Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Results 1 to 26 of 26

    Thread: 2012 Beijing - Chrysler 300 Ruyi & Jeep Wrangler Dragon Concepts

    1. Member DrewSXR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2000
      Location
      Sint Maarten
      Posts
      3,605
      Vehicles
      Lexus
      04-23-2012 01:44 AM #1
      2012 Beijing - Chrysler 300 Ruyi & Jeep Wrangler Dragon Concepts

      http://wot.motortrend.com/2012-beiji...ts-196265.html



      The ruyi is a Chinese symbol of prosperity, taking the form of a curved decorative object, such as a scepter. The Chrysler 300 Ruyi concept features a Maximum Steel paintjob with dark chrome accents on the Following the company’s bankruptcy and reorganization in 2009, Chrysler exited the China market, after having built Jeep Cherokees with local partner BAIC since 1985, when it was originally founded by AMC. To commemorate the company’s re-entry after a brief absence, Chrysler is showing two models in Beijing, the Chrysler 300 Ruyi, and the Jeep Wrangler Dragon Concept.

    2. 04-23-2012 02:04 AM #2
      The Dragon's been on the JK forums for awhile, and its pretty meh; they only cool thing is the underhood graphic.
      Quote Originally Posted by Subwoofers View Post
      You must be a professional troll in real life.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
      I'm more amused by the scientific formulas people bring up to justify why a BRZ lost to a Megane. Like really? All that college education you paid for and a BRZ is that important to you to go into some asinine explanation about how it's still a good track car?

    3. 04-23-2012 07:09 AM #3
      The 300C is still a looker. Nice updates.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

    4. Member MCTB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2005
      Location
      Crosstours EVERYWHERE!!!
      Posts
      8,462
      Vehicles
      '12 Focus SE, '72 MGB GT, '58 MGA, '15 Outback Limited
      04-23-2012 07:20 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke View Post
      The Dragon's been on the JK forums for awhile, and its pretty meh; they only cool thing is the underhood graphic.
      You mean it is exactly like every BNG Jeep Wrangler then...

    5. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      12,794
      Vehicles
      2012 Jeep Wrangler
      04-23-2012 07:31 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by morecarsthanbrains View Post
      You mean it is exactly like every BNG Jeep Wrangler then...
      BNG?

    6. 04-23-2012 07:38 AM #6
      Gold leather, in a Jeep, really?
      "This couldn't possibly break, I'll put it way the **** down there." -every German car engineer.

    7. Member MCTB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2005
      Location
      Crosstours EVERYWHERE!!!
      Posts
      8,462
      Vehicles
      '12 Focus SE, '72 MGB GT, '58 MGA, '15 Outback Limited
      04-23-2012 08:06 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      BNG?
      Bold New Graphics

    8. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      40,360
      Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-23-2012 10:46 AM #8
      Wow, that somehow manages to be insulting and patronizing to both Chinese AND Americans.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

      Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

    9. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      22,648
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      04-23-2012 11:34 AM #9
      I like the grille of the 300 from a distance, but close-up it's kinda "meh".

      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    10. Member patrickvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      8,397
      Vehicles
      '87 930 '77 Bronco '01 325iTSC '08 Xterra
      04-23-2012 11:47 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by morecarsthanbrains View Post
      You mean it is exactly like every BNG Jeep Wrangler then...
      Is there anything you don't bitch about?

      The headlights on that Wrangler are sweet. Does anyone know if these are Jeep parts or maybe aftermarket items?


    11. 04-23-2012 11:59 AM #11

    12. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      22,648
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      04-23-2012 12:01 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Wow, that somehow manages to be insulting and patronizing to both Chinese AND Americans.
      Nah, I think it's only patronizing.

      How's that for damning with faint praise?
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    13. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      40,360
      Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-23-2012 12:02 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      Nah, I think it's only patronizing.

      How's that for damning with faint praise?
      That may be the faintest praise ever used to damn.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

      Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

    14. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      22,648
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      04-23-2012 12:10 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      That may be the faintest praise ever used to damn.
      Dammit! I nearly spit out my Dr. Pepper!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    15. Member MCTB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2005
      Location
      Crosstours EVERYWHERE!!!
      Posts
      8,462
      Vehicles
      '12 Focus SE, '72 MGB GT, '58 MGA, '15 Outback Limited
      04-23-2012 06:17 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by patrickvr6 View Post
      Is there anything you don't bitch about?

      The headlights on that Wrangler are sweet. Does anyone know if these are Jeep parts or maybe aftermarket items?
      Yeah, there are some things. No worse than anyone else. How many BNG Wranglers are there? Call of Duty, Islander, Altitude, Dragon, Rocky Mountain and Mountain (apparently theyre different), X-S...


      There are a few different LED manufacturers in the aftermarket for DOT approved headlamps. Theyre definitely not cheap though and many complain about the pattern that they lay down. Theyre bright but they seem to be more scattered than a projector beam.
      Last edited by MCTB; 04-23-2012 at 06:23 PM.

    16. Member Pinstripe's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Posts
      495
      Vehicles
      Turbocharged, AWD Volvo
      04-23-2012 07:15 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by patrickvr6 View Post
      The headlights on that Wrangler are sweet. Does anyone know if these are Jeep parts or maybe aftermarket items?
      Aftermarket. They are LED headlights from JW Speaker, model 8700.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      The fact that some people here are able to make words on a keyboard and find the "submit reply" button really has me in awe.
      Quote Originally Posted by Internal Combustion View Post
      Not sure if serious, so I'll put it in terms you can understand: your and idiot.

    17. Member omoderncultureo's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2011
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      2,638
      04-25-2012 01:50 AM #17





    18. Member DUTCHMANia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2003
      Location
      the Netherlands
      Posts
      16,882
      Vehicles
      Jetta Coupe (1989) GTI (1988) Audi Cabrio (1992)
      04-25-2012 03:43 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post
      Aftermarket. They are LED headlights from JW Speaker, model 8700.
      Do JEEP Lights still fit MK2 Golfs?
      Welcome to the internet:
      Where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.


      Member of VOLKSFORUM.COM
      "I like my women like i like my coffee,.... plastic cup"-Eddie Izzard.

    19. 04-25-2012 04:54 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by morecarsthanbrains View Post
      Yeah, there are some things. No worse than anyone else. How many BNG Wranglers are there? Call of Duty, Islander, Altitude, Dragon, Rocky Mountain and Mountain (apparently theyre different), X-S...


      There are a few different LED manufacturers in the aftermarket for DOT approved headlamps. Theyre definitely not cheap though and many complain about the pattern that they lay down. Theyre bright but they seem to be more scattered than a projector beam.
      The new "Altitude" apparently for $3k extra you get painted wheels, a hood decal, painted bumper inserts, red stitches and get this, a black badge!


      Quote Originally Posted by Subwoofers View Post
      You must be a professional troll in real life.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
      I'm more amused by the scientific formulas people bring up to justify why a BRZ lost to a Megane. Like really? All that college education you paid for and a BRZ is that important to you to go into some asinine explanation about how it's still a good track car?

    20. Senior Member feels_road's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2005
      Location
      East Bay Area
      Posts
      22,363
      Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      04-25-2012 05:08 AM #20
      Here is a better picture of the Jeep:


    21. 04-25-2012 05:32 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by feels_road View Post
      Here is a better picture of the Jeep:

      All I see is an assless Asian?!
      Quote Originally Posted by Subwoofers View Post
      You must be a professional troll in real life.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
      I'm more amused by the scientific formulas people bring up to justify why a BRZ lost to a Megane. Like really? All that college education you paid for and a BRZ is that important to you to go into some asinine explanation about how it's still a good track car?

    22. Member GTIVR6MK4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2000
      Posts
      3,065
      Vehicles
      i like them unique
      04-25-2012 06:21 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke View Post
      All I see is an assless Asian?!

    23. Senior Member feels_road's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2005
      Location
      East Bay Area
      Posts
      22,363
      Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      04-25-2012 08:00 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke View Post
      All I see is an assless Asian?!
      All I can reply is that, in my view, she is anything but plain vanilla. Unlike your most-favored source of high-fructose corn syrup - which is run-of-the-mill. YMMV.

    24. Member patrickvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      8,397
      Vehicles
      '87 930 '77 Bronco '01 325iTSC '08 Xterra
      04-25-2012 08:39 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post
      Aftermarket. They are LED headlights from JW Speaker, model 8700.
      You are correct sir! Thanks, these remind me of spider eyes.

      Quote Originally Posted by DUTCHMANia View Post
      Do JEEP Lights still fit MK2 Golfs?
      Yep, same size.

      Trucklite has some new ones that are nice.



    25. Member omoderncultureo's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2011
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      2,638
      04-25-2012 04:45 PM #25





    26. Member
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2008
      Location
      Malvern, PA
      Posts
      6,182
      Vehicles
      5.3L Wrangler
      04-25-2012 04:54 PM #26
      Damn. They got KM2s? Our "special editions" get the OG Mud Terrains...

      edit. Whoa. Check the seats out:

      Last edited by deucestudios; 04-25-2012 at 04:56 PM.
      5.3L Wrangler work in progress
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Monkeys View Post
      "Less Forethought, More Welding"

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •