Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The pink jetta.

Vehicles
      08 jetta wolfsburg 2.0t, 95 vr6 Gti(sold), 01 Jetta Vr6(sold), 98 jetta TDI(sold), 08 Rabbit(RIP)
      04-23-2012 10:31 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by the fuzzy one View Post
      As ugly as that pink Jetta is if you take the time to look at the car you will realize why it won. It is a "show car" everything I have seen on the car looked to have been done very nicely and it's what the owner wanted. If you want to complain about not winning with your daily when your competing again actually show cars maybe next time you shouldn't enter
      VolkShore
      MINI tech

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 10:36 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by crosshare View Post
      Just stop judging for good. I thought the whole point of dustoff was to have a good time.

God I love you, lol.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

3. 04-23-2012 10:41 AM #38

bulk pricing on these is $1.15 for orders over 100.

I think this is a solid investment to avoid the whining.
      TDI | GTI | FLHXI | PVW 02/09

Vehicles
      mk1 coupe mk2 coupe
      04-23-2012 10:44 AM #39
      this kind of bologna is why I dont "show" anymore at any events. I either park on the side,park in a vendors booth, or say dont judge my car. There is always someone who will sit next to their car all day...waiting for judges to come...then get butthurt if they didnt win. Or they win and brag to everyone how great they are. Myself and a few people whom i respect their opinions is much more gratifying than a plaque. All the plaques i have sit in a drawer collecting dust.

There is no winning with this stuff.....people whine about the cost to enter a show (20$).
      If you want proper judging the entry would have to be (50$). Then judges could be paid to spend their whole day going over every piece of junk car with a fine toothed comb.Everyone would have a fair chance. I have been a judge at many events. Its not easy to go around and review every car.Lets face it 95% of them are not a show car anyways. It takes a long time to go through all the cars and give a respectable look at them. You think thats fun to do when you are there as a volunteer?
      Anyone can do as they wish....but as for me i go to see friends and admire a small number of cars worth looking at
      VW Fiends German Speed Society Banchwerks PVW 4/08 & 7/12
      Nothing leaves Stock Creep Customz Brokestatus Get Low Unix Performance Gengstout

Vehicles
      2011 Kink Gap Xl, 2000 Haro Blammo,'08 Gti
      04-23-2012 10:47 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by mr sarcastic View Post
      I couldn't make the show this year. Tell me about the pink jetta.
      trouble maker
      It's still pink, and it still makes people cringe. To each their own.

and on to the judging, I told the judge (mk5) to move along as I stood in the rain behind my car. I paid to park on the track with my friends and have a good time.

I watched the MK4 judge work his ass off in the rain looking over every car. Most of the owners were no where in sight when he made his way through.

Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      04-23-2012 10:59 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by thewhitsnpt View Post
      God I love you, lol.
      I meant it. Every year there's a bitch fest about judging. Watch what happens when you end judging. I can picture a more relaxed environment which is what it should be.

or you have me judge and I would've picked the mini as best in show.
      Northshore Auto Union(N.S.A.U.)-Salem, Ma.
      nathanmichael@gmail.com
      MKV Rabbit aka The Panda

Vehicles
      B5 passat wagon,mk3 cabby, mk1 4dr rabbit, B4 passat vr wag, 86 mk2 jetta, mk3 gti
      04-23-2012 10:59 AM #42
      can someone post what the judging sheet looks like so we can c what is judged? once its posted then u can judge ur own car and see how u would line up...

Vehicles
      '97 GTI 2.0 (v2.0) // '94 Golf 2.slow auto // '83 Rabbit Diesel
      04-23-2012 11:00 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by SuperBacon View Post
      My judge for the mk3 was VERY thorough.
      Thanks Sam.

It was my first year judging and the job plain sucks. I wish it could be a Top Gear board so people got to see something other than just the top 2 cars in the class.

The mk3 class was loaded with awesome cars and it made me sad that within the first 5 minutes of starting to judge I knew who was likely going to win. I am not debating that the cars that won shouldn't have, not even in the slightest. They both showed impeccable work and attention to detail. But its disheartening for those who go it alone and try to really build the car on their own to compete with a car like Alexi's.

But lets be honest the trophy is nice as validation but that smile and thrown V as you drive the car everyday is really why we kill ourselves day in and day out to make these cars reflect our dreams.

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 11:01 AM #44
      Tobi, you are a God among men. Really appreciate the support man.

You too Mr Flanagan.

You guys totally get it.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      04-23-2012 11:02 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by OLD-GTI View Post
      [IMG]http://www.ribbonsgalore.com/images/ribbons/titles/SCH_rosette_Reflections_Participant_green500.jpg[/]

bulk pricing on these is $1.15 for orders over 100.

I think this is a solid investment to avoid the whining.
      And have the dude in the android costume pass them out.

Vehicles
      B5 passat wagon,mk3 cabby, mk1 4dr rabbit, B4 passat vr wag, 86 mk2 jetta, mk3 gti
      04-23-2012 11:02 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by jettaIIIridinglow View Post
      it had some ghetto "rims" on it and was super ugly. surrounded by dudes with there pants hanging off there ass and blasting Nig nog beats. you didnt miss much on that subject.
      nig nog beats? really? what u live under a rock. fuken retard. get a life. next time u see us at a show come tell me to turn off the nig nog beats please....

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 11:03 AM #47
      Look for a significant change to the top cars judging if we can pull it off for next year. An idea has been suggested that we are going to give a try. Will make some people a bit happier.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      '97 GTI 2.0 (v2.0) // '94 Golf 2.slow auto // '83 Rabbit Diesel
      04-23-2012 11:05 AM #48
      judging sheet was as follows

name ____ class ___

interior 1-10
      exterior /paint 1-10
      engine 1-10
      stance 1-10
      theme 1-10
      total ___

comments
      Good ________
      Bad_________

Also frankly half the people that were "showing" couldn't even be bothered to fill out the red card or make it visable. So let me get this straight, you don't have the time to fill out 5 lines in the comfort of your own car but you want the Judges to stand out in the rain and look carefully at your car to try and give you full points for the subtle detail mods that you did?

14. 04-23-2012 11:06 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by tobiwonkonobi View Post
      this kind of bologna is why I dont "show" anymore at any events. I either park on the side,park in a vendors booth, or say dont judge my car. There is always someone who will sit next to their car all day...waiting for judges to come...then get butthurt if they didnt win. Or they win and brag to everyone how great they are. Myself and a few people whom i respect their opinions is much more gratifying than a plaque. All the plaques i have sit in a drawer collecting dust.

There is no winning with this stuff.....people whine about the cost to enter a show (20$).
      If you want proper judging the entry would have to be (50$). Then judges could be paid to spend their whole day going over every piece of junk car with a fine toothed comb.Everyone would have a fair chance. I have been a judge at many events. Its not easy to go around and review every car.Lets face it 95% of them are not a show car anyways. It takes a long time to go through all the cars and give a respectable look at them. You think thats fun to do when you are there as a volunteer?
      Anyone can do as they wish....but as for me i go to see friends and admire a small number of cars worth looking at
      this

would it be enjoyable to volunteer to judge cars and spend time at every car telling the owner why its not a show car and picking it apart? of course it would be maybe someday this will happen and people might stfu about judging

but lets be honest here.....would you rather get skipped over or have someone tell you why your car sucks and why its not going to win?

and most people who judge dont want to do that....unless your big tim

Look for a significant change to the top cars judging if we can pull it off for next year. An idea has been suggested that we are going to give a try. Will make some people a bit happier.
      good show tom as always....but the rain tom why cant you do something about that
      Joosey - DubAudi - Banchwerks - ForceFed Engineering - HighwayStar

PVW 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by uzi did it View Post
      you can compare me to kobe bryant of the vw world. i'm just that good.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      1998 jetta 2.0
      04-23-2012 11:07 AM #50
      And this is exactly why people walk away from this scene everyday. Didn't make the show but as always I'm sure it was amazing congrats and thank you to all the people that make it happen every year. As for all of you that had your dick hurt by not beating "the pink jetta" grab your balls walk into your garage and do work! As a member of volkshore a club that the car is a part of congrats jazmin for putting work into that car and winning. And lastly thank you to the og's for standing up in this thread, I know that car is not your taste but you can still recognize what it takes to get to that point. New England scene needs a serious reality check it seems everyone is forgetting why they got into dubs. This sure as fahk isn't why I go to meets, shows, and put blood sweat an tears into my car.

Vehicles
      04 GTI
      04-23-2012 11:08 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by MFZERO View Post

I watched the MK4 judge work his ass off in the rain looking over every car.
      this, although i was surprised with the outcome
      World Class Fad

Top Gear Auto- Gloucester, MA

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 11:08 AM #52
      Well put Dave. I would love to tell people what sucks about their car. Idea for next year?

I will work on the rain issue, lol.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      08 Mars Red C class Benz, 91 Jetta 1.6TD....
      04-23-2012 11:13 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by tobiwonkonobi View Post

Deffinately agree, most cars are no where close to "show cars" that show up, I go to dustoff with the mindset that this is a big get together and get my gratification from someone I have never met just checking out what I have done and saying, hey that's pretty cool I like your car, some cars are distasteful to the VW crowd and we all know what cars they were haha, but who cares about "winning Dustoff"? Everyone I know that has been around the VW scene for a long time does not care if they win ****. Dustoff is a good time every year and is put together well, thanks to all who put this event together...

19. 04-23-2012 11:13 AM #54
      This year was my second DustOff, and I was again impressed with the general atmosphere and organization of the show. Maybe it's because I'm used to CT shows, but it seems like the people at DustOff are just nicer people than the people I see at other VAG shows. The entrance/spectating fees are dirt cheap, the venue is beyond cool, and the whole thing just feels like a giant barbecue.
      I will not be missing this show next year, it's just too good to pass up. Sure, the pink Jetta was of questionable taste IMO, but the judges chose it for a reason. Nothing on that car was hacked at ALL. it really was a nice car despite some color/style choices.

DustOff is all about having a good time; too bad there are some people who are just incapable of doing so.

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 11:36 AM #55
      Just as a quick FYI on the cost of this show. The track alone costs $4,000. Start there and figure in all of the other expenses to go along with that. See where the money goes and realize that we do alot with a limited budget. We are working on some improvements for next year already and have a few pretty good concepts.

We are all part of this community and have a pretty good grasp on what's needed/wanted and will continue to strive to be the best show in New England. Please understand that this show is not done for financial gain like some of the larger shows and is still run by a couple enthusiasts in their spare time. Should put things in a different light for some.

Tom
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

21. 04-23-2012 11:54 AM #56
      Well put Dave. I would love to tell people what sucks about their car. Idea for next year?

I will work on the rain issue, lol.
      i thought about doing it this year....but with the rain i wouldn't be able to give enough time and attention to each car critiquing their nicely executed modifications

can i get that rain part in writing?
      Joosey - DubAudi - Banchwerks - ForceFed Engineering - HighwayStar

PVW 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by uzi did it View Post
      you can compare me to kobe bryant of the vw world. i'm just that good.

Vehicles
      '83 Rabbit, '08 GTI, '10 Jetta TDI
      04-23-2012 11:55 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by mkIII2.0 View Post
      And this is exactly why people walk away from this scene everyday. Didn't make the show but as always I'm sure it was amazing congrats and thank you to all the people that make it happen every year. As for all of you that had your dick hurt by not beating "the pink jetta" grab your balls walk into your garage and do work! As a member of volkshore a club that the car is a part of congrats jazmin for putting work into that car and winning. And lastly thank you to the og's for standing up in this thread, I know that car is not your taste but you can still recognize what it takes to get to that point. New England scene needs a serious reality check it seems everyone is forgetting why they got into dubs. This sure as fahk isn't why I go to meets, shows, and put blood sweat an tears into my car.

I've been to every Dustoff from the beginning, and with the exception of last year, volunteered at every one since 08. Call me a curmudgeon, but the scene is going downhill more and more each year. From people complaining that their bag setup and expensive wheels didn't win them a $50 plaque, to arguing about my "emm kay four" not being a real GLI because they didn't come in Reflex Silver . And I'm no better by coming on here and making my own complaint about it, but F it.

Rain and whining aside, I had a damn good time, and that's all I expected out of it, and why I'll be back next year.

23. 04-23-2012 12:03 PM #58
      Seems to me that the judging was done very well. That car was wasnt half assed and it was the only car that even stood out enough for me to remember after walking the track.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tdi golf
      04-23-2012 12:11 PM #59
      i just get upset that the same car can win every year... granted if the owner changes the car around and makes it different, thats fine. but when a car is the same year after year and wins, i dont think thats right. the pink jetta is a complete show car and personally not a fan, but its not my car, and the owner clearly built it to suit them so good for them, but they shouldnt win time after time with the SAME thing. if they change the car up then fair game.

Vehicles
      Mk6 tdi, Corrado
      04-23-2012 12:18 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by the fuzzy one View Post
      As ugly as that pink Jetta is if you take the time to look at the car you will realize why it won. It is a "show car" everything I have seen on the car looked to have been done very nicely and it's what the owner wanted. If you want to complain about not winning with your daily when your competing again actually show cars maybe next time you shouldn't enter
      Well put
      I saw a few other cars that I would have rather seen place. I dont like anything about that car, but looking it over there is clearly a lot of time and effort in it.

26. 04-23-2012 12:36 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by MKIIIislove View Post
      i just get upset that the same car can win every year... granted if the owner changes the car around and makes it different, thats fine. but when a car is the same year after year and wins, i dont think thats right. the pink jetta is a complete show car and personally not a fan, but its not my car, and the owner clearly built it to suit them so good for them, but they shouldnt win time after time with the SAME thing. if they change the car up then fair game.
      its no one's fault but yours that the same car wins every year, dont blame the judges or the owner of the car. step up your game and knock them off the top.

Vehicles
      cheby
      04-23-2012 12:43 PM #62
      its no one's fault but yours that the same car wins every year, dont blame the judges or the owner of the car. step up your game and knock them off the top.
      I don't think you know what you are talking about
      Last edited by SoIAteAPancakeToday; 04-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Vehicles
      mk1 coupe mk2 coupe
      04-23-2012 12:44 PM #63
      VW Fiends German Speed Society Banchwerks PVW 4/08 & 7/12
      Nothing leaves Stock Creep Customz Brokestatus Get Low Unix Performance Gengstout

29. 04-23-2012 01:02 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by SoIAteAPancakeToday View Post
      Quoted for hilarity

Vehicles
      cheby
      04-23-2012 01:07 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by LowBro View Post
      Quoted for hilarity
      Why there were
      Four cars in particular that I would have loved to see walk away with something but didn't

Vehicles
      1991 Audi 200 20vt Quattro
      04-23-2012 01:11 PM #66
      Pink Jetta wasn't the only thing being laughed at

32. 04-23-2012 01:54 PM #67
      Your right. I know your car and you've peaked. I guess it's cool that you've accepted it.

33. 04-23-2012 01:59 PM #68
      Your right. I know your car and you've peaked. I guess it's cool that you've accepted it.
      yup...like my grampa used to say "the world needs ditch diggers too."
      TDI | GTI | FLHXI | PVW 02/09

Vehicles
      01.5 Lazer Red A4
      04-23-2012 02:00 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by tojr1088 View Post
      honestly.....this is the second time its one someone has to switch up these dustoff classes.....i mean audi b5 was won by a 2.8l with nitrous and 360k on it. come on guys
      So mad, i should have showed. I paid then parked at my buddys booth. I had a shot
      that black dude in a B5

jfjautoworks.com
      IG @ajsmind

35. 04-23-2012 02:04 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by OLD-GTI View Post
      yup...like my grampa used to say "the world needs ditch diggers too."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast