Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1988 VW CABRIOLET FOR SALE FLORIDA $3000 OBO must sell

1. 04-20-2012 06:42 PM #1
      I need to sell this! Planning on driving to CT in 3 weeks and need new car!

I am selling my 1988 VW cabriolet. 5 speed manual. Top is in great shape. I have every record of anything that has ever been done to the car. I am the third owner. I bought it for $2500 and have put almost $3700 of work into it. The speedometer is broken, but the car has 75,000 miles on it. I have every record of how many miles were driven since the speedometer broke. In the car the mileage reads 27,000. I bought the car in October when it had 65,000 on it. In March 2011 4 new tires were put on the car. In October 2011 I replace the alternator, flushed the cooling system, flushed the brake fluid, replaced all CV boots, replaced drivers side inner tie rod end and aligned front end, replaced left tie rod assembly and performed alignment, replaced interior light, replaced bushings on seats, replaced spark plugs, cleaned AC drain, replaced dipstick funnel, replaced driver side high beam light, the fuel pump, the ignition control module, coil wire, and of course oil changes. I have records of everything, even from the other 2 owners. The car ran great til about two months ago. It has an intermittent problem that my mechanic at suncoast VW doesn't want to even try to fix. If I were a mechanic myself and had the ability and time to try to fix it I would, I love this car it is my dream car. Sometimes,if I shut it off for 10-15 It will not start again. Wait 30-40 minutes for the engine to cool and it will start right up. Never happens first thing in the morning because the car is cool. I am selling because I need a reliable car and have already put too much money into this one for this to be happening. I wish I didn't have to sell but it is necessary. Located on West Coast of Florida. Car has been in FL all its life. Call or text 860 707 0627 if interested. Thanks.

Car is red with black top, believe me it is beautiful. Gray interior with red and black pin stripes. Interior is flawless. E Mail smichaels14@gmail.com if you would like to see pictures, I would be happy to send them. I just don't know how to put them on here. Thanks

2. 04-28-2012 08:42 PM #2
      sold it