Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 12 hour layover in El Salvador...

Vehicles
      a Mk2, a Mk4, a B5, and an FZJ80
      04-23-2012 03:43 AM #1
      Like the title states, I will have a 12 hour layover in El Salvador this week and am wondering what to do and what to avoid.

We have a friend of the family that is tentatively available there for transportation, etc., and I thought I would come up with a possible plan whether they are available or not.

I've been told there are taxi's/drivers available at the airport and I'm kinda 50/50 about that.

I anticipated just getting a room at a beach resort that wouldn't be too far from the airport and just chill there for the day, maybe some snorkeling, have a coupla beers, eat, sleep. Or...

There's also the possibility of visiting the Boquerón volcano or one of several archeological sites (Joya de Cerén sounds interesting), but I would like to avoid San Salvador if possible.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!

BTW, language is not an issue.
      Gone and missed: '84 Scirocco, '81 Scirocco S, '80 HiLux 4x4, '77 Kawi Enduro, '74 sparkling green Schwinn Stingray

Vehicles
      a Mk2, a Mk4, a B5, and an FZJ80
      04-24-2012 02:18 PM #2
      Anyone?
      Gone and missed: '84 Scirocco, '81 Scirocco S, '80 HiLux 4x4, '77 Kawi Enduro, '74 sparkling green Schwinn Stingray

Vehicles
      08 Speed Triple
      05-06-2012 09:14 PM #3
      I would say find a taxi at the airport and negotiate a price for him for the whole day. Go where you want might even wind up seeing some good local joints with the cabby.