Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: >> ORT // Feeler // Special Production AirLift Mk5/6 Slam XL's <<

Vehicles
      MKIV Jetta, MKV GTI
      10-04-2012 09:11 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@ORT View Post
      Time for you to change that rear bag setup, bro!
      For realz.
      Lower-IT
      // DROP // DRAG // DESTROY
      OpenRoadTuning

2. 10-04-2012 09:38 PM #107
      Corey @ AirLift has a prototype set on his MkV now and has about 1000mi on them thus far. Nothing other than that at the moment...
      Had that low and that camber. Car looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn_Mower View Post
      Should be similar.

After talking to the airlift guys at h20, i'm excited.
      This. The dampening adjustable struts for other platforms seem super well made.

Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      10-04-2012 10:10 PM #108
      Corey @ AirLift has a prototype set on his MkV now and has about 1000mi on them thus far. Nothing other than that at the moment...
      Looked good too.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built, HTA3582@30psi 600+awhp(900+awhp rebuild in progress)

4. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 K04 Turbo Beetle, MKV '09 GTI (RIP)
      10-05-2012 12:25 AM #109
      Well after getting scammed by an ******* on here. I'm most likely getting this kit. Can't wait for those new rears. I wonder if getting the IDF arms would help out too.

Vehicles
      MKIV Jetta, MKV GTI
      10-05-2012 01:03 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post

Yeah, new rear set up looks cool too.
      Lower-IT
      OpenRoadTuning

6. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-05-2012 01:20 PM #111
      For realz.
      You know we got you covered!

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post

Low + Camber = Win!

The adjustable struts for the other platforms are EXCELLENT. Corey's GR WRX was a blast to drive and we had that thing on full stiff the entire weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryD87 View Post
      Well after getting scammed by an ******* on here. I'm most likely getting this kit. Can't wait for those new rears. I wonder if getting the IDF arms would help out too.
      Gary, give us a shout and we can get you taken care of

Yeah, new rear set up looks cool too.
      Beyond cool! Super stoked for the release

Vehicles
      65' T-1 | 10' TDI JSW
      10-05-2012 03:58 PM #112
      Damn those are nice!
      Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains it's original dimensions. -OWHjr

instagram.com/plainpaul

Vehicles
      97 VW Golf 2.0
      10-05-2012 04:09 PM #113
      When these come out someone sell me their old slam xls for cheap
      Quote Originally Posted by MikeMeachum View Post
      Will there be a Jetta/ GLI VII thread? I got one.

Vehicles
      MKIV Jetta, MKV GTI
      10-10-2012 05:49 PM #114
      That release date..... What's up with it?
      Lower-IT
      OpenRoadTuning

10. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      GF8 OBS
      10-10-2012 07:41 PM #115
      That release date..... What's up with it?
      what do you mean? I've had camber adjustment, threaded body, and dampening adjustability for months.

Vehicles
      MKIV Jetta, MKV GTI
      10-10-2012 08:45 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by Trent@ORT View Post
      what do you mean? I've had camber adjustment, threaded body, and dampening adjustability for months.
      Lower-IT
      OpenRoadTuning

12. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-11-2012 01:56 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by Trent@ORT View Post
      Wow, you about that life.

Max, we're working on it

Vehicles
      2013 Bagged A3 TDI
      10-12-2012 01:46 PM #118
      Seems like a cool idea I just wish it was from a better coilover manufacture...as BC's are the same as all the other China made coilover brands ie. Megan, D2 racing, Kido, KSport, etc. The adjustable dampending isn't all that great on those coilover 30clicks...honestly do you need that many clicks, can you really feel the difference between 15 clicks and 20 clicks?

Coming from a 09 WRX myself with full Cusco Zero 2E coilovers (only 5 clicks of dampening, super soft 1 to race stiffness 5 which you could actually feel), the valving in the Cusco's were leaps and bounds better then BC's. Friends with BC's in their Suby's would ride in my car and couldn't believe how much more comfortable they were.

But I guess it's hard to get bigger named company's (Koni, KW, Bilstien, etc.) to collaborate with Airlift or any other air suspension company to create an all in one air bag/ strut suspension. I would def be interested if it was with a better coilover manufacture. Kind of like Bagyard bombers airbags with the Bilstien struts, if they were like a merged PSS10/ airbag setup with camber plates that would be awesome!

It's hard to appeal to the middle market where it's not quite race but not quite show. As most show guys with go with a fully air setup that can go way low, and most track guys with go with a full coilover setup. The only advantage I could think of would be the camber adjustment settings.

Sorry to rant it's just I got my new A3 and am in the market for air suspension...

Pics of my WRX for reference

Last edited by SoSoA3; 10-12-2012 at 01:58 PM.

14. 10-12-2012 04:45 PM #119
      First off: beautiful Subi! I would love to see THAT car on air!. We do have a kit coming for that very soon BTW..

Now for my rant: BC's are NOT made in China, nor are they the same as KSport, or D2!! This is common mis-information. Comparing your car to someone on BC is interesting, but has plenty to do with the damping settings used and the ride height. I can make any car with reasonably adjustable suspension and damping ride decent OR ride like crap! It has a lot to do with the users ability to properly set it up.

As for the quality, I ask you: have you ever torn one apart and looked at the tolerances? Or run one on the dyno? Or put 1Million cycles on one on a test rig? Or toured their facility to see their manufacturing and assembly procedures/commitment to quality? Or been to the racetrack with a set? Or have years of testing all the name brands of shocks on a dyno and the track?

I have. And quite frankly, I'll take BC over a lot of the big names because they have a HUGE range of usable adjustment (yes, you can feel the clicks, same as KW for example), have great durability (I tested this here at Air Lift before we ever did any business and have had MANY Bilsteins fail in my time), they have beautifully made parts (the camber plates are awesome and use Japanese bearings), and perform flawlessly with our air springs! Not to mention the price is right. And if you even went for a ride in our 500hp Subaru Sti or any of the cars that use the BC struts, you would be blown away at the handling prowess and the ride quality. To date, NOBODY has been in these cars and not walked away impressed. I have guys that road race Mustangs professionally that were blown away by the handling at the racetrack by out Air Lift Mustang. They even did a back to back with a NASA CMC Mustang. (http://www.airliftperformance.com/20...arvin-corners/ Scroll to bottom of article for testimonials.

Or watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ScCH...hannel&list=UL

I'm not trying to flame you here. I'm all about education and getting the truth out there, not internet rumors and hearsay. Bottom line: if you have any doubts, get yourself in a car with our latest kits on it. If you are not impressed, come back on this forum and let everyone know. If you need to find a car in your area, hit me up. Or ask on this forum. I'm sure someone will be happy to take you for a ride! Stop by here at Air Lift if you are in the neighborhood. I am happy to show you what we do and why we do it. And there is always something cool to ride in..

Happy Friday everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by SoSoA3 View Post
      Seems like a cool idea I just wish it was from a better coilover manufacture...as BC's are the same as all the other China made coilover brands ie. Megan, D2 racing, Kido, KSport, etc. The adjustable dampending isn't all that great on those coilover 30clicks...honestly do you need that many clicks, can you really feel the difference between 15 clicks and 20 clicks?

Coming from a 09 WRX myself with full Cusco Zero 2E coilovers (only 5 clicks of dampening, super soft 1 to race stiffness 5 which you could actually feel), the valving in the Cusco's were leaps and bounds better then BC's. Friends with BC's in their Suby's would ride in my car and couldn't believe how much more comfortable they were.

But I guess it's hard to get bigger named company's (Koni, KW, Bilstien, etc.) to collaborate with Airlift or any other air suspension company to create an all in one air bag/ strut suspension. I would def be interested if it was with a better coilover manufacture. Kind of like Bagyard bombers airbags with the Bilstien struts, if they were like a merged PSS10/ airbag setup with camber plates that would be awesome!

It's hard to appeal to the middle market where it's not quite race but not quite show. As most show guys with go with a fully air setup that can go way low, and most track guys with go with a full coilover setup. The only advantage I could think of would be the camber adjustment settings.

Sorry to rant it's just I got my new A3 and am in the market for air suspension...

Pics of my WRX for reference

[QUOTE=SoSoA3;79323785]Seems like a cool idea I just wish it was from a better coilover manufacture...as BC's are the same as all the other China made coilover brands ie. Megan, D2 racing, Kido, KSport, etc. The adjustable dampending isn't all that great on those coilover 30clicks...honestly do you need that many clicks, can you really feel the difference between 15 clicks and 20 clicks?

Brian@AirLift
      Engineer Dude
      http://airliftperformance.com/

Vehicles
      2013 Bagged A3 TDI
      10-12-2012 05:51 PM #120
      First off: beautiful Subi! I would love to see THAT car on air!. We do have a kit coming for that very soon BTW..

Now for my rant: BC's are NOT made in China, nor are they the same as KSport, or D2!! This is common mis-information. Comparing your car to someone on BC is interesting, but has plenty to do with the damping settings used and the ride height. I can make any car with reasonably adjustable suspension and damping ride decent OR ride like crap! It has a lot to do with the users ability to properly set it up.

As for the quality, I ask you: have you ever torn one apart and looked at the tolerances? Or run one on the dyno? Or put 1Million cycles on one on a test rig? Or toured their facility to see their manufacturing and assembly procedures/commitment to quality? Or been to the racetrack with a set? Or have years of testing all the name brands of shocks on a dyno and the track?

I have. And quite frankly, I'll take BC over a lot of the big names because they have a HUGE range of usable adjustment (yes, you can feel the clicks, same as KW for example), have great durability (I tested this here at Air Lift before we ever did any business and have had MANY Bilsteins fail in my time), they have beautifully made parts (the camber plates are awesome and use Japanese bearings), and perform flawlessly with our air springs! Not to mention the price is right. And if you even went for a ride in our 500hp Subaru Sti or any of the cars that use the BC struts, you would be blown away at the handling prowess and the ride quality. To date, NOBODY has been in these cars and not walked away impressed. I have guys that road race Mustangs professionally that were blown away by the handling at the racetrack by out Air Lift Mustang. They even did a back to back with a NASA CMC Mustang. (http://www.airliftperformance.com/20...arvin-corners/ Scroll to bottom of article for testimonials.

Or watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ScCH...hannel&list=UL

I'm not trying to flame you here. I'm all about education and getting the truth out there, not internet rumors and hearsay. Bottom line: if you have any doubts, get yourself in a car with our latest kits on it. If you are not impressed, come back on this forum and let everyone know. If you need to find a car in your area, hit me up. Or ask on this forum. I'm sure someone will be happy to take you for a ride! Stop by here at Air Lift if you are in the neighborhood. I am happy to show you what we do and why we do it. And there is always something cool to ride in..

Happy Friday everyone!
      Thanks for the response, and no flame taken. To answer some questions you asked, of course I didn't do any of the testing with a dyno or have gone to the facility to see what the procedures are....how can I? I'm just a joe smo off the street I have no access to things like that. For quality every coilover fails it doesn't matter what brand BC, Bilstein, etc. I guess I'm mainly knit picking about the valving inside for the damper itself and how comfortable the ride is.

I'm not doubting the performance of strut themselves, most after market suspension will perform but to a certain extent. Your 500hp STI prolly owns on the track (I watched the video a while ago), I'm not doubting that either. I think most would be blown away riding in anything with 500hp, not many people have felt that kind of power before and are not concentrating on the suspension aspects of the ride. I merely am making a comparison between my friend (09) WRX hb with BC GR suspension and my (09) WRX sedan with Cusco's. We were at similar heights, not slammed for no suspension travel just lowered moderately. Both coilover brands had the same spring rates 8kg's front/ rear.

My car just felt better at every dampening setting we made to his car (from full soft to firm). And in all honesty we couldn't feel the difference between 5 clicks on his BC's, after about 10 clicks we could though. I drove his car he drove mine, after it was all said and done he wanted to save up for cusco's. Bottom line it wasn't a fancy test or anything we just went out and drove each others car that's about it, one just felt better then the other.

Oh and as for BC's being made in China, I don't know that for sure (just hearsay, internet gossip, TRUE). But what I do know is they all China made coilovers have the same amount of clicks (30), all parts look the same (just different colors), and they are all priced around the same price. I know it all might be coincidence and just a certain demographic/ price point being marketed to, but it's still makes me wonder...maybe if you can get with BC to make a video or something about the manufacturing process of how their suspension is made. That way you can put all the myths, hearsay, internet gossip to rest for good.

I'm am not knocking your product by any means! It's a terrific product, just not for me (just trying to come at you with different angles) I plan on getting airlift xl front/ rear bags for my Audi A3, I would get bagyards (but I don't want to deal with their customer service, and I hear airlifts customer service is godlike). But like I previously mentioned earlier its just go big or go home. I have that mentality if I'm going to spend my hard earned money I'm going to get the best (not everyone has the same mentality) for those going show full on bags are perfect and for race full coilovers would be the BEST option. I've never seen any professional race teams or any I can think of with air suspension.

Just some food for thought

I apologize in advanced if I came off attacking and saying BC suspension is an inferior product, which it is NOT. Once this kit comes out hopefully I can take a ride in someone's car that has it, maybe it will sway my feeling towards it...just maybe
      Last edited by SoSoA3; 10-12-2012 at 06:05 PM.

16. 10-12-2012 07:56 PM #121
      Hey! No offense taken. Posts like yours give me the opportunity to chime in and give some insider information.

I sincerely hope you do get the chance to get into one of our cars. And the MK5 kit coming soon with BC parts would be great on your A3.

And so you know, we spec the valving for our struts and shocks to match our air suspension. It's not "off the shelf" but rather a tuned combination. So what you experienced before may not apply in this situation.

And I agree that race teams use coils. But they don't drive home and take their girl out to dinner in the car either....Our air suspension lets you tear up a track AND have a comfy ride home.

just sayin'

Have a great weekend!
      Brian@AirLift
      Engineer Dude
      http://airliftperformance.com/

17. 10-13-2012 03:42 AM #122
      BC's are made in China,China Taiwan

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      10-14-2012 11:34 AM #123
      Been a couple days since someone shamelessly asked for an ETA.

So...

19. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-14-2012 03:46 PM #124
      There is no ETA as of right now. The first set is on Corey @ AirLift's Mk5 Jetta and I'm sure AirLift would like to have a few more miles under their belt before releasing these goods to the masses

Vehicles
      MKIV Jetta, MKV GTI
      10-14-2012 11:35 PM #125
      There is no ETA as of right now. The first set is on Corey @ AirLift's Mk5 Jetta and I'm sure AirLift would like to have a few more miles under their belt before releasing these goods to the masses
      So get them to hook me up with a set. I drive almost 100 miles a day.

I'm down for some R&D
      Lower-IT
      OpenRoadTuning

Vehicles
      2013 Bagged A3 TDI
      10-15-2012 12:33 PM #126
      Corey gets all the good stuff first...these bc/ airlift front struts and the new double bellow rear bags!

22. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-16-2012 10:32 AM #127
      In house cars always get pre-release stuff

Vehicles
      MKIV Jetta, MKV GTI
      10-16-2012 12:59 PM #128
      In house cars always get pre-release stuff
      Lemme get that pre-release stuffs.
      Lower-IT
      OpenRoadTuning

24. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      GF8 OBS
      10-16-2012 01:32 PM #129
      bump it up!

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      10-18-2012 10:54 AM #130
      subscribed

was skeptical of getting air for my monster b/c i plan on taking it on the track one day...but i've been convinced otherwise
      722 pages, 25255 posts, and 1,015,739 views later... R.I.P. LoL Bump thread 03/27/2008 ~ 02/16/2011.
      Link to my build: Audi A3 3.2 VR6 BT
      CleanAudi.com feature

26. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-18-2012 11:06 AM #131
      Hi Johnny!

Vehicles
      06(AUDI)A3
      10-18-2012 01:53 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by krazyboi View Post
      subscribed

was skeptical of getting air for my monster b/c i plan on taking it on the track one day...but i've been convinced otherwise
      Nice one...
      Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S Thompson
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      My IMDb resume...Sounds I've recorded

Vehicles
      06(AUDI)A3
      10-26-2012 02:50 PM #133
      Update? soon?
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

29. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-29-2012 02:35 PM #134
      Nothing yet, sadly. Honestly, there won't be anything for a little bit as they're pushing out the GR/GH/GE WRX kit. Hopefully after that comes out, we'll have a better idea of when this new kit will come out.

Vehicles
      06(AUDI)A3
      10-29-2012 08:05 PM #135
      Ugh the wait is getting painful...I'm gonna find someone at Sema today and get them to shed some light on this, wish me luck 👺👹💀
      Last edited by Rub-ISH; 10-30-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Vehicles
      06(AUDI)A3
      10-30-2012 03:37 PM #136
      Direct from the horses mouth. End Of November to early December. So hopefully before years end on these

32. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-30-2012 06:21 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by Rub-ISH View Post
      Direct from the horses mouth. End Of November to early December. So hopefully before years end on these
      Assuming you're at SEMA?

We were unable to attend due to the hurricane

Vehicles
      06(AUDI)A3
      10-30-2012 06:55 PM #138
      Yup spoke with Brian. He is optimistic that these will be ready late November or early December. Waiting on parts for manufacturing and build quality. Also had a demo prototype of an iPhone module for the v2. Great success. Also stated that these will 100% be sway bar compatible and that for the best results these should be mated with the new rear bags. I have the idf rears so I don't think I'll switch but I'm very excited for these after getting my hands on the wrx line

Vehicles
      2001.5 Audi S4 6spd Quattro Stage 3
      10-30-2012 09:16 PM #139
      Very interested in these!!
      Instagram: Ozzker / Das Parts

Das Parts -- https://www.facebook.com/dasvwparts

35. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-31-2012 12:19 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by Rub-ISH View Post
      Yup spoke with Brian. He is optimistic that these will be ready late November or early December. Waiting on parts for manufacturing and build quality. Also had a demo prototype of an iPhone module for the v2. Great success. Also stated that these will 100% be sway bar compatible and that for the best results these should be mated with the new rear bags. I have the idf rears so I don't think I'll switch but I'm very excited for these after getting my hands on the wrx line
      Awesome, thanks for posting the info!

We were supposed to leave for SEMA on Monday, but Sandy put a stop to all our plans. Which WRX line did you have a chance to put your hands on? We have our GR prototype car with this BC BR setup and it's incredible and I know that AirLift won't disappoint for the MkV/VI chassis.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast