Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Corrado G60 Electrical Problems: Bad to Worse

Vehicles
      90 Corrado Lysholm
      04-22-2012 03:35 PM #1
      So I have a 1990 Corrado G60. The gauge cluster lights were working fine and so did the clock, luggage compartment light and so forth, all interior lights. As I was working on the HVAC and cigarette lighter units, the HVAC wires that light up the lightbulb touched one another and created a spark and shut off the gauge cluster light and I am not reading any voltage at the cigarette lighter, as I was before. I checked my fuse and it was perfectly fine, and the gauge light bulbs work fine too. The gauge cluster turnsignal light, oil temp light, highbeam indicator, battery indicator, etc all work fine but the cluster dome lights arent lighting up, anymore. I hooked up another G60 cluster and it gave me the same read out, all indicators work fine but not the dome lights. I tried unhooking the whole gauge cluster harness from the fuse box, but it was to complicated and after failing I just hooked it back up and called it a day.

After I put it all back together, now the gauge cluster turnsignal light stays on when turning on the lights, but the turnsignals dont blink. I checked fuses and they are all fine as well, I tried to see if the car's turn signal actually works, and they dont anymore. So I dont have gauge dome lights, cig light, and faulty turn signal lights and I cant even activate my turn signals.

Does anybody have a clue as to what might have happened? Im thinking the relay may have shorted. Or maybe a wire from the harness that controls the dome light may have shorted.

Im in dire need of an electrical guru or anyone with knowledge about circuits.

Thanks,
      Mark
      Last edited by DubCorrado; 04-22-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat
      04-22-2012 10:39 PM #2
      Sorry to hear about this Mark.

This will probably get moved over the Corrado forum since it's currently in the G60 engine forum. Since this forum isn't one of the most active I would copy and paste this into the Corrado forum yourself.
      ¡¡ opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

Vehicles
      13 Silverado - 91 Corrado - 92 Corrado VR6T
      04-25-2012 10:08 PM #3
      I'm not exactly an electrical guru but you might want to try swapping headlight switches for the majority of your lighting problems. I'm having a similar issue with having no turn signals in my SLC. When I track it down I'll get back with you...

Example of a messed up headlight switch I'm having... Interior lights are always on, headlights still work with the switch but the tail lights also are always on. The dimmer wheel does not dim the lights but it does however shut the tail lights off when turned down to the off position... A common thing to go bad to make a car look like an electrical nightmare when it's actually an easy fix.

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat
      04-26-2012 03:38 PM #4
      ******** This thread lives over here now
      No post here ..

Corrado G60 Electrical Problems: Bad to Worse.
      ¡¡ opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!