Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The pink jetta.

Vehicles
      BMP 20th
      04-23-2012 08:18 PM #106
      4 is mine!

We're posting links in Vortex to Audizine, they're posting links in Audizine to Vortex, and we're all LOLing.

I vote we eliminate judging and give away participation ribbons (as stated before). I parked on the track because it is one of the coolest venues for a car show and quite frankly, wanted to drive around the track.

It would be a shame to lose such a cool venue. OSD did a fantastic job with what they had. Must we forget that if it wasn't for any of them, who do this in their spare time, there would be NO show at all?

Just something to think about. They don't HAVE to do this every year.

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 08:21 PM #107
      Thank you. Appreciate the sentiment.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      3 cars, 3 turbos
      04-23-2012 08:31 PM #108
      hey we dont ALL suck on audizine grampa tom
      -Rick- .:HBC Strive for excellence
      NOW mine2002 Gti 337 PTE5857B,2008 Ibis Audi A4 Ti hers2010 Tiguan SEL
      THEN 2001 S4 90 corrado,90 gti vr6, 95 golf sport+many,many more..
      www.autoengineering.com

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 08:45 PM #109
      Are you sure, lol?
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      Hyper Foreman Scar
      04-23-2012 08:59 PM #110
      I'm surprised anyone thinks they can "win" anything, because really, if you're modifying your Volkswagen aren't you a bit of a loser already?
      Last edited by ThatGuyRyan; 04-23-2012 at 09:04 PM.
      drop>drive>destroy>dispose | "You may be surprised to discover you're rich, especially if you're broke." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

"I might get crucified for this but, I honestly believe that people who hate on other automotive sub-cultures are not real car fans." ~ Paddy McGrath

Vehicles
      audi tt gt3076r 01 aston martin db7 04 land rover disco 99rolls royce seraph
      04-23-2012 08:59 PM #111
      I had fun just sucked that it started raining good thing I had the tent
      and i meet some cool people
      Last edited by 01ttgt28; 04-23-2012 at 09:22 PM.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t-done-I-guess
      ^^^Big Turbo build lots of pics^^^
      Best shop for repair and custom workin ma
      http://www.wentworthmotorsports.com/

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      04-23-2012 09:02 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by VW1990CORRADO View Post
      hey we dont ALL suck on audizine grampa tom
      eh... I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by OLD-GTI View Post
      what the car was, and how it placed in prior years is irrelevant, if it's the best, it's the best.
      right, that was my last sentence... I'm just saying, I hate seeing the same car win year after year because no one else stepped their game up...

Vehicles
      3 cars, 3 turbos
      04-23-2012 09:05 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      eh... I disagree
      hi fellow member
      -Rick- .:HBC Strive for excellence
      NOW mine2002 Gti 337 PTE5857B,2008 Ibis Audi A4 Ti hers2010 Tiguan SEL
      THEN 2001 S4 90 corrado,90 gti vr6, 95 golf sport+many,many more..
      www.autoengineering.com

Vehicles
      04-23-2012 09:11 PM #114
      that place had no respect for the classics. It was a B5 mecca though.

Vehicles
      vr coupe, v8 t-reg, aba cabby, mghey4
      04-23-2012 09:45 PM #115
      Man this is funny as usual.. First of all Mike Gibney's mk4 won last year, the pink jetta was runner up. I judged half of the mk4s this year, every hood was closed as well as there trunks. I spoke to the people i judged. She knew more about her car than 90% of you complaining f**k tards know about your car. Maybe if some of you took the time and look at her car you would see theres a built in hair dryer to blow the sand out of your vagina's, with a a number of nail polishes for your finger nails...I had 15 people email me about judging 4 showed up... I busted my ass in the cold ass rain to try to make things as fair as possible.

As far as the audi's go, we didnt realize there was an issue until we went over the judging sheets.. I had to walk over 4 times to the audi section to check for names, we had 2 judges that didnt write down the class properly. So it was an honest mistake. Anyway... Ill be there next year to be in-charge of judging so lets see how many step to the plate...

Vehicles
      '00 A4 Avant
      04-23-2012 09:51 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by tojr1088 View Post
      honestly.....this is the second time its one someone has to switch up these dustoff classes.....i mean audi b5 was won by a 2.8l with nitrous and 360k on it. come on guys
      Is this true? Because if it is I've some qualms.
      Mildly related, 4 judges? Really? Is that a serious number? That's sad. If OSD couldn't find more judges, at all, that speaks more to club organization, IMO, than it does for those showing cars. I didn't see any offer on the registration site for open judging, especially that you had only 4! I had planned to see the show but I would have happily judges Audi other had I known they were in so short supply.

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 09:58 PM #117
      So you want the club that organizes the show to also supply all of the volunteer labor too? You have got to be kidding me. You are either clueless or just want to stir ****.

There has been and still is a link on the Dustoff site to volunteer for judging. As well as a post on here asking for help. You found this to post here so you must have seen the thread asking for volunteers.

You guys amaze me at how clueless you can be. If you would prefer a $50+ entry fee to hire real judges let me know and I will make sure it happens. I personally counted the judging sheets and saw issues. Between trying to read soaking wet sheets of course. Think about it man. Damn.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      2004 VW Jetta Wagon GLS
      04-23-2012 09:59 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by thewhitsnpt View Post
      Just as a quick FYI on the cost of this show. The track alone costs $4,000. Start there and figure in all of the other expenses to go along with that. See where the money goes and realize that we do alot with a limited budget. We are working on some improvements for next year already and have a few pretty good concepts.

We are all part of this community and have a pretty good grasp on what's needed/wanted and will continue to strive to be the best show in New England. Please understand that this show is not done for financial gain like some of the larger shows and is still run by a couple enthusiasts in their spare time. Should put things in a different light for some.

Tom

and by literally he really means like a couple of people
      OSD/NEK
      I make beats...the beats don't make me....

Alexi DeRochambeau was my hero....R.I.P.

Vehicles
      '00 A4 Avant
      04-23-2012 10:54 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by thewhitsnpt View Post
      So you want the club that organizes the show to also supply all of the volunteer labor too? You have got to be kidding me. You are either clueless or just want to stir ****.

There has been and still is a link on the Dustoff site to volunteer for judging. As well as a post on here asking for help. You found this to post here so you must have seen the thread asking for volunteers.

You guys amaze me at how clueless you can be. If you would prefer a $50+ entry fee to hire real judges let me know and I will make sure it happens. I personally counted the judging sheets and saw issues. Between trying to read soaking wet sheets of course. Think about it man. Damn.
      Yes I expect event organizers to ORGANIZE and plan the event propely in order to prevent poor performance.

I presume this is what you mean by an offer for judging? Buried deep on the bottom of the page? You couldn't have made this a banner on the site? A couple weeks before the show as a Vortex thread, while its enough time assuming it reaches more eyes, was too late. (((I frequent quattroworld as I drive an Audi, its more in my interest, and i do not support the audizine asshattery))) I dont mean to attack you Tom, I know you are but one man. It's the organizational aspects that I have qualms with. Sigb me up now, i will happily judge the Audi Other cateogry next year. In addition, I will actively promote the idea outside of the whoretex so that there's more styles and people aware of the show and judging opportunities. If that fool with the pink rim won my category thats just shameful and disappointing.
      Last edited by JuanFangio; 04-23-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Vehicles
      06 GTI UM Tuned
      04-23-2012 11:30 PM #120
      honestly Jermey STFU and pull your head out of your ass

just because you bought a car that is worthy of showing doesnt mean you should win or anything jesus come on man i know your smarter than that

again if you have an issue with judging then volunteer to do it they always and i mean always make a thread about it every year and in every post they ask for volunteers for it

Vehicles
      04-24-2012 12:14 AM #121
      there were many calls to judge...

Tom, maybe you should just drop the show and judge angle... obviously people are too serious about judging
      that or make it just one judge per class. That way it all rests on one person and they can all blame that one judge and not the event as a whole.

If I come next year, I'll be sure to help judge. Hopefully my son (who will be nearly 4 by then) will cooperate.

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      04-24-2012 01:02 AM #122
      Well this is something. I'll be there next year, and I'll judge. Howaboutthat****? Also, I'll bring at least one and maybe two other judges (I didn't make it this year due to some personal issues).

18. 04-24-2012 07:48 AM #123
      Tom, maybe you should just drop the show and judge angle... obviously people are too serious about judging
      ...or maybe people need a reality check of what a show car is.
      TDI | GTI | FLHXI | PVW 02/09

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-24-2012 07:49 AM #124
      I let it be known in enough places that we needed judges. You found out about the show so you had ample opportunity to volunteer. I have enough other things to do to support a show that costs almost $10k to put on to sit and beg for volunteers. Besides, no matter how many volunteers I get there will still b e the same amount of bitching. And that's a fact. Because there will always be someone who thinks they got judged unfairly. Even if they are judged by their peers.

