Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: 1987 Fox GL Wagon 2.0 5 speed $1850obo

1. 04-20-2012 11:39 AM #1
      **sale pending**

Hello, I’m selling a 1987 VW fox gl wagon. This wagon is white on a gray interior and overall looks and runs great. The engine has been swapped for a 2.0 3A engine with a 1.8 8V head; it was also converted to a 5 speed manual. The car will come with tons of extra parts which will be listed. I bought this car from my brother who owned it for 5 years; this car was his baby and he did a lot of upgrades and repairs; he had to sell it due to downsizing his home. I purchased it from him about 6 months ago; the car was in good shape as is, I just gave it a good cleaning and fixed a few things. The car drives great! It has tons of power and handles well for having manual steering. The clutch works properly as well and reasonably tight. I am selling due to some hard times and I already own another car. I believe in full disclosure and I know that when I buy a car I like to know as much about it as possible, so I took plenty of pictures, shot some videos, and am including all information I have on the car that I have and can remember. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask me.

163k on the body, under 40k on the rebuilt engine

Easily get gas mileage in the high 20’s with over 30 HP over stock!

Original paint, glass, & body panels

Bentley service manual

*Brand new NJ state inspection*

Powertrain:
      Audi 3A 2.0L engine
      1.8 Big Valve Head with solid lifters
      1.6 Hi-Po Cam (the stock 1.6 cam yields Hi-Po results in 1.8 head)
      Big throttle body with WOT switch (not hooked up, needs different ecu)
      Dasher Dual Port Exhaust Mani
      TechTonics Tuning Dual port Downpipe
      2" custom exhaust into Thru flow muffler
      TechTonics Hi-Flow CAT
      11.5 pound Flywheel
      PSA 5-speed mani
      BMW E30 motor mounts
      New radiator
      Changed coolant to pink R12
      New-ish clutch cable
      Newer belts
      New transfer fuel pump and main fuel pump
      Newer cap, rotor, wires
      New bosch platinum plugs
      New oil pressure switch
      CIS-E fuel injection system working properly
      K&N drop in air filter
      Newer battery
      New O2 sensor
      Fresh oil change
      NO LEAKS!!!!
      RUNS GREAT!!

Exterior:
      Paint looks great for year
      Some rock chips
      All body panels are straight
      Some rust
      NO scratches, only 2 tiny dings
      rare “brazilian” smoked taillights
      Clear coat is peeling in drivers side in some spots
      Windshield will need to be replaced, it is cracked
      14” audi multi-spoke wheels
      Rare window vent visors
      Front struts need replacement
      Rear shocks need replacement
      All lighting functional
      Autopal E-code headlights with sylvania silverstar ultra bulbs
      Brand new trico teflon shield wiper blades
      TIRES: will need replacement…. Fronts have some meat but are slightly dry rotted and rears are bald
      Brakes are good but would hurt to be replaced sometime in the future….. front pads have plenty of life left and rotors look good, rear shoes are fine and parking brake engages in only 1 click

Interior:
      Modded cluster with tach, blue LED lighting (glows blu/green at night)
      Crank windows work properly
      Carpets in decent shape and seats are alright as well…. There is a small hole in drivers seat bolster and the drivers seat back rest is a little tired but still comfortable
      Sony am/fm radio with an aux jack included (cd player broken)
      Front dash speakers work well
      Includes a small sub with amp….. it is cracked but fully functional and not obnoxious
      Overhead console with dome light and modded map light with a blue LED
      Heater works great
      Has air conditioning…… it is working properly and the compressor is cycling as it should…. It is cold but not freezing cold so it probably just needs a charge; it is filled with the original R12 freon
      Could use new shifter bushings
      RH side rear ¼ panel not secured properly but its just cosmetic
      Rear door panel not currently attached….. needs new push clips
      Overall its clean and fully functional

Extra parts:
      These are included in the sale…. Use them for your own use or sell them for profit! This is a list of most of the stuff…… some if the items there is more than 1
      L&R door panels; LH rear ¼ interior panel; door latch, both exterior door handles; both outside mirrors; horn button; exterior light lens’; 2 fuel filters; front strut mounts; 1 front hub; 2 cv boot kits; 1 rotor; turn signal/wiper switch; door armrests; wiper arms; unknown wire harnesses; 2 non-oem rectangle fog lights; overhead console; RH visor; speedo box and cable to speedometer; coolant tank; 2 fuel distributors (unknown if functional); lower intake box; intake pipe to throttle body; crankshaft pulley; wagon taillights; insulation and weatherstripping; RH headlight trim; ignition coil; bulb sockets; 2 H6054 headlights; fuse panel block; 3 engine computers (I think one is for an audi 4000 to use the WOT switch) and I also found a wiper switch that was a bit odd….. it has a sliding part on the front (delay setting I think?) and a button on the end saying MFA

Again if you have any questions please ask! Please contact me through PM on the vortex or email me at fatngs@yahoo.com

$1850obo

http://photobucket.com/foxforsale

http://youtu.be/FAyXqYoWuEo

http://youtu.be/i1JiEFNyxA8

http://youtu.be/6DPLw9lXNjI

http://youtu.be/8wPjjCU91Ks

*i know i did mention in the video that i would be relacing the plugs, wires, and vbelts but i will leave it as is because its running perfect as is*

*when attempting to check a squeaking alternator vbelt i noticed the bolt holding it up stripped and sheared off..... removed the bracket, drilled out the old bolt, and replaced it with a brand new bolt and locking washer..... shearing alternator bolts is common on these foxes so thats one less thing to worry about!*

i am located in south jersey near atco raceway

thanks!
      Last edited by fatngs; 04-22-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Vehicles
      2001 passat b5 wagon T3/T4 upgrade....1983 RABBIT GTI
      04-20-2012 07:52 PM #2
      hey wusup bro im intrested in this car, very intrested please call me or txt a.s.a.p. 732 372 59 04 thankss

3. 04-20-2012 08:46 PM #3
      sure thing, ill try to txt u 2moro if i can get a chance (im workin all day)

4. 04-21-2012 10:04 PM #4
      car is fixed back up and running perfect..... brand new upper alternator bolt.... one less thing to worry about!

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 CSG GTI 2dr 6mt
      04-22-2012 10:32 AM #5
      PM sent have cash in hand want car.
      Dieselgeek sigma6, APR carbiono stg1/2, APR tbe, golf r tails, euro switch, RNS-510 retrofit/w video in motion, 40%side 35%rear tint, rear wiper delete, bsh CC, neuspeed ic-tb pipe, AWE pancake pipe, S3 intercooler, defi gauges, Apr Ko4, VW RVC, AST 4100's, Hochkis F/R swaybars, 18x8 TD 1.2, 235 Dunlop star spec, F 6pot-R 4pot brembo

6. 04-22-2012 06:33 PM #6
      ***sale pending***

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1990 fox 2dr, 1989 jetta 1.8
      04-22-2012 09:14 PM #7
      If u don't sell plz txt or call me at 267-374-2760 near Philly really want to look at car soon. Thanks ron

8. 04-25-2012 03:15 PM #9
      ttt i want this

9. 05-02-2012 03:33 PM #10
      LMK if the sale falls through

10. 05-09-2012 12:56 PM #11
      hit me up if sale falls through

11. 05-23-2012 01:07 AM #12
      did it get sold

Vehicles
      85 GTI
      06-14-2012 11:21 PM #13
      still 4 sale?

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      VW Vanagon, VW Bus, Two(2) VW Fox Wagons
      08-05-2012 03:06 PM #14
      Hi Friend,

I need a straight answer...Is this car for sale or not? What's the deal with the Chrome siding?

I live in Vermont and Ihave own two of these and I'm looking for a "cream-puff."

IF? there is anything that this FOX Wagon needs or may need what would that be?

What you say my friend?

Sincerely Ralph

14. 08-07-2012 04:15 AM #15
      been 4 months. its 2 grand, i doubt that its a lapse of attention to his selling need, two options come to mind, he dont wana sell, though no one types that much and doesn't intend to follow up, second is he sold it and his purpose fulfilled he didnt update,. much of society is like this, layercake, like how at the end of the credits they show more movie, and people that left react with hurt when they hear. but then again if people thought things out and had patients we wouldnt need pawn shops.