Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: JL Audio 13TW5 in Custom Enclosure

1. 04-21-2012 12:52 AM #1
      I sold the GTI but the new owner didn't take the sub along with the rest of the system. It's not going to easily fit in the new car, so it's getting sold. The box was made by another member on here, it's a fiberglass box with a CNC wood top designed to fit inside your factory spare tire. This will raise the rear floor about 2" but allow for a fully flat rear floor. you get a 13" sub with plenty of boom, without losing space in the trunk or the spare tire. The box will only fit JL Audio's 13TW5 subwoofer because of it's unique design, and size. This sub sounds fantastic, it's plenty loud, and wonderfully articulate, it balances well and takes up virtually no space.
      I bought the sub about 2 years ago, and paired it with a JL Audio HD600/4 amplifier, this gave the sub 300 watts of power, which is right at it's optimum power. This sub was never abused, and was used mostly for SQ and not booming bass, most of the time I had it attenuated lower using an adjustment knob. The box was never painted because it was under a false floor, but it can be painted if you want it to be seen. I also have the protective cover for the sub which was installed on day one.
      This sub is in perfect condition.
      This sub was/is expensive.
      I live in Raleigh, but am driving up to MD in a few weeks and am willing to bring it with me to meet along the way.
      Here's a photo without the false floor:
      Looking to get $600 OBO
      The sub is sad sitting in my office, I'll add some more pictures when I get them uploaded to the computer.

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MKVI .:R
      05-13-2012 02:32 AM #2
      Would you do 550 shipped for just sub and amp?