So it is what it is. I am already starting with planning for next year. With some changes. I enjoy doing the show and enough people actually enjoy it for me to continue working at it.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      '00 A4 Avant
      04-24-2012 08:44 AM #125
      Womp womp. A mild attempt to get judges seems to exempt one from responsibility. I know my car wasn't perfect, but that not what I'm unhappy with.
      You all need to remove uncle toms stick shift from your mouths and look it from a customer standpoint and a 'car show standpoint' instead of siding with poor organization and planning. If no one makes a stink about your shortcomings YOU won't make a change.

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8t
      04-24-2012 08:57 AM #126
      I understand judging was tough in the rain and lack of volunteers and my car didn't have a chance this year anyway in the mkiv class but c'mon how could you people think it should have won? Or that it is a well put together show car? It's a pile of ****!

The car has a pink painted gli lip to match the car, it has a pink painted engine cover (zero) engine mods..... Interior is way overdone yes she probably scores highest there with the ****ty fake coach and 15 TV's......just don't understand that with zero engine mods and I'm sure it's on coils and it wins and people think it was deserved.....

Vehicles
      2011 Kink Gap Xl, 2000 Haro Blammo,'08 Gti
      04-24-2012 09:01 AM #127
      Drop the judging/trophies, no more problems.

23. 04-24-2012 09:19 AM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubbinn8611 View Post
      I understand judging was tough in the rain and lack of volunteers and my car didn't have a chance this year anyway in the mkiv class but c'mon how could you people think it should have won? Or that it is a well put together show car? It's a pile of ****!

The car has a pink painted gli lip to match the car, it has a pink painted engine cover (zero) engine mods..... Interior is way overdone yes she probably scores highest there with the ****ty fake coach and 15 TV's......just don't understand that with zero engine mods and I'm sure it's on coils and it wins and people think it was deserved.....
      what exactly are you trying to say here?

24. Member
      04-24-2012 09:23 AM #129
      what exactly are you trying to say here?
      That a car straight from a junkyard with a big turbo, exhaust, intake and faded scratched paint with mice in the interior should compete for first place?

Maybe?

25. 04-24-2012 09:26 AM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by GLSVR6PWR View Post
      That a car straight from a junkyard with a big turbo, exhaust, intake and faded scratched paint with mice in the interior should compete for first place?

Maybe?

makes sense.

I'm going to plan an Occupy Dustoff protest for 2013, because we're all being opressed by the judges, and their tyrrany.

I bet if enough of us sit around, and pout, and tweet anti judge drivel from out ipads, things will change...it worked for those Wall Street kids...right?

Vehicles
      04-24-2012 09:34 AM #131
      ...or maybe people need a reality check of what a show car is.
      That too... I've judged concours cars before... it's ****ing exhausting... The only thanks you get are generally free admission and some free food and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFangio View Post
      Womp womp. A mild attempt to get judges seems to exempt one from responsibility. I know my car wasn't perfect, but that not what I'm unhappy with.
      You all need to remove uncle toms stick shift from your mouths and look it from a customer standpoint and a 'car show standpoint' instead of siding with poor organization and planning. If no one makes a stink about your shortcomings YOU won't make a change.
      Dude, you need to ****ing relax. I didn't even GO to the show, but I saw Tom's constant pestering on lots of forums and threads trying to get judges.

Getting judges isn't ****ing easy.

I mean, did you really expect your daily driven Audi to even remotely get judged as a show car?
      When I would judge, if the car was a pile of ****, I'd write 1s and move on. I've got 30+ cars to look at and if you haven't made a valiant effort where someone else OBVIOUSLY HAS, you're not going to win... and you shouldn't even bother showing.

I bet half the people who even 'show' just want to see their car in a better spot for others to take pictures of it, as no one takes photos outside the track normally.

I love the post show "Hey, did anyone take a picture of my car!?"

It's your car, go take a ****ing picture of it yourself. It's all about validation... everyone wants everyone else to think what they did was cool... and they want validation for all the money they spent on their car.

Every time I've ever 'shown' at Dustoff or Broke.Down was simply to get a better parking spot... and I think the judges are aware of that and they probably just write 1s across the card and move on.

Wheels, drop and bolt ons aren't going to win a ****ing car show.

Tom, maybe next year, raise the price of 'show cars'... maybe that will make the whiners drop out and only the people who are serious about winning will stay in. Then, at that point you could consider paying the judges enough to make it worth their while and with less cars you'd require less judges.

Or, you could do the 'invitational' way... let people register for the show but they need to submit a picture and a list of work done to the car and then you tell them if they're show worthy or not. It will be blatantly obvious who wants to win and who is just there to park on the field.

27. Member
      04-24-2012 09:55 AM #132
      Maybe it's a fall out of a generation that didn't have winners or losers in Tee Ball league, now everyone thinks they should have won or their feelings are hurt?

Chapel = spot on.

BTW, Anyone take a picture of my car? It was the one not at the show on Sunday.

28. 04-24-2012 09:58 AM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by GLSVR6PWR View Post
      Maybe it's a fall out of a generation that didn't have winners or losers in Tee Ball league, now everyone thinks they should have won or their feelings are hurt?
      exactly...the generation that doesn't know how to lose, or take an a$$ kicking.

Things don't go their way they just whine about it on the internet.

Vehicles
      08 R32
      04-24-2012 10:02 AM #134
      Wow...I would have thought that all the attention and picture taking a persons car received would have been enough recognition. My car is by no means a show car, It's a work in progress! I paid the $20 basically for better parking and to hang with a few of my friends that were there and that is that.

When the judge came by I told him he didn't have to judge the car because I knew I wasn't winning anything. The judge was cool and shot the sh!t with me for a few and went to the next car, and even if I ever finish the car I would do the same thing because I don't need a crappy plaque or trophy (no disrespect to the people who put the show on) to feel good about my car.

I had a blast at the show, I just wish the rain held out longer...but oh well

Just my 2cents...Ian
      98 JETTA VR6/92 GTI VR6 <---Both were missed, until I bought this---> 08 R32

30. 04-24-2012 11:36 AM #135
      If some of you people put half the energy you put into whining, into your car...... You might win something.

Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      04-24-2012 11:39 AM #136
      there were many calls to judge...

that or make it just one judge per class. That way it all rests on one person and they can all blame that one judge and not the event as a whole.

If I come next year, I'll be sure to help judge. Hopefully my son (who will be nearly 4 by then) will cooperate.
      Agreed. Seriously consider this Tom.
      Northshore Auto Union(N.S.A.U.)-Salem, Ma.
      nathanmichael@gmail.com
      MKV Rabbit aka The Panda

Vehicles
      vr coupe, v8 t-reg, aba cabby, mghey4
      04-24-2012 11:51 AM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by JuanFangio View Post
      Yes I expect event organizers to ORGANIZE and plan the event propely in order to prevent poor performance.

I presume this is what you mean by an offer for judging? Buried deep on the bottom of the page? You couldn't have made this a banner on the site? A couple weeks before the show as a Vortex thread, while its enough time assuming it reaches more eyes, was too late. (((I frequent quattroworld as I drive an Audi, its more in my interest, and i do not support the audizine asshattery))) I dont mean to attack you Tom, I know you are but one man. It's the organizational aspects that I have qualms with. Sigb me up now, i will happily judge the Audi Other cateogry next year. In addition, I will actively promote the idea outside of the whoretex so that there's more styles and people aware of the show and judging opportunities. If that fool with the pink rim won my category thats just shameful and disappointing.
      Thanks for volunteering to judge Audi next year Also there's a thread in the dustoff events page on vortex looking for judges..

Vehicles
      01.5 Lazer Red A4
      04-24-2012 12:25 PM #138
      To the OSd guys, you do a great job every year. The only gripe i have is you need to do a better job controlling mother nature , thanks and I'll see you again next year along with most if not all these people in here bitching haha
      that black dude in a B5

jfjautoworks.com
      IG @ajsmind

Vehicles
      04-24-2012 12:35 PM #139
      Tom, if you want to discuss some ideas about judging off here, let me know. I have a bunch that might make these threads a thing of the past...

Vehicles
      2011 Kink Gap Xl, 2000 Haro Blammo,'08 Gti
      04-24-2012 12:46 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by mr sarcastic View Post
      If some of you people put half the energy you put into whining, into your car...... You might win something.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast