Well, last summer I parted ways with my beloved Jetta
I enjoyed her for the 6 years we spent together, but as I grew older so did my needs.
So after some searching i finally picked up a classy lady with everything i was looking for in a car.
2008 Audi A4 Avant S-Line 6spd in Dolphin Grey Metallic. Took a while to find her, not very many Avants with the S-line AND in 6spd.
She was perfect for me and was exactly what I wanted. Only she was a little tall for my liking. So I decided to help her out with that. But as mentioned before, my life needs have changed and having a slammed car no longer fit in the picture. As I don’t like to take no for an answer, Airride was the only logic step. I could have the ride height that I love, but still have the ability to actually use my Avant for what I bought her for.
So after some research Riley at Bagriders was contacted and a complete Bagyard Bombers/Accuair E-level kit was purchased. The tanks were left out for the time being until i could figure out a plan to lay it out. I went with Bomber front and Rears, Dual Viair 400, Accuair e-level, and eventually dual 3g tanks.
After the parts arrived I acquired the help of my friend Dean (aka Mr.Plow) of Dub Allstars fame, to give me a hand/help me with this install. Dean has done this a few times so I was/am very happy for his help.
So, we started this endeavour by laying out a plan as to how this would all fit together. The challenge being I wanted all the management and tanks hidden, and without having a false floor. I bought the Avant for a reason, to use it and I did not want to lose and cargo space.
So we gathered and hatched our plan
First we took a template out of Cardboard, then transferred that template to 1/8 press board. Once that was all taken care of Dean to the template and scanned it, did his computer magic and made a digital template all smooth and symmetrical. Sent this file out to get water jetted out of 1/8 steel.
Once we got the parts back we confirmed fitment and started laying out the parts
Once the fitment was confirmed and the layout was finalized we started welding the brackets and mounts all together. For this we got assistance from my buddy Reid (aka CFK) and his welder
Then I wanted to try
Then we had a break
And Reid took some pics
Then tack in the upper plate
And then some more welding,
And by this time I was having some fun and wanted to weld some more
Few days later Dean stopped by to start planning out the electronics and wiring
After that we put in the bulkheads in the spare tire well and realized there was going to be some changes needed to the baseplate.
So we had to cut out some recesses to make room and access. Once that was done it was all painted up and ready to go
We then installed and wired all the components for the management to the base plate.
Then went ahead and painted up the sparetire well as Audi only did the top half
Since this I have run the power and controller wires up to the front of the car, and then decided to clean up the back end. So I removed the badges.
So that’s where we are right now. Just have to run the e-level senor wires and airlines. Then install the bags and e-level sensors.
Will update this thread as we go. Thanks for looking.