what you said is that there is more overlap with the ILX & TSX then there is in other sgements. Not true. You also said the ILX gives you roughly the same features and less hp..i simply stated that you actually get more features in the ILX for less money.

      ILX 2.0L Premium: $30,095
      TSX Base: $30,905

      ILX has these following features that the TSX lacks,
      -Keyless Entry & Ignition
      -Multi View Rear View Camera
      -Pandora
      -Better Fuel Economy
      -SMS Text Function

      If you want a 6MT, the diff in price is larger
      ILX 2.4L Premium: $30,095
      TSX SE: $31,905

      and the ILX 2.4L still has the same advantages a 2.0L has over a base TSX.

      I'm also going to go ahead and guess the ILX may actually have a better ride because of the reactive dampers which the TSX does not have.


      In other words, there is zero overlap if you are lookcing at these specific models. And a smaller overlap then from other competitors if you are looking at all trim levels.

    2. Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      13,934
      04-23-2012 02:11 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      Correct. GTR and I were comparing the ILX to the TSX in regards to feature content/price.

      As for your other coment. As has been pointed out (several times already) that same comparo can be made with any luxury brand entry level vs other compacts. Wether it be the Lexus CT, Audi A3, or Acura ILX. Not sure why you keep bringin it up as if we did not discuss this already.
      And I have never said I'm a fan of the A3.

      Acura it seems has to learn what Lexus already learned with the HS.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

    3. Member jepva's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond, VA
      Posts
      2,088
      Vehicles
      '14 Lexus GX460, '14 GLI Autobahn
      04-23-2012 02:45 PM #128
      While the A3 and CT200h may be considered better options at first glance, they are both priced higher and the average equipped prices are well north of $30k. I would reckon the average ILX will be sold under the $30k threshold.

      The card that Acura holds is financing. With their low rates and high residuals this will likely be a volume mover with something like a $249/month lease deal, and I'm sure they'll be some generous dealer cash. At that price point it's not a bad deal. The problem with cars like the Focus is that sure, you can get the loaded Titanium for $25k which will have about everything as the ILX, but the financing won't line up as well as the Acura. The Focus' are only a good deal if you get a Base or a middle trim level, same for the Jetta.

      Although I still don't see where the 2.4 will fit alongside the TSX, because for $30k you can get a TSX SE 6MT and have more features than the ILX will come with. My only thinking is they have new plans for the TSX and they will bump the price for the 2013 MY.

    4. Member a2a4raddo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2001
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      19,818
      Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      04-23-2012 02:55 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by jepva View Post
      Although I still don't see where the 2.4 will fit alongside the TSX, because for $30k you can get a TSX SE 6MT and have more features than the ILX will come with. My only thinking is they have new plans for the TSX and they will bump the price for the 2013 MY.
      The TSX SE costs $1,800 more and has fewer features then an ILX 2.4 Premium. So more features, less money, quicker and better real world fuel economy (ILX is lighter).

      TSX is going away for the 2014 MY is my guess. Accord is going global, Acura is making a TLX to replace both the TL & TSX. I'm guessing the TSX will be around for 1 more model year.

    5. Member gti5dr06's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2006
      Posts
      1,942
      Vehicles
      2014 Cappuccino shawty, 2008 silver family thing
      04-23-2012 03:05 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      The TSX SE costs $1,800 more and has fewer features then an ILX 2.4 Premium. So more features, less money, quicker and better real world fuel economy (ILX is lighter).

      TSX is going away for the 2014 MY is my guess. Accord is going global, Acura is making a TLX to replace both the TL & TSX. I'm guessing the TSX will be around for 1 more model year.
      i wonder if that means the TLX will eventually get a trickle down version of the RLX powertrain in a smaller package ala current TL SHAWD, but in a car slightly larger than the current TSX.
      Quote Originally Posted by konigwheels View Post
      Wow, it amazes me that we have children in here that can't read a couple paragraphs. No wonder America's doing so well in education! Can't take the time to read, but sure can find the time to post. Self indulgence at it's finest.

      TL;DR should be banned and changed to ID;CR or I'm dumb, can't read.

    6. Member jepva's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond, VA
      Posts
      2,088
      Vehicles
      '14 Lexus GX460, '14 GLI Autobahn
      04-23-2012 03:27 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      The TSX SE costs $1,800 more and has fewer features then an ILX 2.4 Premium. So more features, less money, quicker and better real world fuel economy (ILX is lighter).

      TSX is going away for the 2014 MY is my guess. Accord is going global, Acura is making a TLX to replace both the TL & TSX. I'm guessing the TSX will be around for 1 more model year.
      For only $1800 more it would seem a no-brainer to move up to the TSX to me. What extra features exactly do you get with the ILX Premium? I could care less about the multi-view backup camera (as long as there's a regular view) and the TSX actually comes standard with the ILX's upgraded audio system. And don't forget the standard HID's. The stuff you listed is just gimmicky tech bits that would likely be on the next MY TSX anyways. I get the whole economy part, but the TSX is still a nicer and bigger car. I could care less that the ILX with the 2.4 might go 0-60 a tenth of a second quicker. The ILX has a inferior suspension, it doesn't get the double wishbone front like the TSX.

      Like I said earlier, I heard the TSX is not going away. Acura wanted to add more sedans, not take one away.
      Last edited by jepva; 04-23-2012 at 03:30 PM.

    7. Member rlaltiowner05's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 21st, 2005
      Location
      Milwaukee, Wisconsin
      Posts
      553
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fusion SE 1.6t/6spd manual, 2007 Honda Accord EX-L, 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S
      04-23-2012 03:35 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      Actually what you said is that there is more overlap with the ILX & TSX then there is in other sgements. Not true. You also said the ILX gives you roughly the same features and less hp..i simply stated that you actually get more features in the ILX for less money.

      ILX 2.0L Premium: $30,095
      TSX Base: $30,905

      ILX has these following features that the TSX lacks,
      -Keyless Entry & Ignition
      -Multi View Rear View Camera
      -Pandora
      -Better Fuel Economy
      -SMS Text Function

      If you want a 6MT, the diff in price is larger
      ILX 2.4L Premium: $30,095
      TSX SE: $31,905

      and the ILX 2.4L still has the same advantages a 2.0L has over a base TSX.

      I'm also going to go ahead and guess the ILX may actually have a better ride because of the reactive dampers which the TSX does not have.


      In other words, there is zero overlap if you are lookcing at these specific models. And a smaller overlap then from other competitors if you are looking at all trim levels.
      Keyless access is the only thing of real importance to me on that list other than that, the larger interior size, better interior design and better interior materials, memory driver's seat and outside mirrors, and more standard power seem more compelling to me than choosing the ILX, we'll see which side the consumers choose but for me, and apparently Autoblog (and a few other reviews) the ILX comes off as overpriced for what you get in relation to the ILX's true competitor (The Verano) other competitors (Focus, Mazda3) and Acura's own TSX.

      Give it a more powerful base engine, more feature content and keep the price the same and I'd consider one, hopefully when the ED engines get here some of my complaints will get addressed.
      Past: 2007 Honda Accord EX-L 5MT, 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S, 1991 Honda Accord EX
      Present: 2014 Ford Fusion SE 1.6t 6spd manual
      Future: 2018 Ford Mustang 2.3t 6spd manual

    8. Member a2a4raddo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2001
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      19,818
      Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      04-23-2012 04:11 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by jepva View Post
      For only $1800 more it would seem a no-brainer to move up to the TSX to me. What extra features exactly do you get with the ILX Premium? I could care less about the multi-view backup camera (as long as there's a regular view) and the TSX actually comes standard with the ILX's upgraded audio system. And don't forget the standard HID's. The stuff you listed is just gimmicky tech bits that would likely be on the next MY TSX anyways. I get the whole economy part, but the TSX is still a nicer and bigger car. I could care less that the ILX with the 2.4 might go 0-60 a tenth of a second quicker. The ILX has a inferior suspension, it doesn't get the double wishbone front like the TSX.

      Like I said earlier, I heard the TSX is not going away. Acura wanted to add more sedans, not take one away.
      You get Pandora, SMS Text, Keyless entry with Push button start, and a multi view camera vs no camera in the TSX.

      The TSX is going away. The TSX is a rebadged Euro Honda Accord. Both this generation and the last. There won't be a Euro Accord to give Acura. The Accord is going Global (as it once was). Acura is replacing the current TL with a smaller TL (similiar in size to the 04-08). That car will be called the TLX. With the new TLX and new ILX, where does that leave the TSX? Especially considering Honda will be selling the euro (global) Accord stateside next year.

      Acura did not directly state they are doing away with the TSX. But putting two and two together...you can figure out that 2013 will likely be the TSX's final MY (5 year life span per gen for the TL & TSX).


      Lastly, the TSX does have a better suspension set up for track use, but will that translate to better on street driving? The ILX gets reactive dampers the TSX does not.

    9. Member a2a4raddo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2001
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      19,818
      Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      04-23-2012 04:15 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by rlaltiowner05 View Post
      Give it a more powerful base engine, more feature content and keep the price the same and I'd consider one, hopefully when the ED engines get here some of my complaints will get addressed.
      I agree. The ILX is overpriced. But still offers more feature content for less money then the TSX..which is the point i'm making.

      They should have released this car withthe new ED engines, but for whatever reason...they rushed the car...even though the TSX is still going to be around for another MY.

    10. Member GTRaavv's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2009
      Posts
      6,830
      Vehicles
      2013 Range Rover Evoque
      04-23-2012 04:21 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      Actually what you said is that there is more overlap with the ILX & TSX then there is in other sgements. Not true.
      But you've failed to name another luxury car company that has only an $800 difference between a lesser model with 50 less hp and barely any "real" additional features. So just because you say it isn't true doesn't mean it isn't.

      You also said the ILX gives you roughly the same features and less hp..i simply stated that you actually get more features in the ILX for less money.

      ILX 2.0L Premium: $30,095
      TSX Base: $30,905

      ILX has these following features that the TSX lacks,
      -Keyless Entry & Ignition
      -Multi View Rear View Camera
      -Pandora
      -Better Fuel Economy
      -SMS Text Function
      This isn't an extensive list of additional features (grasping for straws with better fuel economy), especially not to justify the smaller size and hp. I'd also wait and see how the interior compares between the two because the TSX has a very solid interior. Same goes for handling - the TSX has always done great at that. This really isn't even worth debating because as we both know, the TSX is done. But I still feel that with the ILX you're getting 3/4ths a TSX for 9.5/10ths the money.

    11. Member a2a4raddo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2001
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      19,818
      Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      04-23-2012 04:27 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post
      But you've failed to name another luxury car company that has only an $800 difference between a lesser model with 50 less hp and barely any "real" additional features. So just because you say it isn't true doesn't mean it isn't.


      This isn't an extensive list of additional features (grasping for straws with better fuel economy), especially not to justify the smaller size and hp. I'd also wait and see how the interior compares between the two because the TSX has a very solid interior. Same goes for handling - the TSX has always done great at that. This really isn't even worth debating because as we both know, the TSX is done. But you have done nothing to change by opinion that the ILX is 3/4ths a TSX for 9.5/10ths the money.
      I didnt fail to mention anything. I simply corrected the misinformation you posted. You twisting your words to be right doesnt make you right. Point, Blank, Period.

      The overlap is larger btwn other luxury manufacturers. You said it wasnt. It is. Thats my point.

      I also showed that the cheaper car actually has more feature content. Im not grasping at any straws. I'm simply naming the extra features which the ILX has in response to you claiming it basically came with the same features. It does, and then some. They are very real. Wether or not you or i value them is something entirely different. But it still does not change the fact that they exist on the lesser/cheaper model but not on the TSX.

      I never claimed the ILX was more then 3/4 TSX for 9/10th's the money. So its a moot point. I did claim it costs less money and offers more feature content...which it does. Is it worth the asking price? No, i don't think it is. But MSRP doesnt really matter anyway. Its all going to come down to special APR's and Lease deals at the end of the day with this car. If Acura is smart enough, they wont increase price once the new ED engines are introduced to the ILX and the TSX is gone.
      Last edited by a2a4raddo; 04-23-2012 at 05:09 PM.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2007
      Location
      Calgary, AB
      Posts
      641
      Vehicles
      2013 335i x-drive
      04-23-2012 05:01 PM #137
      I was just beaten to the punch above by some other posters, but I think a lot of people underestimate how cheaply Acura's lease compared to the competition as well. They will have considerably higher residuals and better rates than the competition (well rates on the American stuff will likely be comparable, but will be blown away on residuals.)

      The majority of car buyers shop for payments, so the playing field is skewed towards Acura's favor as well there. These cars that are such better buys will be hundreds more a month, doesn't make it so comparable then in many purchasers eyes.
      Last edited by Prail11; 04-23-2012 at 05:04 PM.

    13. Member GTRaavv's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2009
      Posts
      6,830
      Vehicles
      2013 Range Rover Evoque
      04-23-2012 05:17 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      I didnt fail to mention anything. I simply corrected the misinformation you posted. You twisting your words to be right doesnt make you right. Point, Blank, Period.

      The overlap is larger btwn other luxury manufacturers. You said it wasnt. It is. Thats my point.
      And yet you haven't posted one brand where a lesser model with substantially lower horsepower and minimal extra features is that close in price. Until you do you haven't corrected anything. Point, Blank, Period. And you were the one who brought in the word "overlap." My initial comment that you quoted was that the ILX was too expensive compared to the TSX which even Acura seems to acknowledge is a class below the TSX. So I'm not the one who can't follow the discussion.

      I also showed that the cheaper car actually has more feature content. Im not grasping at any straws. I'm simply naming the extra features which the ILX has in response to you claiming it basically came with the same features. It does, and then some. They are very real. Wether or not you or i value them is something entirely different. But it still does not change the fact that they exist on the lesser/cheaper model but not on the TSX.
      Again they are minimal at best and some of them are either soon to be federally mandated or are nonsensical to mention - like higher mileage. It's nothing like a loaded 3-series to a base 5-series. And they are offset by it being a smaller car with substantially less horsepower.

      I never claimed the TSX was more then 3/4 TSX for 9/10th's the money. So its a moot point. I did claim it costs less money and offers more feature content...which it does. Is it worth the asking price? No, i don't think it is. But MSRP doesnt really matter anyway. Its all going to come down to special APR's and Lease deals at the end of the day with this car. If Acura is smart enough, they wont increase price once the new ED engines are introduced to the ILX and the TSX is gone.
      Then you are doing nothing but arguing for argument's sake because that was the point of my initial comment. You want to make a big deal out of the fact I don't think text messaging and Pandora make up for the substantial disadvantages the ILX has compared to the TSX. Seems like a lot of hoopla for such a minor point.

    14. Member a2a4raddo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2001
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      19,818
      Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      04-23-2012 06:09 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post
      And yet you haven't posted one brand where a lesser model with substantially lower horsepower and minimal extra features is that close in price. Until you do you haven't corrected anything. Point, Blank, Period.
      Actually i have. I corrected the misinformation you posted about price overlap. Now you are back peddling and changing your tone so you can be right.

      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post
      Again they are minimal at best and some of them are either soon to be federally mandated or are nonsensical to mention - like higher mileage.
      Push button start, Pandora, SMS Text, & Multi View Back Up Camera will be federally mandated? When? Source?

      Minimal or not, they exist. They are features not present on the TSX at any price. Again....i corrected you and now you are back peddling in an attempt to be right about something you were clearly wrong about. And as i stated, wether or not these features are "minimal" or of value to you or i is besides the point. They exist on the lesser and cheaper ILX, but not on the TSX (at any price).

      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post
      Then you are doing nothing but arguing for argument's sake because that was the point of my initial comment. You want to make a big deal out of the fact I don't think text messaging and Pandora make up for the substantial disadvantages the ILX has compared to the TSX. Seems like a lot of hoopla for such a minor point.
      More like you are arguing for argument's sake.

    15. Member GTRaavv's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2009
      Posts
      6,830
      Vehicles
      2013 Range Rover Evoque
      04-23-2012 06:29 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      Actually i have. I corrected the misinformation you posted about price overlap. Now you are back peddling and changing your tone so you can be right.
      I don't see where you have done anything but post the price ranges of BMW's sedans. That never was my point. So either you misundrstood what I was saying or can't disprove the point I was making.

      Push button start, Pandora, SMS Text, & Multi View Back Up Camera will be federally mandated? When? Source?

      Minimal or not, they exist. They are features not present on the TSX at any price. Again....i corrected you and now you are back peddling in an attempt to be right about something you were clearly wrong about. And as i stated, wether or not these features are "minimal" or of value to you or i is besides the point. They exist on the lesser and cheaper ILX, but not on the TSX (at any price).
      I didn't say all of them would be. See this is where reading comprehension is not your friend today. Back up cameras are expected to be required in 2014. It really isn't the big luxury appointment you are making it out to be. None of those are. It doesn't matter that they aren't on the TSX, the point was they hardly add much value. Certainly not to make up for 50 less hp, the size difference, and possibly even material quality difference which you keep sidestepping from addressing. Add them all together and it's not a net to the ILX. So what if it has extra features - if those features don't add much value then who cares.

      More like you are arguing for argument's sake.
      What next, are you going to go with an "I know you are but what am I"? You agreed that the ILX is overpriced, but for some reason have to go out of your way to claim it's pricing similarity to the TSX is justified by all the extra content it has. So I really don't understand what your point is. But it's a minimal point at best that I've wasted too much time on.
      Last edited by GTRaavv; 04-23-2012 at 06:35 PM.

    16. Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      13,934
      04-23-2012 06:56 PM #141
      Talk about damning with faint praise.

      http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/23/2...-drive-review/

      Acura hopes to find 35,000 buyers for the ILX sedan per year, and they very well may hit that figure. If you're in the market for an entry-level vehicle from a premium automaker, by all means have a look at the ILX... just be sure to check out its competition before signing on the dotted line. As much as we'd like to tell you that the ILX heralds a return to Acura's roots – innovation, value and technology – we can't, because it simply doesn't.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

    17. Senior Member hrama803's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2004
      Location
      Alpharetta
      Posts
      24,622
      Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      04-23-2012 07:24 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by dcmix5 View Post

    18. Member a2a4raddo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2001
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      19,818
      Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      04-23-2012 07:49 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post
      I don't see where you have done anything but post the price ranges of BMW's sedans. That never was my point. So either you misundrstood what I was saying or can't disprove the point I was making.
      Perhaps you forget when you said this.....

      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post
      There is overlap in every segment, but you know very well that this is a lot more overlap than in other situations..
      Me posting BMW's overlap is just that, proof that overlap exists with every luxury make....larger overlap then with Acura who's overlap is in fact smaller then just about anyone elses....with few exceptions.

      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post

      I didn't say all of them would be. See this is where reading comprehension is not your friend today. Back up cameras are expected to be required in 2014. It really isn't the big luxury appointment you are making it out to be. None of those are. It doesn't matter that they aren't on the TSX, the point was they hardly add much value. Certainly not to make up for 50 less hp, the size difference, and possibly even material quality difference which you keep sidestepping from addressing. Add them all together and it's not a net to the ILX. So what if it has extra features - if those features don't add much value then who cares.
      Or maybe reading comp isnt your friend today? Lets look back at the convo.

      Your claim: ILX 2.0L Premium Gives you the same Features as the TSX, only with 50 Fewer Ponies.

      I stated, the cheaper ILX actually give syou more features then the more expensive TSX. Which is a fact. So you were wrong, but can't accept that. So you back peddle, try to change your tone, and then go on rambling how those features will be required. Well again, What is your Source that any of them will be required? And even if 1 of 4 will in fact be required by 2014...that doesnt change anything today. ILX comes with a multi view camera (TSX has none). ILX comes with Pandora, SMS Text, & push Button....TSX does not (at any price). You just keep going in circles, yet you have the audacity to claim i am the one arguing for arguments sake? Get real dude.

      Im not side stepping anything about material quality, im just not jumping to conclusions and creating an argument (you keep trying to create) about unknowns. We dont know how the ILX will stack up to a TSX in regards to interior quality. The car hasnt even been released yet. I have not sat in one either. So i don't have a leg to stand on in regards to that subject, but niether do you....so why bring it up? I'll tell you why, because you liek to argue for arguments sake and twist your words and bring up other points that were not even the topic of discussion.

      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post


      What next, are you going to go with an "I know you are but what am I"? You agreed that the ILX is overpriced, but for some reason have to go out of your way to claim it's pricing similarity to the TSX is justified by all the extra content it has. So I really don't understand what your point is. But it's a minimal point at best that I've wasted too much time on.
      I'm not going out of my way to justify the ILX's pricing. Not the 2.0L Premium pack anyway. Im simply correcting the misinformation you try and pawn off as fact.

      Here are my points which i have already stated, but again...reading comp. is not YOUR friend today.

      -Other luxury makes have more overlap btwn models then Acura does.
      -The ILX 2.0L Premium has more feature content then the TSX base (Premium in Canada) and costs less money.

    19. Member GTRaavv's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2009
      Posts
      6,830
      Vehicles
      2013 Range Rover Evoque
      04-23-2012 08:36 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      Me posting BMW's overlap is just that, proof that overlap exists with every luxury make....larger overlap then with Acura who's overlap is in fact smaller then just about anyone elses....with few exceptions.
      You quoted me saying that overlap exists in the market. So what did you prove? My point again focuses on the similarity in price between a comparable ILX and TSX - $800 - and how that small of a price gap makes the ILX look way overpriced. You haven't pointed to one other brand that has 2 models that are that similarly priced when comparably equipped.

      Or maybe reading comp isnt your friend today? Lets look back at the convo.

      Your claim: ILX 2.0L Premium Gives you the same Features as the TSX, only with 50 Fewer Ponies.
      I said roughly the same features. See there's the reading problem again. You listed a few minor features, yet didn't factor in advantages that the TSX has over the ILX. So you really haven't corrected any misinformation, jsut gone through a lot of effort to attempt to prove some trival points which you misunderstood.

    20. Member a2a4raddo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2001
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      19,818
      Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      04-23-2012 11:22 PM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post
      You quoted me saying that overlap exists in the market. So what did you prove? My point again focuses on the similarity in price between a comparable ILX and TSX - $800 - and how that small of a price gap makes the ILX look way overpriced. You haven't pointed to one other brand that has 2 models that are that similarly priced when comparably equipped.


      I said roughly the same features. See there's the reading problem again. You listed a few minor features, yet didn't factor in advantages that the TSX has over the ILX. So you really haven't corrected any misinformation, jsut gone through a lot of effort to attempt to prove some trival points which you misunderstood.
      Plenty brands have different vehicles that are similarly priced when comparably equiped, luxury or not. What i did point out is that Overlap exists with all luxury makes, with Acura having one of the smallest overlaps of all luxury brands.

      You point changed because you back peddled. But then again...nothing new there...every single time you are wrong you back peddle and change your tone.


      No reading probem. Point still stands. A 2.0L ILX which is cheaper then a TSX is equiped with more features. You consider those features minor...many people may consider them a must have...especially push start (a feature people have compalined about not being avail in the TSX at any price for years). I will say this yet again, that fact that you do not value said features is a moot point.

      As for the TSX and its advantages over the ILX...i didnt come here to name those...but its only real known advantage is size....fuel economy, price, and feature content are all in the ILX's favor.

      The closest two models (apples to apples) are the ILX 2.4L & TSX SE, and that price diff. is closer to 2K. And again, the ILX has more features.

      And yes, i have corrected misinformation, but you can keep back peddling and pretending i have not.

      lastly, you claimed you wasted way too much time on this in a previous post....so why exactly are you still stuck backpeddling?

    21. Senior Member Mazda 3s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2003
      Location
      Garner, NC
      Posts
      21,473
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited
      04-23-2012 11:35 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      Bla Bla Bla
      Quote Originally Posted by GTRaavv View Post
      Yack Yack Yack
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

      Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

    22. Member GTRaavv's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2009
      Posts
      6,830
      Vehicles
      2013 Range Rover Evoque
      04-24-2012 12:22 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      Plenty brands have different vehicles that are similarly priced when comparably equiped, luxury or not. What i did point out is that Overlap exists with all luxury makes, with Acura having one of the smallest overlaps of all luxury brands.
      Yet you still haven't been able to cite one example with as close of an overlap. Not a single one in all this time. But maybe if you keep repeating it it will come true.

      You point changed because you back peddled. But then again...nothing new there...every single time you are wrong you back peddle and change your tone.
      My point never changed. Quote where it changed. You just didn't comprehend it and want to pull the 1sicklex approach by turning it around.

      As for the TSX and its advantages over the ILX...i didnt come here to name those...but its only real known advantage is size....fuel economy, price, and feature content are all in the ILX's favor.
      Oh well since you've clearly sat in the ILX and driven it, please give us a review of its interior quality and how it drives. Funny how you seem to discount the value of size, but claim a push button start is essential.

      The closest two models (apples to apples) are the ILX 2.4L & TSX SE, and that price diff. is closer to 2K. And again, the ILX has more features.
      Ah yes because if people can't live without push button start, they surely will buy a model that doesn't have an auto option. Still an $800 difference between the base TSX and 2.0L premium no matter if its not as apples to apples as you'd prefer.


      Clearly I'm not the only person who feels the same way. Go argue with the writer of this article. Maybe you'll be more successful next go around.

    23. Member rlaltiowner05's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 21st, 2005
      Location
      Milwaukee, Wisconsin
      Posts
      553
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fusion SE 1.6t/6spd manual, 2007 Honda Accord EX-L, 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S
      04-24-2012 01:09 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      I agree. The ILX is overpriced. But still offers more feature content for less money then the TSX..which is the point i'm making.

      They should have released this car withthe new ED engines, but for whatever reason...they rushed the car...even though the TSX is still going to be around for another MY.
      LOL, the ILX doesn't feature "more content" than the TSX, its pretty much a wash, the value of the content differences boils down to personal preferences.

      Text message and Pandora and better fuel economy on the ILX are nice to have, but so are the memory seats, memory mirrors, power passenger's seat and 50 extra hp, extra interior room and better interior materials the TSX offers. You act as if the ILX has it all over the TSX in content, I've gotta agree with GTR on this one, you're grasping for straws...content wise, the ILX is about where the previous generation TSX was before it got facelifted.
      Last edited by rlaltiowner05; 04-24-2012 at 01:13 AM.
      Past: 2007 Honda Accord EX-L 5MT, 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S, 1991 Honda Accord EX
      Present: 2014 Ford Fusion SE 1.6t 6spd manual
      Future: 2018 Ford Mustang 2.3t 6spd manual

    24. Senior Member J-Tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2000
      Location
      Kangaroo-infested Austria
      Posts
      32,783
      Vehicles
      German/American/French
      04-24-2012 01:17 AM #149
      That's got to be the best looking car in Honda's lineup at the moment.
      “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime” - Neil deGrasse Tyson.

    25. Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      13,934
      04-24-2012 08:03 AM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      That's got to be the best looking car in Honda's lineup at the moment.
      I've been down that read before. Nice to behold but not as nice once you have to drive it everyday and become an old man filled with regret about what you could have bought for the same coin.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

    Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •