Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2002 A4 1.8T quattro Avant manual (State College, PA)

Hybrid View

1. 04-22-2012 08:40 PM #1
      Up for sale is my 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T quattro, which I'm selling because I've bought a B7. The car is Dolphin Gray Metallic exterior with gray leatherette interior. This car has been my daily driver for the last several years and has never let me down. It hasn't required much effort on my part to keep it running beautifully. During the time I've owned it it's always been garaged and has been cared for very well. The car feels very new despite its age and high mileage (151k), helped particularly by the outstanding interior.

The car is equipped with Eibach Pro-kit springs, which give the car an impressive stance without compromising ride quality (Eibach supplies the OE springs to Audi for many models, so they are well-tuned for the car). The car comes with 5-spoke 17" wheels from a B7 Audi A4 with Continental tires. A full-size matching alloy spare is included. Other tasteful upgrades include blacked out front upper and lower grilles, subtle quattro window graphics, and B7 wood interior trim. The car has never had a front license plate so there is no unsightly bracket or mounting holes. A hardwired MP3 adapter has also been installed using the factory CD changer input. The car is also equipped with 034 Motorsport street density motor mounts which are solid elastomer, rather than the failure-prone fluid-filled original mounts. The solid mounts will last much longer and give slightly crisper throttle response.

The car has been meticulously maintained and needs no work. All of the typical failures of the B6 Audi have been addressed in this car. All accessories work properly and the car has no known mechanical problems. A diagnostic scan of the engine shows no fault codes. The interior is essentially flawless. The exterior is in very good condition with the exception of a few scratches through the clearcoat which are not notable from a normal viewing distance, and a couple areas of bubbly paint which I have touched up. All of the flaws could be removed by a good detailer. The wheels have some curb rash but none are bent. I've recently driven more than 1500 interstate miles on the car without a single hiccup. I would gladly drive the car anywhere in the country without hesitation. Recent maintenance includes: Complete timing belt service performed less than 20k miles ago, spark plugs, coolant temperature sensors, thermostat, coolant, and four-wheel alignment. Oil changes have been performed religiously using only Mobil 1 synthetic oil and OE-brand oil filters. The car has valid PA mechanical and emissions stickers, good through July of 2012.

I'm very confident you can find an A4 for less money than I'm asking. I'm in no rush to sell the car , and it is priced taking into consideration its condition and the maintenance that is already performed that the new owner won't have to worry about.

More photos are available here. Please email me to request photos or to schedule viewing or a test drive.

Last edited by Coupeq20V; 06-04-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Vehicles
      MKIV TR R32
      05-13-2012 01:25 PM #2
      Still for sale? What are you asking?

3. 05-14-2012 03:49 PM #3
      so I'm collecting contact info of "second-chance" people in case he decides to bail. Asking price is listed above, $6995.

Vehicles
      MKIV TR R32
      05-14-2012 09:45 PM #4
      I really don't see a price in your first post. But thanks for telling me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 05-30-2012 04:26 PM #5
      My buyer is pretty much backing out so this car is up for grabs again while he tries to scrape together the money. First reasonable cash offer takes it.

6. 06-04-2012 10:35 AM #6
      Car is sold, thanks everybody who was interested