04-23-2012 03:09 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by 01ttgt28 View Post
      What one best Audi other
      won* and the black UrS6 avant won.

Vehicles
      1991 Audi 200 20vt Quattro
      04-23-2012 03:18 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by thewhitsnpt View Post
      Lack of hood is good for dummy points. Especially in the rain. And when cruising around Seekonk.
      Can we at least get an aircooled exclusion statement from you on this matter?

Vehicles
      06 GTI UM Tuned
      04-23-2012 03:23 PM #78
      Thank you very much. Few realize what it takes. Some do.

Improvements will be made every year as we see issues and deal with them. And judging is always THE hardest issue to fix.
      i have a small idea about a way to fix that

ask the show people when they enter if they are showing and if so they need to be at their car between say noon and 2pm and if they arent they will not be judged

i know you guys try your hardest to judge everyone equally but i also know a lot of cars are judged that dont need to be

also i will be judging mk5 next year and possibly mk4 as well having 4 people do it all is a joke

Vehicles
      project roided wookie
      04-23-2012 03:25 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by ForVWLife View Post
      i thought about doing it this year....but with the rain i wouldn't be able to give enough time and attention to each car critiquing their nicely executed modifications

can i get that rain part in writing?
      Dave if you judged, every car would be pressured into aiming to get at least a 2 on their score cards
      The Build Thread CTS Turbo SoCalStance Shop

Window Tinter (RI Area)- #meatheadwindowtinting

RIP Alexi

Vehicles
      2007 GTI
      04-23-2012 03:43 PM #80
      I think the show has been great for the few years i've gone. sure the weather is hit or miss, but that's really a big deal, bring a rain jacket or something. props to all the organizers who make it happen. the location is good, the organization of the show is nice and everything flows well throughout the day.

too much whining.

6. 04-23-2012 03:48 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by MKIIIislove View Post
      i just get upset that the same car can win every year... granted if the owner changes the car around and makes it different, thats fine. but when a car is the same year after year and wins, i dont think thats right. the pink jetta is a complete show car and personally not a fan, but its not my car, and the owner clearly built it to suit them so good for them, but they shouldnt win time after time with the SAME thing. if they change the car up then fair game.
      FYI in the case of this car, much had changed from last year, but as its was replaced with things that were still blaseing pink I'm sure you didn't notice, I hate that car and think It looks like ****, but it is well made taste aside, but if you want to say that it was un-chahnged you didn't look at the thing hard enough last year or this year.
      Last edited by elmer fud; 04-23-2012 at 03:53 PM.
      I'm a certified vw/mazda dealer tech and I run a modification shop on the side.
      02 beetle tdi,00 jetta 2x4, 92 miata,,30 pontiac.

Vehicles
      tropic gti
      04-23-2012 03:51 PM #82
      Lack of hood is good for dummy points. Especially in the rain. And when cruising around Seekonk.
      calling me a dummy eh? Just kiding i dont care, i didnt shave the bay to keep a hood on it. well put together show, even hotel arrangements were awesome. Even though it rained, the show went on just as if it wasnt. I had a good time, regardless of judging. Judging is always a hard spot to be in because not everyone looks at it the same way. Definately room for improvement but regardless nice work tom and everyone else who organized the event
      Quote Originally Posted by ventoCL View Post
      bags dont counts. never have, never will.
      CORNSTATUS
      My Shaved bay Build

8. 04-23-2012 04:40 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by JettaGT8V80 View Post
      i have a small idea about a way to fix that

ask the show people when they enter if they are showing and if so they need to be at their car between say noon and 2pm and if they arent they will not be judged

i know you guys try your hardest to judge everyone equally but i also know a lot of cars are judged that dont need to be

also i will be judging mk5 next year and possibly mk4 as well having 4 people do it all is a joke
      I'll be in next year. I would have this year but my 3 day old assistant might not have been experienced enough yet. Next year she'll be able to notice when someone's not low enough.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      04-23-2012 05:31 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by mr sarcastic View Post
      Judging at this show is purely volunteer work, and most dont do it more then once cause everyone that loses crys like a little bitch. That comment by Blake was purely in preparation for that. Getting people to judge is like pulling teeth cause everyone love to blame some one when they get beat. And it ain't worth it.
      I REALLY want to judge EVERY CLASS next year... just so I can tell someone that their car is crap and not to even bother trying ever again
      I want to give all zeroes to a car

I want to be the face of the Judges... I want people to know I'M THE REASON YOU LOST, MOTHER****ER

I love hearing the post-show bitching. It powers my soul for the whole season.

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 05:45 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by DuB fresh View Post
      calling me a dummy eh? Just kiding i dont care, i didnt shave the bay to keep a hood on it. well put together show, even hotel arrangements were awesome. Even though it rained, the show went on just as if it wasnt. I had a good time, regardless of judging. Judging is always a hard spot to be in because not everyone looks at it the same way. Definately room for improvement but regardless nice work tom and everyone else who organized the event
      Ha ha ha ha I just love bustin balls. Car looked good man. And thank you for the compliments. It takes a lot. Even for the little things to happen. Hotel, shuttle to party, DJ, setup, and take down even in the pouring rain. So many things that most take for granted all take time to arrange and set up the day of.

PLEASE sign up and volunteer for judging. It is the WORST part to take care of on our own every year.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 05:47 PM #86
      And here's a big F U to the idiots on Audizine. Love how you're cars are so far above our crappy VWs. Weird how many parts match right up tho. If you hated the judging and show in general stay the **** home. I'll find a few more pink Jettas to happily take your place.

Ass holes.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      04-23-2012 05:56 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by OLD-GTI View Post
      I miss the days when not winning at a show meant that you stepped up your game for the next show...now it's just bitching and moaning.

Everyone should get a "participant" ribbon like in kindergarten.
      Quote Originally Posted by SuperBacon View Post

Tom, I think you have some ideas for next year
      May I suggest a black ribbon that says '****ing loser' for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by SBwagon View Post
      can someone post what the judging sheet looks like so we can c what is judged? once its posted then u can judge ur own car and see how u would line up...
      This is not a bad idea. maybe with some help, we can make it a better sheet.

Well put Dave. I would love to tell people what sucks about their car. Idea for next year?
      The judging sheet should say: "Why your car didn't win" or "Why your car sucks this year" and just have it be long form essay...

And your exactly what I'm talking about.
      My exactly what?
      Your right.
      My right what?

How's that new-dad sleep coming along, Phil?

Vehicles
      04-23-2012 05:56 PM #88
      And here's a big F U to the idiots on Audizine. Love how you're cars are so far above our crappy VWs. Weird how many parts match right up tho. If you hated the judging and show in general stay the **** home. I'll find a few more pink Jettas to happily take your place.

Ass holes.
      oh, what did those ****tards say? linky linky!

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 06:11 PM #89
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      cheby
      04-23-2012 06:12 PM #90
      getting a 404 not found

Vehicles
      2011 Kink Gap Xl, 2000 Haro Blammo,'08 Gti
      04-23-2012 06:14 PM #91
      link no worky Tom

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 06:14 PM #92
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

Vehicles
      2011 Kink Gap Xl, 2000 Haro Blammo,'08 Gti
      04-23-2012 06:14 PM #93

Vehicles
      '97 GTI 2.0T (v2.0) // '94 Golf LC5P // '83 Rabbit Diesel
      04-23-2012 06:35 PM #94
      wow that's seriously ****ed up. I wonder if they have a clue that there were only 4 judges for the cars, but well over a hundred have made judgements about the car judges.

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant,B7 Passat
      04-23-2012 06:42 PM #95
      Nice bunch of fellas over there.
      broke.status
      OSD
      NEK

21. 04-23-2012 06:45 PM #96
      er...

i think we are just all commenting about the classes not being right...

ie an a3 winning a b6/b7 category. Im sure you guys would have somehting to say if an r32 won best Corrado.

no reason to get all bent out of shape and drop big words about a few comments
      Last edited by phillips2024; 04-23-2012 at 06:49 PM.
      B8 Audi S4 BB|6MT|Prestige|SC Badging|B&O|Silk Nappa|Carbon Inlays|Advanced Key|Carbon Grill|Carbon Logo Base|VAG-COM|Valentine1|3M Clear Bra|H&R OE Springs|35% tint|Carbon Ribbed Rear Diffuser|Vortex LM's with 255/35/19|Trispoke with 225/40/19 10mm F, 15mm R spacers|Hoen endurance fogs|jcodes
      Audi Q7 PB|Prestige|Panorama Sunroof|20" wheels|Gloss Black Filler Plate|VAG-COM

Vehicles
      2004 Nogaro S4, 1991 Jetta GLi
      04-23-2012 06:49 PM #97
      Really wish the Audi idiots would have said to me in person what they posted on their board. I am the one that called out the awards and tried speaking to the ones that stuck it out in the rain. I know you got a bit shafted on the judging and we deserve to be called out on that after charging you $20 to enter. And for that I truly do apologize. Next year I will charge Audis $50 to get in and hire judges to professionally judge them. Just so they get a fair shake. And since us VW owners are ruining the scene with our cheap cars and mods maybe you will feel better paying more to enter like you paid more for your cars.

Feel free to let me know if you'd like to discuss further. I am sure we can find an overpriced establishment with overpriced fare so you feel right at home.
      Let's find us some place with some good saki and some kobe beef to iron this out

But seriously, I’ll step into the fire since I'm one of the ***holes that posted over there. I'm also one that sent Blake a private message and I'm also one that posted here last year with legit "constructive criticism" and sent you a PM pre-show about the categories. I don’t like being categorized as an Audi idiot, although maybe I am.

As for my comment about the scene, I don't blame VW owners at all, but the fact that prices of MKIII's and MKIV's have become a lot more economical, as have B5 and B6 Audi's I'm starting to see the VW/Audi scene be cannibalized more and more from nice clean OEM+ cars and personalized rat-rods to the quick checkout counter from an Autozone or Pep Boys. If that's your style, cool. But it’s not what I was generally accustomed to when I started playing with VW’s and Audi’s, and it’s not my personal preference. I wasn’t trying to say that someone with a nice Golf is ruining everything for A4 owners. Hell, I’m not saying someone with a not-so-nice Golf is ruining anything as long as they are enjoying what they want out of their car and the culture that goes with it. I’m just saying the scene is changing, for better or for worse isn’t for me to judge.

Now for the judging, I didn’t show so it didn’t affect me here or there, but why not have the DJ say something about the lack of judges? I had no idea until this whole thing blew up here that there were only 4 judges. That probably would have taken some of the pressure off the judges and all the WTF’s from any of the mistakes. I dunno, I guess hindsight is 20/20. But that’s my .02 on it.
      GSE - Granite State European
      TSP: Team Sad Panda.... When Mods Don't Come Easy
      **SOLD** '04 Nogaro "BLüMEäNIE" S4 - APR Tune - APR Carbonio Intake - APR Cat Back Exhaust - JHM Pulley - Cupra Lip - DTH Side Skirts - H&R Sports - Stern 19x9.5 / BB5 LM "Reps" 19x8.5

Vehicles
      06 GTI UM Tuned
      04-23-2012 06:49 PM #98
      i jsut thought of a great idea for judging

write down everyone that has bitched about it and next year when they enter show give them all zeroes

i am a genius

Vehicles
      '97 GTI 2.0T (v2.0) // '94 Golf LC5P // '83 Rabbit Diesel
      04-23-2012 06:53 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by phillips2024 View Post
      er...

i think we are just all commenting about the classes not being right...

ie an a3 winning a b6/b7 category. Im sure you guys would have somehting to say if an r32 one best Corrado.

no reason to get all bent out of shape and drop big words about a few comments
      I don't think you grasp the concept.

400 cars to be judged by 4 people, and it was terrible out.

We did the best we could with the limited resources. I wasn't even aware that only 4 showed up to judge or I'd have personally done more.

The main point is we got plenty of people telling us what we did wrong but without people who know the classes that are actually willing to show up and judge the cars rain or shine this "the judging sucks" complaint will keep continuing.

I know mk3's that's it.

My car wasn't going to make the show so I figured I could give something back to the community via giving a judge that knew the difference between a euro switch and n/a without the owner having to point that out.

25. 04-23-2012 06:55 PM #100
      see no one knew about the judging till blake said something over on audizine a lil while ago

i said something here because i do not like being called an audi idiot. wtf is that about? why cant we all just chill and like the cars we drive. regardless of price?
      Last edited by phillips2024; 04-23-2012 at 06:58 PM.
      B8 Audi S4 BB|6MT|Prestige|SC Badging|B&O|Silk Nappa|Carbon Inlays|Advanced Key|Carbon Grill|Carbon Logo Base|VAG-COM|Valentine1|3M Clear Bra|H&R OE Springs|35% tint|Carbon Ribbed Rear Diffuser|Vortex LM's with 255/35/19|Trispoke with 225/40/19 10mm F, 15mm R spacers|Hoen endurance fogs|jcodes
      Audi Q7 PB|Prestige|Panorama Sunroof|20" wheels|Gloss Black Filler Plate|VAG-COM

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast