Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Which new automotive trend needs to die?

Vehicles
      00 VW Jetta 2.0L AEG
      04-24-2012 02:39 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris_V View Post
      or when you have a small business and/or you want to maximize interior space for carying stuff while minimizing the actual footprint of the car. They are marvellous exercises in packaging. But I woudl't expect a testosterone addled teenager to uderstand practical vehicles.
      do you direct most of your frustration/anger towards teenagers a lot?
      i was talking about the aerodynamics of the boxes you call a car. carbon footprint i bet you drink bottled water.

your 2012 scion xb gets a combined 24 mpg with all the stuff you can fit in it, in it. probably 18. the mpg of a maybach or benz v8. dont know how thats practical but you got it champ.

2012 nissan cube 25 city 30 highway no space for 4 tall testosterone addled teenagers and practical room for small little men.

2012 kia soul you’ll roughly see 27-mpg in the city and 35-mpg on the highway. not a lot of room here either but better mpg than the others. so out of these 3 it is the most practical.

ive been in all of these cars theyre not spacious to me and THEY LOOK LIKE BOXES
      not to mention safety - these are all a smart car on a little larger scale

these cars arent practical they are just weird/different cute and cheap

come on you sir are not as environmentally friendly as you think you are. what do small businesses have to do with anything? a lot of small businesses dont recycle. write a letter to your representative about your concerns with footprints. all the government vehicles tested and diagnosed if they have big carbon footprints.

im not saying carbon footprints arent real im saying you use it as a reason to drive that ugly pos when really its just in your budget.

these 2011 and 2012 cars are practical
      audi a3
      nissan leaf
      toyota prius
      ford focus, fiesta, fusion
      honda insight
      volkswagen jetta, sportswagen, tdi

i bet you like the new scion iq and you think its practical

A MARK IV GOLF/JETTA TDI gets around 40 mpg easily 1999.5-2004.5 and are as spacious as those 3 if not more
      Last edited by hfiles2011; 04-24-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Vehicles
      BMP 20th - 1990 Cabriolet.
      04-24-2012 02:55 PM #142
      ^LOL.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      No. Smell has a very strong connection in the brain with feelings... or if you're walking past A&F you might think of that chick you fingerblasted when you were 15.
      Goon Squad x Bagriders x Gengstout

Vehicles
      2013 Chevy Volt, 2014 Mini Cooper, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      04-24-2012 04:42 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by hfiles2011 View Post
      do you direct most of your frustration/anger towards teenagers a lot?
      No, but dumbass teenagers tend to make the stupidest statements.
      i was talking about the aerodynamics of the boxes you call a car. carbon footprint i bet you drink bottled water.
      I was talking about PHYSICAL footprint. Didn't say "carbon" anywhere in my post, dumbass. It's about how small you can make a car and make it emminently practical. And a box is the most efficent use of space. That's why vans are box shaped.

Oh, and I don't own one, as you can see by my list over there <----

I just hate closed minded asshats who revel in having no actual knowledge, like yourself.
      I love cars, but the problem is they are like schroedinger's hobby. They're always in a quantum superstate of being both awesome and a huge waste of time and money... until observation momentarily forces them into one state or another.

04-24-2012 04:48 PM #144
      BMW.

Vehicles
      99.5 B5 A4 Casa White, 09 Jetta, 99 Cabrio (92 Corrado)
      04-24-2012 05:11 PM #145

I just hate closed minded asshats who revel in having no actual knowledge, like yourself.
      Family First

Vehicles
      1999 Passat V6, 2001 Passat wagon
      04-24-2012 05:30 PM #146
      Station wagons with tapering rear ends. They need to be boxy to be practical. A Dodge Magnum doesn't have a lot of cargo room. I like driving a car, but need the extra room. More so than a hatchback.

It's a long shot, I know, since station wagons are just about dead here.

7. 04-24-2012 05:37 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      BMW.
      wrong!
      correct answer is VW
      Girls and Money and New Clothes

Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      Keep in mind the noise you hear in an S2000 is the ENGINE, and not the exhaust note that VR6 people jizz over. I'd rather have a nice sounding engine than a nice sounding exhaust.

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta GT, 1998 GTI 2.0, 2012 GLI, 2012 GTI
      04-24-2012 05:40 PM #148
      "sticker bombs"
      Spraying your taillights completely black
      Rust hoods/fenders
      "JDM" towhooks

..And too much more to list

Vehicles
      09 VW GTI
      04-24-2012 06:41 PM #149
      Analog clocks in car dashes. Hate them.

Vehicles
      00 VW Jetta 2.0L AEG
      04-24-2012 07:04 PM #150
      No, but dumbass teenagers tend to make the stupidest statements.

I was talking about PHYSICAL footprint. Didn't say "carbon" anywhere in my post, dumbass. It's about how small you can make a car and make it emminently practical. And a box is the most efficent use of space. That's why vans are box shaped.

Oh, and I don't own one, as you can see by my list over there <----

name calling? really? dont be so soft. so youre talking about the much lesser important issue "the physical footprint"
      ok

i touched on this but you completely ignored it. its not practical for most of us normal sized people to buy/own these small cars. why not just design a stylish aerodynamic spacious gas efficient performing mid size sedan and utilize its space rather than design an ugly inefficient slow pos box car.

cars are not computer chips, stop trying to make them as small as possible, its neither safe nor .
      smart cars (with the exclusion of all electric) are horrible all around.
      the ad for these things should be. "JUST WANT GOOD PARKING?".

the 3 cars i mentioned in my original post as horrible, just are.

practical comes before physical footprint.
      function over form
      carbon footprint over physical footprint
      form over physical footprint. for now. until your idiot children mass produce and then we will have to worry about that sort of thing
      and last but never least your mom over top of me. the greatest of them all.

you own a mini cooper. be happy.
      made by bmw blah blah nice car blah blah blah. style wise ok. meh. still a box car. a 2011 vw jetta, four door sedan, spacious utilizes more space than a minicooper (4 door and coupe) a more practical car and they both have very similar physical footprints

i have an idea that you may like, since cars arent flying yet, and space above isnt being utilized -follow me now- maybe we should make cars as boxes (why boxes because think of this world as a game of tetris and we have to utilize our space) theyll reach 15 feet in the air and have two rows of seating so it can fit 8 or 10 people instead of 4 or 5 because this is a small world and we really need the space whatever Douchebag

so i take it you do like the scion iq?
      Last edited by hfiles2011; 04-25-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Vehicles
      06 Legacy GT Wagon
      04-24-2012 07:26 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
      "sticker bombs"
      Spraying your taillights completely black
      Rust hoods/fenders
      "JDM" towhooks

..And too much more to list

Not sure if any of those are "new automotive trends" (i.e. coming on factory cars).

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta GT, 1998 GTI 2.0, 2012 GLI, 2012 GTI
      04-24-2012 10:08 PM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mouser View Post
      Not sure if any of those are "new automotive trends" (i.e. coming on factory cars).
      Oops. Sorry.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-24-2012 10:16 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by JCMaler View Post
      Chrome/clear taillights.
      I like my clear/chrome tail lamps.... I also understand you have your opinion. Much better than the idiots that tint their tail lamps rendering unsafe. At least the chrome section of my tail lamps are full of bright red LED to alert the idiots behind me.

HID drop in kits should be enforced by law more strictly.... It is really bad around CA, where all these rednecks/bros with lifted yotas that put HID on their low beams and fog lamps blinding my expensive eyes.... Sometimes I would like to carry a spot lamp to blind their asses, but that would be illegal.
      Last edited by B3sat16v; 04-24-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-24-2012 10:19 PM #154
      stuff

To the extent that your thoughts are even coherent, they're wrongheaded and idiotic.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 04-24-2012 at 10:24 PM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      00 VW Jetta 2.0L AEG
      04-25-2012 12:49 AM #155
      did all those words throw you off you old f****t. good joke brah. i admit i dont have it all figured out. don't try to use your 45+ years of life experience so pointlessly alright buddy. youre not authentic but you know that already.

Vehicles
      BMP 20th - 1990 Cabriolet.
      04-25-2012 08:46 AM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by E34M50 View Post
      wrong!
      correct answer is VW
      lol, why does it not surprise me you have your nutswinger buddy in your own sig?
      Last edited by x_GTI_x; 04-25-2012 at 09:03 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      No. Smell has a very strong connection in the brain with feelings... or if you're walking past A&F you might think of that chick you fingerblasted when you were 15.
      Goon Squad x Bagriders x Gengstout

Vehicles
      2013 Chevy Volt, 2014 Mini Cooper, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      04-25-2012 08:57 AM #157
      did all those words throw you off you old f****t. good joke brah. i admit i dont have it all figured out. don't try to use your 45+ years of life experience so pointlessly alright buddy. youre not authentic but you know that already.
      You type a lot for a moron.

You can apaprently dish out insults but are incabaple of taking them. Did we hurt your widdy bitty feewings, twit?

Go away, you bore me.
      I love cars, but the problem is they are like schroedinger's hobby. They're always in a quantum superstate of being both awesome and a huge waste of time and money... until observation momentarily forces them into one state or another.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-25-2012 10:10 AM #158
      You completely misunderstood his post, spouted an incoherent, tangential stream of semiconsciousness about carbon footprints and sedans, and then threw a tantrum and called him a ****** when you got called out on it. Since you admittedly don't have it all figured out, why don't you stop being an childish, arrogant little f*ckwit, and comport yourself with a bit of friendliness and humility if you want a seat at the adult table? Start by both reading AND understanding what other people say, then work your way up to responding in a coherent, appropriate, clearly written fashion. Or don't, and you'll continue to get dismissed as a babbling idiot by those of us who can do those things. Your choice, boy.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 04-25-2012 at 10:14 AM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

19. Member
      Vehicles
      04 W8 6spd Wagon
      04-25-2012 08:41 PM #159
      Touchscreens... Having a tactile feel of a button or switch I can use without looking at it.

Touchscreens = Death

DRL's...well, Keep the DRL, but do not illuminate the dash under any circumstances unless all exterior lights are turned on first. I see some many moron here in NJ driving around at night with no lights on (just drl's, no rear lights) but I pass them, and look inside their car and its lit up like a Christmas tree. No wonder they have no clue there lights are off.
      Originally Posted by rconn14:
      The fact that someone invented a system that saves you the struggle of turning your head to check your blind spot, yet there is no dash-light that says "get your ass out of the left lane you cell phone wielding ****"

Vehicles
      98 b5 Passat
      04-25-2012 11:08 PM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by AJB View Post
      DRL's...well, Keep the DRL, but do not illuminate the dash under any circumstances unless all exterior lights are turned on first. I see some many moron here in NJ driving around at night with no lights on (just drl's, no rear lights) but I pass them, and look inside their car and its lit up like a Christmas tree. No wonder they have no clue there lights are off.
      This happens WAY to often. People are ****ing idiots.

Vehicles
      CSG Golf R | UG DSG 4dr MK6 GTI | SBM MK6 GTI - gone :(
      04-25-2012 11:34 PM #161
      - Obstructed view around car because of "styling"
      - Absurdly low front end for the condition of most roads around the states
      - Offering few or none of the amenities on cars sold in the US that are also sold overseas
      - Not offering certain models in the US that are awesome (Ford Falcon, Focus RS, Scirocco, etc.)
      - Technology added just for the sake of being cool. I hate navigating through menus to play music on my MK6 head unit
      - F**king beam wiper blades, and proprietary connectors - STOP IT PLEASE! The 4 dollar a blade wipers at Wal-Mart worked better
      - "Aftermarket" HID set ups
      - Hybrids - mainly because of the pretentious d-bags that typically drive them, and think they are doing the world a favor
      - Bundled options on new cars. I should be able to a la carte leather and other simple things, not have to spend 5-10 grand more for the simple stuff.
      - Drum brakes on any car

I'm sure that there are more I am missing, but those are the biggest ones I can think of.

22. 04-26-2012 12:48 AM #162
      Ok, here goes...

1) Big wheels - I was fine with 14" wheels stock and 15" upgrades. I have never needed more.
      2) Auto, DSG, CVT transmissions - are people really too lazy to shift gears manually?
      3) No manual trans in full size pickups. Checked Dodge, Chevy and Ford - it's not an option any more.
      4) No fuel efficient diesel options in pickup trucks.
      5) Every year cars get fatter.
      6) Too many heavy cars, suvs on the road.
      7) Poor fuel efficiency.
      8) Ugly cars - there's too many. I agree with the many comments regarding ugly lights, I still like the old double round look.

Vehicles
      00 VW Jetta 2.0L AEG
      04-26-2012 11:21 PM #163
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      You completely misunderstood his post, spouted an incoherent, tangential stream of semiconsciousness about carbon footprints and sedans, and then threw a tantrum and called him a ****** when you got called out on it. Since you admittedly don't have it all figured out, why don't you stop being an childish, arrogant little f*ckwit, and comport yourself with a bit of friendliness and humility if you want a seat at the adult table? Start by both reading AND understanding what other people say, then work your way up to responding in a coherent, appropriate, clearly written fashion. Or don't, and you'll continue to get dismissed as a babbling idiot by those of us who can do those things. Your choice, boy.
      f*** you. i will say i misunderstood his post which has already been clearly stated. my statements where incoherent. at first. and i admit the way i handled the argument was obscure. your arrogance isnt noticeable at all

as i have said before and maybe i should explain this more so it will connect in your head. it is irrelevant to bring up footprint of a car when they look like boxes that are the same size and hold no more than a hatchback with better engineering and have less downsides than an ugly box car. why bring up such a trivial argument for box cars? not worth mentioning. they have PROVEN to be inconvenient, and there is vague evidence that box cars have less of a footprint than cars in its class. not to mention more convenient than other cars. so his argument for box cars is obviously disputable.
      thats all im saying.

bitCh.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345